Game Economics?

Carensell

I would like to better understand how the game economics actually work. This is not to seek out blaming bots or others for the state of the situation, but a desire to understand how/why it works the way it does. Mayhap I am wrong but it seems prices on the broker are very high for items that are necessary to improving crafting skills and such. So if someone with a better understanding of ingame economy could lay it out I would appreciate that.

40 minutes ago, Carensell said:

Ah, the old you have more so we charge more.

That really throws a wrench into my busting a** to scratch up kinah. Wasting hours to not be able to afford anything, nice.

That's not the only issue. Yes, RMT plays a role on this matter but NCsoft was the one that messed up big time imo when they messed with world drops to punish the bots. They ended up punishing real players more...

It's most definitely a combination of things. A lot of the more well off playerbase who have billions of kinah at their disposal (through RMT or legit means) have no issues competing against one another for the mats, especially since they're so limited. This competing raises the prices even higher and keeps them elevated and inaccessible to players who are unable to make that kind of kinah. The initial limitation was caused by the nerfing aimed at crippling the bots on Korea, this nerf was not something NA should have ever been given. The nerfs made it extremely difficult for players to make any kinah through farming or grinding. They have since raised the rates significantly compared to how they were before, but it's still a far cry from the mats being as abundant as they need to be. You need literally hundreds, if not thousands, of certain mats just for 10~ levels of crafting when you get to the higher tiers. So unfortunately for us poorer folks, we'll likely have to do all the mat grinding ourselves and just slowly scratch and scrabble our way up the crafting levels... (Which the game truly wasn't designed for to be honest.)

On 9/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, Cookie said:

It's most definitely a combination of things. A lot of the more well off playerbase who have billions of kinah at their disposal (through RMT or legit means) have no issues competing against one another for the mats, especially since they're so limited. This competing raises the prices even higher and keeps them elevated and inaccessible to players who are unable to make that kind of kinah. The initial limitation was caused by the nerfing aimed at crippling the bots on Korea, this nerf was not something NA should have ever been given. The nerfs made it extremely difficult for players to make any kinah through farming or grinding. They have since raised the rates significantly compared to how they were before, but it's still a far cry from the mats being as abundant as they need to be. You need literally hundreds, if not thousands, of certain mats just for 10~ levels of crafting when you get to the higher tiers. So unfortunately for us poorer folks, we'll likely have to do all the mat grinding ourselves and just slowly scratch and scrabble our way up the crafting levels... (Which the game truly wasn't designed for to be honest.)

Indeed, I desperately need mats to move tailoring up on one of my characters. At 1.24million per mat it will be a cold day in hell when I get there.

Would increasing the drop rate of such mats really be a solution? Or is there other things that would make a better difference?

9 hours ago, Carensell said:

Indeed, I desperately need mats to move tailoring up on one of my characters. At 1.24million per mat it will be a cold day in hell when I get there.

Would increasing the drop rate of such mats really be a solution? Or is there other things that would make a better difference?

Well, think about it this way~ There is a very high demand for the balic mats, but the supply is exceedingly low by comparison. That causes prices to be raised. If supply was abundant and there were enough mats getting posted frequently enough on broker, like more than any one crafter could need, then it wouldn't be a problem. People wouldn't have to have a "I'll pay more if you sell to me" fight over the mats because they would no longer be in short supply. Having an abundance of mats would mean that not just the players who can drop tons of kinah can buy them, because they could get their fill for their levels and move on.  In theory at least. Sometimes greed wins out and people will keep prices high because people will still buy them at insane prices. 

What's funny is nobody would buy the firm skins for 400k. They kept saying to wait for the drop rate increase. Now they're lining up to pay 1m or even 1.5m. Literally everyone wants a master craft, both whales that will pay any price and people going broke because they're clueless about the cost. It also seems like none of the crafters did their homework on probabilities, because they're selling Master Carved at a loss and still trying to make more. I was going to craft my own but I'll probably save money to buy them instead. The whole server has gone crazy.