Too many characters

Asha

I tried to log into my original account and it says I have too many characters.  I had 12 and deleted 2, but still cant log in.  How am I supposed to get things off of those toons if I have to delete them to even log in?  And how many characters are we allowed to have now?

you can have 8 without prestige and 12/13 with prestige, so you need to either activate prestige pack to make more than you currently have, or delete until you have 7 or so to make a new one. If you havent used the 7-day free prestige from BCM yet, you can get that and use it to make more chars without deleting.

22 minutes ago, Hugglez-KT said:

But how are you supposed to log in and buy prestige if  it expires?   Do you have to delete toons if you let it lapse?  

No, you can buy and activate on your existing characters, it is account wide. You dont have to delete characters, if you made 12 when you had prestige you can still access them all without prestige, you just cant create new ones  beyond the limit unless you delete enough of them to go under the limit, which is 8 without prestige.

right.  I only have 12 toons on the retail part of that account.  10 now.  I deleted 2.   I cant log in to any of them.  I get an error saying I have too  many characters.   Unless they are counting my classic toons also,  which are on the same account on classic server.  I have 5 there so that would make 15 on that account total?

Well that might be a different issue then, i see some people having similar problems on classic but they only say they cant create more characters, nothing about being unable to even log into the game with any of the existing ones. Send a support ticket asking if theres some problem on the server side.

ok.  so apparently its a limit on the number of toons you can have PER account,  REGARDLESS of which game/version.    which is weird because I could still get into classic but not retail until I deleted 4 toons to be back at 13 total.  and this is new.  I was just on this toon on tues.   been dealing with this for days now.   can you guys at least gimme a RNG bump or something? lol

On 10/7/2022 at 3:22 AM, Hugglez-KT said:

But how are you supposed to log in and buy prestige if  it expires?   Do you have to delete toons if you let it lapse?  

The maximum amount of characters you can have is 13 on retail, if your account is free you can make up to 8, if you put Prestige you can get to 13 and if your prestige runs out you can keep those 13 characters. So no just because you don't have Prestige doesn't mean you need to delete characters and go back to 8.

But since you mentioned that you have five characters on classic on the same account there might be a collision, there shouldn't be a collision but most likely that's the case. You should contact the support and ask them about it and also request them to restore those deleted characters because you deleted them thinking that this would solve your problem and it didn't.

I personally have 13 characters on retail on my main account and I also have one character on classic on the exact same account but I have no issues.

Edited by Arhangelos

23 hours ago, Hugglez-KT said:

ok.  so apparently its a limit on the number of toons you can have PER account,  REGARDLESS of which game/version.    which is weird because I could still get into classic but not retail until I deleted 4 toons to be back at 13 total.  and this is new.  I was just on this toon on tues.   been dealing with this for days now.   can you guys at least gimme a RNG bump or something? lol

Oof. I don't know if this is NC West being lazy or something that's hardcoded in from Korea but either way it's complete BS.

It also means I'll have to reinstall Classic and delete a few characters so I don't end up with the same problem on one of my accounts.

Just why?? This is terrible design and I've never even heard this being a thing with literally any other game.

I heard of some people having issues making more toons on classic.  They were getting an error message saying they had too many characters.    If its going to be  total, per account, regardless of version   I would have just appreciated a heads up so I could strip them before deleting.   I was told in my tickets there was no way to access them before deleting more.  I was also told to buy prestige for the account again..  which you cant without being ON a character.   I want to say more but it feels like  both of my accounts took a huge RNG hit after my warnings for expressing my unhappiness with the way other things have been handled.  So just know I have more to say,  but Ima say it safer places like discord lol

Then I guess me not logging into classic for like 1,5 years (I stopped playing like 2~3 weeks after launch) put that char on idle mode, I have 13 chars in retail and 1 in classic and I have no issues. If I ever log into that it might activate the problem to me too.