Jump to content
Goosk-KT

Is GP system broken?

Recommended Posts

Other solution would be to have a combination of the two GP rank system we have had so far. the daily reductón of our GP, the higher the rank more GP will be reduced, and  to gain 1450 GP per week (not month) and if you didnt make it, you are out of the rank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KnightZM-KT said:

I might have plausible solution if they can't do anything to the gp system itself and rank reset is out of the question. How hard would it be for NCSOFT to possibly change each gp instance and or gp from siege to where if your a certain lower rank you gain slightly more gp and have it scale and various tiers. in order to help new players. lets say like OW or IDL gives 150 currently to everyone, how change to where maybe a Rank 1 player would gain 300 to 400. and as the person ranks up the gp they gain scales down back to normal to maybe when they reach 4 star or 5 star. I think this is a fair solution to "ACTIVE" players and new comers who intend to be active. since all other options might be out of question and hard to do.

So, let  me look at what you propose another way-  Let's take the case of someone who actaully:

1- worked for and attained  5 star and higher

,2-  actively participates in sieges (attends, sometimes they may transform)

3-  does instanced PVP (OW, etc)

You propose giving them only half the rewards in comparison to someone who just starts? Exactly why is that fair, and to whom? 

Rank reset was ruled out for the same reason,- not because it can't be done- but after consideration it would do more harm than good and it wouldn't be fair .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a blanket reset the DAY OF the merge, would have been equal opportunity ahole , now it is to late. Harm than good, to who? I said the company MISSED an opportunity to make some sales on those old CC warriors.... 

 

Personally, I could care less for ANY GP gain at all, I run OW/IDL etc for the spinels and ap, for other chars... I'd rather be that guy is an R 9 in +15 prime captain's gear that just wrecked the 'officer' still thinking their old gear is so ooohlalaLOL....

 

Both Beritran Gov's as soon as the patch giving said gear came out, immediately switched over.  It confuzzles how worked up some people get about a VIDYA GAME clinging to antiquated, nearly useless system with minimal if any benefit. Yes I see some high ranks only way they can PVP is in xform...it just tells me how bad they are if they had to play (maybe again, who knows how long they've been around...) like we did in 1.x days and the actual skill of the player mattered, not this side glittery crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
8 hours ago, Kiatra-KT said:

a blanket reset the DAY OF the merge, would have been equal opportunity ahole , now it is to late. Harm than good, to who? I said the company MISSED an opportunity to make some sales on those old CC warriors....

 

Personally, I could care less for ANY GP gain at all, I run OW/IDL etc for the spinels and ap, for other chars... I'd rather be that guy is an R 9 in +15 prime captain's gear that just wrecked the 'officer' still thinking their old gear is so ooohlalaLOL....

 

Both Beritran Gov's as soon as the patch giving said gear came out, immediately switched over.  It confuzzles how worked up some people get about a VIDYA GAME clinging to antiquated, nearly useless system with minimal if any benefit. Yes I see some high ranks only way they can PVP is in xform...it just tells me how bad they are if they had to play (maybe again, who knows how long they've been around...) like we did in 1.x days and the actual skill of the player mattered, not this side glittery crap.

Your first point supposes that everyone with rank runs EB (or whatever) over and over to gain their rank. I am a general on DN-A. I ran EB three times in a row exactly once years ago and vowed to -never- do that again. My rank is the consequence of actually enjoying sieges.

To your second and third points you feel rank is useless, you don't want it and that it gives no benefit.. but for some reason you feel it should be taken from those that have it and given to others like you that don't want it.

Your post is full of salt and assumptions. Sure. I've seen someone xform if they feel they are going to run into any PvP and still get chased away by a couple of normal players. But that's hardly the norm. I don't fault the BR high hands for going back to their old characters at all. I can admit that BR got the raw end of the merger deal even though I also think BR never should have been created. And lol at 1.5/9 being about skill and not about rank. You lost so much ap when you died if you were a star-officer and you gained so much ap if you managed to kill one that officers avoided deadly situations and the rest of us chased them the hell around just trying to pop that big ol' ap pinata! My first governor only had governor because he was saving for the bow and deranked as soon as he got it. I remember actively buying stacks and stacks of potions so that I wouldn't be an officer! Even back then seeing "officer" didn't always mean you were looking at a good player. Just a tasty one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

So, let  me look at what you propose another way-  Let's take the case of someone who actaully:

1- worked for and attained  5 star and higher

,2-  actively participates in sieges (attends, sometimes they may transform)

3-  does instanced PVP (OW, etc)

You propose giving them only half the rewards in comparison to someone who just starts? Exactly why is that fair, and to whom? 

Rank reset was ruled out for the same reason,- not because it can't be done- but after consideration it would do more harm than good and it wouldn't be fair .

Sigh so this entire thread is crying and whining about the gp system being broken, at this point so what if people worked hard for there previous rank. it took me a long time to get Great general.

How is it fair there is no way possible if a new player came today and started playing aion that wouldn't get to ever be 5 star without grinding there life away just to get 4 star at this point. LETS ALL FACE IT the game is dying, you want to enjoy the game and not grind your life a way just for a shot at a rank just isn't possible at this point. at least my suggestion keeps it competitive to the people who are active on daily basis, the ranks were always mean't to be competitive.

If we want to keep the game alive even the older players need to give and take here not just complain, "we've been playing since 1.0 blah blah" which most of us do it's  absolutely ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KnightZM-KT said:

Sigh so this entire thread is crying and whining about the gp system being broken, at this point so what if people worked hard for there previous rank. it took me a long time to get Great general.

How is it fair there is no way possible if a new player came today and started playing aion that wouldn't get to ever be 5 star without grinding there life away just to get 4 star at this point. LETS ALL FACE IT the game is dying, you want to enjoy the game and not grind your life a way just for a shot at a rank just isn't possible at this point. at least my suggestion keeps it competitive to the people who are active on daily basis, the ranks were always mean't to be competitive.

If we want to keep the game alive even the older players need to give and take here not just complain, "we've been playing since 1.0 blah blah" which most of us do it's  absolutely ridiculous.

You seem to assume that players who have been here since the start, over for several years have not made concessions-  having been through three mergers in my case, plus  all of the various patches that's just ludicrous. I'm sure that other players could also  tell you that they had to work to regain lost ground, and went through simiar experiences.

If a totally new player comes into the game, they have a number of factors that can make them more competitive at PVE and PVP  but if they want transform rank they will have to work at it, and it was always meant to appeal to the segment that was willing to put in dedicated effort. Even for players that aren't new, a very, very small percentage was every willing or able  to get to the top ten (by the way I made it to 2).

Edited by Calista-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jigen-DN   

just a little break of heated arguments on above posts here. :) why no ones complaining about the coalition system? 1 DC and all your siege points are gone? I got no siege credit for the past week because of that. btw, on the topic at hand, MORE GP requirements per week is really good and hope they implement that. (I'm battling for 2 star rank at the moment)

On 11/22/2017 at 3:43 PM, Azzmaria-KT said:

I understand that we need a more dinamic system to let new active players to get a rank easier. But in the other hand we have to see that some players made a huge effort and used a lot of time to get the GP they have. Maybe cuting in half the GP or reseting all the GP every year is not really fair to those veteran players. But keeping them on the best ranks even if they are not really active now, isn´t fair with the people who is playing now and doing a lot of job. 

So IMO the current system to require 1450 GP in the last month to "unlock" our current rank based on our GP is not bad. But maybe with some modifications could be better. Something like:

to unlock:

1 star       -------      1000 GP in the last month
2 stars     --------      1500 GP
3 stars      --------     2200 GP
4 stars      -------      3000 GP
5 stars      --------     4000 GP
general    --------      7000 GP and at least 5% presence in sieges
great gral. -------     8500 GP and at least 10% presence in sieges
commander -------  10000 GP and at least 15% presence in sieges
governor  -------      12.000 GP and at least 25% presence in sieges. 

actually the players on those ranks obtain much more GP if they are active and those numbers are not so complicated for them. 

lets think about a commander who is not so active or he has no time to play so much. To him is not hard to get the current 1450 GP but if he is not gonna be playing is an Xform wasted and a lot of power absent in the sieges. But we can not erase all his past work. So lets imagine that he only obtains 4600 GP in the last month. Well, he will only unlock rank 5 stars. He will keep his GP and if in the future he play more, he will unlock a better rank and probably recover the commander rank that he deserves. But in the present that position will be for somebody else (and probably will be another veteran player that in the current system has general rank at least) 

agreed to this^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×