Banned for trying too hard?

Vladimere

44 minutes ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Server will likely be shutting down by the end of this Empyrean Lord's Holy Water season.

This instance could be a way to force people out.

Overall the only fair and good solution I can see here is o unban all the asmo affected accounts and ban more ely. This way you will achieve some kind of balance !!!

Jokes aside if you dont want players to do certain things you probably want to warn them before you take an action against their accounts.

21 hours ago, Vladimere said:

Almost all the accounts I did for Stormwing event have been banned. I manually logged into all these accounts. I do not hack. I do not bot. I do not rmt. Either I have been banned because I tried too hard, or NC Soft figured out that they gave us too many ptw items and banned the accounts as a knee jerk reaction so we would have to pay for the items. This has affected a huge part of the population. Aion does not have a large player base at this time. Banning legit players is not the answer. Either way this ban needs to be reversed.

That always happens, these people hardly care about their public. we do hard and honest work and this is the result they give us

Please,  consider to unban those accounts,  what happened was total unfair for those that spent many hour working on their farm and they are part of aion community. we want them back to play around pvping and enojoying the game. I have had talked with some friends about this topic and they are afraid that this same thing might happen to them in the future and they dont feel to play like they used to do. 

I legit only login to auto-hunt in Kaldor Timeless Terrace for kinah and Exp Marks (I desperately need refining stones, lol).

Can I please know if that's bannable offense too? At least save me the electricity costs of keeping my computer on to auto-hunt if there's gonna be banwaves for completely illogical reasons. 

its aion if u have alt = u poor  u get ban who cae

no alt  u rich  they will kiss ur ----

so they don't  care about you if you get ban for any reason same thing happen before  and we lost players some of them quit  even after they get the  account back  now  some player leaving the  game 

NA have  worst  support i hope they   change  them 

We tried to make a new account to see what will happen, it got banned in less than 1 day.

That means one thing: Blind automatic bans.

That account was fresh, absolutely nothing sketchy, one char made level 1 and not played at all. The person who made it sent a mail but still waits, I assume there are tons of messages right now and support won't be able to see most of them.

Edited by Arhangelos

Hm I wonder if legit players who log in manually to do alts were innocent collateral damage of their intention to ban people using scripts and automated 3rd party tools that I won't mention to essentially "bot" the event?

NC should be able to tell the difference. I hope they can revisit this. There are people, unfortunately, who hack/abuse events which then gets innocent people or people working hard caught in the net.

Stop crying. You guys must have done something illegal and now acting all innocent. None of my friends outside legion or legionmates got banned as far as I know so far.

I have several accounts for the event too, manually grinded, no problem, none of them got flagged . For those who are banned, if you're innocent, GMs will probably get to it. For those crywolf cheaters, you deserve it. 

Good job Ncsoft for finally taking a stand against cheaters.

Inform the owners of those banned accounts of the reason(s) for being banned. Don't keep them blinded of your "banning" wave reasons - I assume that the ban wave was system generated. Moving forward, give them opportunity to explain and reason out if the "reasons" are true or not - assuming that the bad wave was system generated, at least it will be fixed by manually checking it.

Those who will be able to explain and prove that they're clean, unban them. Maybe it would take too long, but at least legit players will be unbanned.

5 hours ago, FefeHulk-DN said:

Stop crying. You guys must have done something illegal and now acting all innocent. None of my friends outside legion or legionmates got banned as far as I know so far.

I have several accounts for the event too, manually grinded, no problem, none of them got flagged . For those who are banned, if you're innocent, GMs will probably get to it. For those crywolf cheaters, you deserve it. 

Good job Ncsoft for finally taking a stand against cheaters.

This thread is one of the most popular ones on the 8.0+ server in a very long time, it is filled with people talking about how they were banned and did nothing wrong, and still you assume that the bans were justified and that the people who were banned must have broken rules? When this type of issue has happened many times in the past, and all the bans were subsequently lifted because they were done in complete and total ERROR? If you are not going to contribute intelligently or thoughtfully to the conversation, please just move along because you are doing nothing except hurting people who are already down on their luck. Thank you. 

As a GENERIC MESSAGE that states, your account is suspended or banned due to suspicious activity - I searched the banned message online and it is all over the internet. No other reason has been given. Here is what I would ask: Explain suspicious activity, LOGS, SCREENSHOT, DATE, IP, PACKET CAPTUE... I need all of these files to prove the suspicious activate  what has been done wrong or show me something that the banned account has done wrong.

This seems really messy. I started playing around ~2009  (with subscription) and people still had multiple alt accounts. I don't recall anyone being banned due to this reason. Whether this is a system generated mass wave ban or not; we will not know.

What we do know is that it is unfair to see people's alt accounts be banned IF they have been used in  accordance with the ToS. I'm sure we all know where i'm going with this *cough* Vanilla. Now if they were used via the latter, then the ban is deemed appropriate.

The best option is to simply dispute with NCsupport and have them investigate the issue that may be unique to each account. Have them verify IP address, and what not.

Now can we please stop with the constant spamming in-game for this issue...

Edited by Gummibear

2 hours ago, Gummibear said:

This seems really messy. I started playing around ~2009  (with subscription) and people still had multiple alt accounts. I don't recall anyone being banned due to this reason. Whether this is a system generated mass wave ban or not; we will not know.

What we do know is that it is unfair to see people's alt accounts be banned IF they have been used in  accordance with the ToS. I'm sure we all know where i'm going with this *cough* Vanilla. Now if they were used via the latter, then the ban is deemed appropriate.

The best option is to simply dispute with NCsupport and have them investigate the issue that may be unique to each account. Have them verify IP address, and what not.

Now can we please stop with the constant spamming in-game for this issue...

Yeah so uh... It's really important to remain respectful to the community ♥

So basically, since 2009 there are several nonsensical ban waves that I actually remember the dates of and even some of the players who were banned. Not sure why you felt the need to post this but here's a realllllly big one for your records that you definitely were there when they happened and definitely somehow didn't hear about them even though the server population dipped by like 200 and nobody was talking about anything else EXCEPT these bans which again you were definitely there for since you have been here since 2009 for sure *thumbs up*

Kahrun 3.7-ish ban regarding BP proxy users that was later lifted, many core players were permanently terminated during this, told they would not be unbanned, and then later they were...in fact... unbanned. Oh and whether or not they cheated (they didn't) had nothing to do with the bans. It's the same case here. 

I don't know why you're intentionally being dishonest when you know that vanilla users were not the target of this banwave since all the known users are still playing just fine. 

Also, I apologize and am sorry that people posting every few hours in the LFG to attempt to get their years of work given back to them upset you, but many people like myself really love this game and really want to see the server flourish and not die due to a bunch of preventable and reversible mistakes. 

I also do not like pointless spam in the LFG, it really makes it hard for me to get my beauty sleep 

Thankfully, this periodic posting to help the community wasn't really spam and was done for the benefit of all the players, nonetheless, I'm terribly sorry that the misfortune of others was a grave inconvenience for you.  ♥

Crazy to me how you punish people for playing your game. What goes on up there?

Its so pay to win to the point where free to play people can catch up by making up to 50 alt accounts to even keep up. 50! What other game forces you, as a free to play player, to create 50 accounts just so you can keep up? Now you're banning people for playing your game how you're forcing 75% of your population to play. What outcome were you hoping for? Server closure? If so, then this is one of the fastest ways to get there.

^This. To piggyback on Beast's post; It really does put F2P players at a huge disadvantage. What also has to be taken into consideration is that this game is played across different countries. The BCM currency has a USD platform; however, the USD to X conversion impacts players in say, Brazil, way more than it impacts those playing in the US.

Having multiple accounts to participate in in-game events to catch up to PW2 players is what a vast majority of the population has to do. If they are being punished for doing this then well... there is no true way for F2P players to truly enjoy the game. Which is extremely unfortunate because it really does have potential !

In reality NCWEST don't get bills paid if the player base is unhappy and its quite clear that the player base is not happy with the situation.    So do the right thing and just unban all accounts and stop being stupid, or you will not have a player base left.   As we have said before its clear support is unbanning paying players while leaving free to play players banned which should be illegal, Ironic that they are sending the generic response and unbanning paying players with the excuse of "Reviewing your login attempt, it appears that it was flagged for security reasons that prevented you from logging in. This could have been a result of high risk characteristics of your attempt or due to past associations with compromised accounts or devices. At this time, we’ve taken steps that should allow you to log in. Also, please understand that it is a violation of the User Agreement to transfer or share game accounts (except for a legal guardian allowing their minor child to play). The fact is that there are several reasons why account sharing is a bad idea. Any account in which a password is shared is an account in jeopardy of account security breaches."  

But people who are free to play are getting a completely different ban saying the decision is final and they will not be permitted to play.  

I encourage you to undo what you've done and save face as NCWEST already has a horrible reputation for not caring about its player base, can only chuck away so much before you don't have any players left to play your game.  

It's amazing how many people are crying and lying about them doing nothing 'illegal'. 

I have so many legionmates who had multiple accounts during the Stormwing event and they grind them manually everyday for the One and a half month. None of us got into trouble. It's because its legit. I'm surprised so many people got 'banned' and yet they are innocent? LOL. 

Do not unban these cheating filths. For those who are innocent, give the GMs some time to sort it out. Those who uses cheat/vanilla to maneuver around, cheating to get blessed paragons, keep their alt accounts BANNED permanently. So the cheating botters/players  can't be selling "blessed paragon" enchantment service or gears. 

These people who are crying are just the minority of the players with tons of cheating accounts banned. Majority of the players are still in game doing whatever they've been doing daily.

Stop trying to use the pressuring tactic to get your way.

Ncsoft should stand their ground and ban cheating people. Good job.

imagine not hitting your quota on the new EXTREME pay to win event, An event that I already spent $370 on like an idiot and didn't get one single proc that's needed out of the 3 procs to attempt to proc the best result. 

I can live with the loss of some money from a crappy event, but to unrightfully ban half your player base and expect me to invest in garbage is pathetic. let's face it, aion is garbage without it's player base.

if this whole situation isn't reversed. you lost another Whale. i'd gladly go back to old school Runescapes. i'd have more fun and save alottttt more money. 

don't forget, tax season is a around the corner. you definitely do not want to ruin your game before your biggest season for income.