Banned for trying too hard?

Vladimere

@EMpulse Please Please reconsider your last Ban of players.  I did not get anything Banned but so many friends and legit players did from what I can see.  This was kind of an insane move on the product team for Aion to do this.  There are many of us like myself that only came back a few months ago to Aion Retail and I've had lots of fun but already the numbers of players are so dang low and you guys just pissed off a huge number of loyal players.  You guys really need to back up a step and re evaluate what  you have done.   You ruined the game for legit players by banning them and you more than ruined it for the players who remain.. .  I have no doubt this will end the game completely if you dont fix this.  The remaining players will leave too because now its going to be even more impossible.  What is the point of even playing this game any longer because seriously those who are left are likely just going to ban aion from games I play list.

Entire days without sleep to level my characters to take advantage of the events and you prohibit them so that you leave us without an option and buy in your store

But we do have a choice and that is to leave the game. If you don't announce that this ban will be only temporary and not permanent me and my party will leave the game after 5 full years

@EMpulse @Loki  I have to say that after thinking about this some more and what you Aion has done here, with this banning of legit and hard working players is one of the most vial, disgusting, horrendous, actions I have ever seen any company take.  In my entire lifetime I have never seen a company (any type of company) so blatantly disregard their customers feelings and cause such hatred as Aion/NCSoft has done with this action.   This was really a special kind of stupidity and just absolutely wrong on so many levels. 

There are few people playing compared to a year or two ago and they ban accounts that many people use to farm important things in this patch like holy water, I think it is not the way, there is little population in aion and with this they only make many more people know get out of the game I hope they reverse the decision and if they want to do something to improve the community they just work on more fun events and not ban people who didn't do bad things. Thanks.

hello my dear Aion administrators @EMpulse @Roseae , in the most attentive way I ask you to unban the all accounts that have been banned,, is not good for the community , since contrabass is more players join the game, it's been more than 2 years since I don't see someone new joining, we're just veterans who love the game, even if they abandoned us for the classic we're still here, please not only unban those who pay, also the free to play deserve to be unbanned!!! I don't think the reason for the ban was something serious, since I haven't seen any imbalance in the game. I ask you for the sake of our beloved Aion unban the main accounts. With all my respect I send you a cordial greeting

Edited by Khalee
correction

How disgusting of 12 accounts that I had, only 2 survived the ban. Aion has already exceeded the expectations of pw2. Now, if you try too hard, it's grounds for a ban. They want the only way to equip your character is by spending thousands of dollars so that despite the loss of players you continue to earn the same.

Sorry but I prefer to invest my money in a game that is worth it. MMORPGs have always been about farming and if you take that away it's not an MMO anymore.

Even a private Aion has better infrastructure than this shit.

First they fill us with paytowin events
then they take away the daily moon
now they ban our accounts to farm

They want to transform Aion into a dictatorship. They have less than 100 active players per faction, now they will have less than 80 and if they do not return the accounts, they will have to take the brooker's sugos to the sieges

@Loki Ask yourself this is it worth having your hard-core veteran players walk away because you have banned their friends?   You openly do not ban hackers who are even reported they are allowed to play freely why? Because they spend money?  The fact that I know our community will suffer from this decision I encourage you to do the right thing, allow the game to keep regrowing and unban all the accounts you have banned this week.   I fear that if you don't unban these players, we will be in a ghost town.   If it's not breaking the game, then don't concern yourself with it.   Reading these comment's, it's clear that the player base doesn't see a need for these bans and realize if we don't rectify the situation, the game we all love will come to an end.  I beg you do the right thing and just unban everyone and let's get back to rebuilding the Aion community, not destroying it.  But honestly the choice is yours to make Rebuild?  or Destroy?  We are waiting. 

I wanted to concisely state what seems to have taken place for @Loki and @EMpulse  , and for players who may be unaware why they were banned or players who weren't affected by these recent ban waves but would like to know why the server population seemingly halved overnight.

1. A few days ago, a large quantity of players had some or all of their accounts permanently banned without explanation. 

2. Many players who were permanently banned have never cheated or violated the TOS in any way, shape, or form.

3. While a few players who were banned have only one game account, the players who were targeted the most seem to be those who had more than five game accounts.

4. The majority of the bans seem to be targeted at players who used their (legitimate and hand-farmed, without TOS violations of any kind) alt accounts on the recent stormwing event. Many of my friends expressed to me that they are heartbroken that all the hours they spent grinding the event legitimately and fairly has been taken from them. Many told me they will quit Aion, as they did nothing wrong and yet received bans on accounts that they created themselves and have exclusively owned and used legally for many years. Many players stayed up late into the night, missing sleep or skipping work to grind out the stormwing event so they could benefit, painstakingly logging into each account to complete the array of dailies in order to benefit from the event. Free-2-Play players do not have the fortune of being able to benefit by simply dumping a ton of money into the BCM. But it would seem as though both Free-2-Play players AND regular BCM buyers were affected by these ban waves. 

5. However, there are many players who farmed the stormwing event on their 10+ alternate accounts, and yet received no bans and were unaffected by the ban waves that took place a few days ago. This would seem to indicate that the ban waves were done through a (poorly) automated process, and were not checked thoroughly by an actual person for confirmation of actual TOS violation or cheating. 

6. Some players were able to get their accounts unbanned after sending tickets to support, but others were told by support that their bans were permanent and would not be lifted, (even though they didn't violate the TOS or break any rules), and they received no explanation or justification from support in their tickets. Some were told that their bans would not be lifted because they had used 3rd party programs, even though they did NOT use any 3rd party programs. 

7. Some players were able to get just one or two of their accounts unbanned after sending tickets to support, but their other accounts received responses stating the bans were final, with no explanation or reasoning. 

8. To rub salt in the wounds of the legitimate players, there are *blatant* users of mass bot accounts (random names like "ekdkdkaasd" (example, not an actual name) that participated in the stormwing event via obviously automated, cheating methods (20+ accounts with random names moving awkwardly and automatedly in unison together across the Inggison map to complete the stormwing dailies) that are STILL logging into the game to perform illegally automated activities like abusing the Lower Crucible Spire for kinah (presumably that they will later illegally sell) who avoided these ban waves altogether.

The best choice for the aion community, the health of the game and the happiness and success of both the devs and the playerbase would be to lift all of these recent bans that took place a few days ago, because it is clear that really the only  people who got hurt were legitimate players, some of which have been here over a decade like myself. 

I love this game so much, but as many people have stated, it wouldn't make sense for us to continue supporting a game that treats their customers and their playerbase in  this way. 

Mistakes happen, and we're all human, but it's important that they be corrected. 

The community is awaiting your response. 

Edited by Bless-KT
accidentally had several extra spaces at the end

Well...
No Luna fix, no AP quests, nothing new for a year, no events, then when a good event comes and people try hard to farm when the event reward worth something... BAN!
I'm a try hard F2P player.  When i can, i buy NCOINS to get a prestige pass. Our discord before 8.0 are full of people playing Aion with us, now we can count in one hand the number that actualy plays.
The actual administration of the game is terrible. U don't listen the players, U don't have a GM in game playing with us to see what is happen here, people are banned without a motive and evidence. We see in game lots of people hacking and nothing happens. Maybe U need to do a good work to maintain the small player base that still plays this game or shut it down. My love for this game is being ruined for you.

I put money in the game every month with my main account, they made me mad because they took out the daily moon, but they banned my accounts where I grow kinah. That is crossing my limits. As I see that they are not interested in returning all the accounts, I say goodbye to Aion.

po-teletubbie.gif

I am extremely serious and upset over the situation. I have been a long time player since the beginning of this game in fact, since closed beta in 2009. Banning the accounts that have nothing to do with the real people that do crazy things in this game is unacceptable. Banning main accounts that invest money time and effort over the years it’s not correct to send an email and say OK we are bringing you just because we think you did something incorrectly. This is the reason that is causing mini good players to leave this game to not invest money not invest any more money in buying coins and buying things from NC soft. In all my years playing this game I have invested over $20,000 in this game real American US dollars and they have the audacity to say that just because we think you are doing some thing incorrect we are going to ban you?? This is BS and many people that play this game correctly were banned in unacceptable. Who they really need to ban are the people that truly hack and do a lot of BS in the game not the players that pay for your paychecks and your commissions or whatever payment you receive has a company. My account did not get banned, but I am speaking for those who cannot speak, and I am standing up for those who can’t. This is why myself I do not invest in this game anymore. This is why I don’t put a penny anymore because it seems like whenever they feel like banning actual players in actual people that play this game and try to enjoy it get banned for stupidity. This is unacceptable and they need to give the account back to the main people main players that invest the time the money, the effort to play this game if not people to unite instead up for yourselves because the company that does that to the very few players that still love this game and want to be here and get banned is not correct. 

Im hoping this was a mistake because if not I think most of us are ready to call it quits. All the hard work and late nights that people spent farming gets taken away for no reason but real hackers are still hacking. NCWest needs to rewind and compensate us. I see no other way to recover from this. UN-BAN the people!

I think the problem here is that that wasn't a selective ban. It was probably done by a script or something and it took some parameters that probably caught legit players and mains too. Because a script for automatic ban could have a ton of things getting wrong.

Like a friend of mine had 2x alt accounts logged to get the candies afk for like 3 minutes and relog, and then she would use the candies from those alts to kill the pumpkin for her main dual boxing. Her main account is intact, her 2x alt accounts closed. And these accounts wouldn't be logged unless there was an event or something.