Fraction balancing (please don’t count bots)

Blume

@EMpulse

any plans to help increase the population of asmo? Seems like same thing in retail is happening where asmo starts jumping to elyos as it is easier to do instance to capturing forts. Back in retail, some elyos did re-roll asmo to help but failed badly cause the number just won’t help much, guess would be the same for classic? 

btw, does ncwest count the bots when trying determine if the fractions are balance? 

btw, does ncwest count the bots when trying determine if the fractions are balance? 

That would presume that NcWest knows who the bots are. Which would furthermore lead to the conclusion that they know who the bots are and willingly do not ban them. With the final verdict being that everyone was free to bot.

Dont take this post too serious.

Any love from NCwest? The game for asmo is close to dead (hard even to form dred or tiak), slightly better for elyos but getting there. Most player already have their pre make and for the rest are just playing a waiting game most of the time… 

I'd love as well do see some work done on balancing, or at least an affort to permit equal content for each faction.

It seems the Asmo faction will never be able to do Abyssal Splinter as we just don't have the numbers to take Divine when the Elyos are pushing hard to keep it.

Granted, I certainly understand the dynamic of competing factions and reasons to pull everyone together to accomplish goals, but we're not in a population place where that's possible.  

If the faction imbalance leads to only one faction enjoying the new content, then I'm not quite sure what the point of releasing it was.  

Medals are in the same state.  I'm not sure if 'catching up' is even possible right now with the state of silver and gold medals.  Lower forts aren't pushed anymore and there aren't even enough Silver or Gold medals in circulation to even buy a 40e or 50e weapon, let alone an entire set, even if one had the 200m kinah you needed to buy them.  They just aren't available.

I don't like the idea of 'giving' everyone something or putting AP/PvP items in the shop, but some quests and or events for medals would be nice.  Not a medal here or a medal there, something substantive that will help casual players even try to enter the PvP environment and help their faction.

Just some thoughts.  I don't rage against NCSoft like some others, I still love Aion ... it was my first MMO and my first love.  But let's face it, the population is suffering and the impending release of EU Classic and Throne & Liberty will just kill it completely unless something is done.

Peace

PS ... and when did endless transforming just to kill bots and questing players become a thing?  It saddens the state of the game.  Transforming should only be functional during the 4 hour window of a siege

Edited by Yoloranger

19 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

I'd love as well do see some work done on balancing, or at least an affort to permit equal content for each faction.

It seems the Asmo faction will never be able to do Abyssal Splinter as we just don't have the numbers to take Divine when the Elyos are pushing hard to keep it.

Granted, I certainly understand the dynamic of competing factions and reasons to pull everyone together to accomplish goals, but we're not in a population place where that's possible.  

If the faction imbalance leads to only one faction enjoying the new content, then I'm not quite sure what the point of releasing it was.  

Medals are in the same state.  I'm not sure if 'catching up' is even possible right now with the state of silver and gold medals.  Lower forts aren't pushed anymore and there aren't even enough Silver or Gold medals in circulation to even buy a 40e or 50e weapon, let alone an entire set, even if one had the 200m kinah you needed to buy them.  They just aren't available.

I don't like the idea of 'giving' everyone something or putting AP/PvP items in the shop, but some quests and or events for medals would be nice.  Not a medal here or a medal there, something substantive that will help casual players even try to enter the PvP environment and help their faction.

Just some thoughts.  I don't rage against NCSoft like some others, I still love Aion ... it was my first MMO and my first love.  But let's face it, the population is suffering and the impending release of EU Classic and Throne & Liberty will just kill it completely unless something is done.

Peace

PS ... and when did endless transforming just to kill bots and questing players become a thing?  It saddens the state of the game.  Transforming should only be functional during the 4 hour window of a siege

Xform won’t be an issue if there are enough player. But since lack of population, xform could run around and kill for fun making the game bad for those trying to gear up or doing quest.

too bad ncwest can’t do anything unless KR make changes. But there isn’t such issue in KR cause they have enough ppl running around to burn the xform so they don’t need any change to the xform limits. 

NC wont do anything about it. In fact I think that they are going as far as releasing a new server with 2.5 but wont even care about our current issues.

That said, it's on "us" to fix it. I'm rerolling Asmo on this account (I'm a noname Elyos but +1 is +1 I guess). See you ingame!

And I'll tell you more. The players are running the other side away from the game. It happened with the Asmos being the dominant faction for a long time, driving a lot of Elyos away from the game. And it's happening now with the Elyos being so dominant to the point of nowt even allowing the Elyos to take a fort that they don't even want to take because it would give the Asmos a PVP buff.

So why not allow the Asmos to take that fort? The players don't even notice that such a toxic behavior is only going to drive even more people away. This goes for both sides.

55 minutes ago, Walled said:

NC wont do anything about it. In fact I think that they are going as far as releasing a new server with 2.5 but wont even care about our current issues.

That said, it's on "us" to fix it. I'm rerolling Asmo on this account (I'm a noname Elyos but +1 is +1 I guess). See you ingame!

And I'll tell you more. The players are running the other side away from the game. It happened with the Asmos being the dominant faction for a long time, driving a lot of Elyos away from the game. And it's happening now with the Elyos being so dominant to the point of nowt even allowing the Elyos to take a fort that they don't even want to take because it would give the Asmos a PVP buff.

So why not allow the Asmos to take that fort? The players don't even notice that such a toxic behavior is only going to drive even more people away. This goes for both sides.

Correcting the line: "not even allowing the Asmos to take a fort that they don't even want".

On 10/29/2022 at 1:15 AM, Yoloranger said:

Peace

Only the Ultra wealthy can afford medals now.Golds are back up too around 900-1mil Each and sapphires 2-3mill.They could Add Gear wraps like they did previously this would put a lot of gear on the market from ppl who have upgraded.Even making medal boxes award 2-3 instead of 1 would stop this inflation.

Making gear easily sellable would help a lot of players not 55 Elite obviously but 50 and lower 1 wrap per piece not the stupid amount of 4-6 wraps like retail.And the function of allowing people too store 50 and lower gear in account warehouse could assist people if you have medals but not much AP can use multiple chars too gear 1 faster,which would also mean more people and variety in pvp instances.

Even adding the coin chests again that had a chance of a pvp item would help people out.Anyways nothing is likely too change unfortunately we are always based off koreas model which simply isnt practical with our population.And when EU is released i fear ncwest server wont survive tbh.

Dont really have much sympathy for the asmo faction.All i see pvp wise in instances is the same geared premades que dodging too face undergeared teams,some plant their Alts and freely admit it to you and then train and do everything they can too make you lose.And open world xforming then spying too grief i mean if this is what pvp is Gl getting any new or return players to put up with this style of gameplay.

Same goes for arenas i could record countless times the teaming by multiple players but why bother nothing changes.

Its a sad state of gameplay that players of both factions resort to these tactics too win.Why even bother gearing if only want 1 shot players all your doing is driving players away.Anyways no point anymore sadly this is whats become of the game,even retail didnt become this bad so fast.