Black Friday Fail

Lucimon-DN

NCSoft sorry to say but you have a bunch of morons managing the company....

Go to any other game and view their black Friday ~ 50% off prices on almost everything 

Visit NCSofts black Friday -  Hello everyone we invite you to get nyerked and gain chump items at the same prices because we want to make money on a no cost to replicate item because we believe we legitimately bad ass enough to keep our prices the same.  Enjoy our "fake" black Friday sale and good luck not getting screwed in game again!

what I mean by 50% off is they still charge the same prices for their ncoin ~ pseudo deals ~ in the end theyre all fake by this company ~ the whole point of black Friday is about discounted prices << which ncsoft seems to be the only company that doesn't really get that every year

you can't cancel your account xD only way is to get perma banned lol 

3 hours ago, Niv-KT said:

The black friday sale are all crap! That minion contract is still RNG when u open it and the price is way high. @Cyan i was hoping there’s omega and tempering solution included in the black friday sale but nada...

There is this.. clicky.

10 omegas and 10 temperings as well as 120 tokens for the current event. Super pricey, but they are there.

I don't see -discounts- as much as I see new items that we haven't seen sold before. I know that the hair styles, cabinets and minion/minium has been something that the player base has been asking for for quite sometime.

Though.. for some reason it seems like the whole first page of the sale is missing. It had all the hair styles and the cabinets on it. QQ. Fix pls.

16 hours ago, Lucimon-DN said:

what I mean by 50% off is they still charge the same prices for their ncoin ~ pseudo deals ~ in the end theyre all fake by this company ~ the whole point of black Friday is about discounted prices << which ncsoft seems to be the only company that doesn't really get that every year

you can't cancel your account xD only way is to get perma banned lol 

Went to black desert online website their Ncoin equivalent is still max price. Seems to me that it is common practice not to lower the price of online currency and just lower the price of items on the cash shop.

I bought the cabinets. I am considering some of the hair styles and eyeballing the minions. And I am so not alone. Offering things you couldn't get before at any price may not be what you consider a sale, but apparently it is working.

Tbh, that's what we all want, right? So that Aion makes enough revenue so that we don't become the next MxM.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

I bought the cabinets. I am considering some of the hair styles and eyeballing the minions. And I am so not alone. Offering things you couldn't get before at any price may not be what you consider a sale, but apparently it is working.

Tbh, that's what we all want, right? So that Aion makes enough revenue so that we don't become the next MxM.

This.  They should have just called it the "Black Friday Special Rotation" or something to that effect.

If they didn't call it a "Black Friday Sale" and instead called it the "Black Friday Special Rotation" It would have went down better PR wise.  To be honest I don't understand what the hubbub is about.  If you're not happy with the deals then just don't spend your money.  Put it in an "Aion" fund and then spend more next time on deals that are actually appealing to you.  People expected some deals, some got deals they wanted others did not.  Other than the fact that they shouldn't have dubbed this a "sale" (because in that regard it is pretty awful) it's the same old same old: consumers that got to spend their money on something they thought was attractive to them and gained utility are happy; those that did not are voicing themselves and complaining.  Bottom line is bottom line, nothing speaks louder than dollars and cents.  If this padded their bottom line and hit expectations with the numbers it's a success to them and will probably continue.  Upset individuals will leave or minimize future expenditures, that's loss revenue.  Individuals that were happy will continue spending or spend more.  A majority of profits are gained from the minority anyway.

This probably snowballed from the "Cyber Monday" items (cabinet and hair) being available on Black Friday.  No one likes seeing something they want show up and then disappear for no reason.  That already created some dissatisfaction and unrest.  If the execution was better, from naming convention and less mishaps, this would've just blown over instantly.  People's expectation on anything "Black Friday" related is always lofty as well, it's just another excuse to shop in between season tacked onto Thanksgiving.  If the holiday deals (Christmas/Boxingday/New Years) were this poor then I would see a problem.

Save what you were going to budget into this sale into a larger one for the next one.  If it's still not satisfactory save that that one and build onto the next one.  Continue until one does satisfy your needs/wants then dump it in.  If many people did this then they'll see a bump and move toward that direction.  If 1,000 players did this, saving let's say 20$ from this sale and budget into the next one (40$), or the one after (60$), that would be a sales bump of 4-60,000.  However, if people just spend it on something else and not budget it into a fund then your buying power (and in turn your chances of having your opinions realized) is severely weakened.  I mean, I'm assuming this is why people are getting riled up right?  Because they care about their Aion experience and actively want to do something about it.  Otherwise it's just people disgruntled and spouting contempt, looking for people with similar opinions to make themselves feel better.

I was told the Halloween/Pumpkin event was fantastic including the sales involved.  It was just a month ago.  Unless I am informed otherwise that NCWest has always executed their "sales" in this manner, in both value and execution, then I don't understand.  Just look forward to the next sale if this one wasn't to expectations.

TL;DR:  Lunch taking much too long to prepare and in-laws are much worse than the internet.

Archived