World Boss Ardeth

HeartStrings-DN

On 1/9/2023 at 6:09 AM, Voltric-DN said:

Hard to motivate people when every time we form for something the "big blue bobbers" show up last minute and knock us around for sh!ts and giggles.  I'm one of the few players who actually attend boss fights, but I know the moment someone says "WB" in LFG the battle is already over. Yes, the Asmo faction needs motivation, but sadly this game is hardly worth the effort anymore.

Shortly after my last comment and before this one, the Asmodians successfully won an agent battle; not only giving the Asmo economy more holy water and wraps, but also the tradeable Apostle contract for a crit damage collection transform who cannot be obtained in game besides an event.

That's a big deal, and should turn more agent spawns into agent wars. If asmos still don't wanna show up after winning then that's not an "Elyos too strong" problem that's an "Asmos too defeatist."

Either way, congratulations to the Asmos~!

10 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Shortly after my last comment and before this one, the Asmodians successfully won an agent battle; not only giving the Asmo economy more holy water and wraps, but also the tradeable Apostle contract for a crit damage collection transform who cannot be obtained in game besides an event.

That's a big deal, and should turn more agent spawns into agent wars. If asmos still don't wanna show up after winning then that's not an "Elyos too strong" problem that's an "Asmos too defeatist."

Either way, congratulations to the Asmos~!

I have been in Agent leagues myself in the past and we killed it. But there were no enemies to begin with, it was a dead hour for USA so this is why it worked.

If this is the case then they are lucky nobody showed up.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I have been in Agent leagues myself in the past and we killed it. But there were no enemies to begin with, it was a dead hour for USA so this is why it worked.

If this is the case then they are lucky nobody showed up.

Not only did Elyos show up, they knew ahead of time and met the Asmos with resistance. Names censored for privacy but it wasn't random Elyos nobodies and alts who fought and lost.

Before the fight:
1kZGg6J.png

After the fight:

eLYEnLD.png

Sure it wasn't 100% of Elyos but that also was specifically my earlier point; that Asmos are missing out on opportunities for victory on the assumption that there simply is none because there will always be stronger Elyos no matter what. 2:24pm in my timezone is equal to just after siege time in Server Time -- which is a time of day that most NA players are logged in for.

Keep shooting your shot ~ "win some, lose some" is better than "lose literally all of them" 😘 Asmos already won mass PVP at Agent battles in every other agent patch before and now this one too

Edited by AriaTheMelodious-DN

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rahvan-KT said:

@AriaTheMelodious-DN Ah yes, "show up and try" and get steamrolled by people who can solo facetank 30 asmos & 50 Gelk fortress guards ..... at the same time. 

TOP KEK.

I knew deep down inside that as soon as Beast's group went into the mostly inactive hub zone where nobody with gear hangs out, someone would revive this dead thread to use it as validation as to why "participate in content if you want rewards" is a bad take. The culture of taking literally any excuse to give up without trying is something my DNE days scarred me with.

Asmos be like "they tanked weak guards and killed fissure/splinter alts, we don't stand a chance"
Asmos be like "Kromede and BCM are top 1 and 2, we will protest by gearing the Elyos for free"
Mark my words, asmos are gonna be like "we're not participating until they un-ban Shotbot" too (if they haven't already). 

But since we're out here kek-ing, let's go over the recent stream/incident which I assume inspired your contribution @Rahvan-KT.

6 hours ago, Rahvan-KT said:

facetank 30 asmos & 50 Gelk fortress guards ..... at the same time. 

1. The guards are weak. Very weak. Their only danger is the stun, and even then the Elyos attacking Gelk Fort were resetting the guards periodically by stacking in a certain spot which gave them cover from Asmodians and NPCs alike.

2. Despite this, they literally died anyway. The idea that these people just flattened your fort and left unscathed is just more anti-effort myth-building. They wiped over and over. Maybe a couple survived by retreating, but there was a lot of dying done on their part. They just kept coming back for fun.

3. The fact that there is no reason for a geared player to be in Gelk Fort means there'll be a sample bias when it comes to which asmos are there when they attack; it gives the illusion of imbalance. Just run into Ingg fort yourself, you'll feel like a god stomping out all those alts and randoms.

It's literally so easy to bulldoze past guards in these cities because there are seldom geared attentive players just waiting around to defend, and most guards can be kited. Give yourself 1 support player and you can run circles around both zones. I was literally doing this in significantly less gear than exists now back nearly two years ago:

a2xW8mZg.jpg

All of this is to say nothing of the fact that after this thread blew up, the Asmos saw an uptick in activity which immediately resulted in the first Agent wins of the season for Asmos, and some boss wins with some close calls too. 

It's just an absurd epic own to say "your point is dumb because people can tank weak guards which were designed to be moderately discouraging to people wearing gear from four gear metas/three years ago." 

4 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I knew deep down inside that as soon as Beast's group went into the mostly inactive hub zone where nobody with gear hangs out, someone would revive this dead thread to use it as validation as to why "participate in content if you want rewards" is a bad take. The culture of taking literally any excuse to give up without trying is something my DNE days scarred me with.

Asmos be like "they tanked weak guards and killed fissure/splinter alts, we don't stand a chance"
Asmos be like "Kromede and BCM are top 1 and 2, we will protest by gearing the Elyos for free"
Mark my words, asmos are gonna be like "we're not participating until they un-ban Shotbot" too (if they haven't already). 

But since we're out here kek-ing, let's go over the recent stream/incident which I assume inspired your contribution @Rahvan-KT.

1. The guards are weak. Very weak. Their only danger is the stun, and even then the Elyos attacking Gelk Fort were resetting the guards periodically by stacking in a certain spot which gave them cover from Asmodians and NPCs alike.

2. Despite this, they literally died anyway. The idea that these people just flattened your fort and left unscathed is just more anti-effort myth-building. They wiped over and over. Maybe a couple survived by retreating, but there was a lot of dying done on their part. They just kept coming back for fun.

3. The fact that there is no reason for a geared player to be in Gelk Fort means there'll be a sample bias when it comes to which asmos are there when they attack; it gives the illusion of imbalance. Just run into Ingg fort yourself, you'll feel like a god stomping out all those alts and randoms.

It's literally so easy to bulldoze past guards in these cities because there are seldom geared attentive players just waiting around to defend, and most guards can be kited. Give yourself 1 support player and you can run circles around both zones. I was literally doing this in significantly less gear than exists now back nearly two years ago:

a2xW8mZg.jpg

All of this is to say nothing of the fact that after this thread blew up, the Asmos saw an uptick in activity which immediately resulted in the first Agent wins of the season for Asmos, and some boss wins with some close calls too. 

It's just an absurd epic own to say "your point is dumb because people can tank weak guards which were designed to be moderately discouraging to people wearing gear from four gear metas/three years ago." 

Again with the strawman arguments, by your own definition, if the 50 guards are weak, this makes the 30 or more asmos weak as well for being incapable of killing not even a full group of elyos that aren't even transformed or is it again due to "not trying hard enough", how do you try hard enough to kill someone, when you die literally instantly?

So you give an example of 1 occasion where we actually killed an agent/ardath/whatever(1 out of 1000s at this point) and project it as some sort of proof against the claim that we can't actually compete, while if fact it was just 1 example of elyos no caring enough to do something after months of getting it daily and it happening at a time where no one really cared to do it. You are either willfully unaware of the actual power/number imbalance or you are intentionally gaslighting or straight up trolling at this point.

8 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

a2xW8mZg.jpg

Should actually log into an Asmo account and count the amount of guards we have in Gelk vs what's in Ing. Our fort layout makes it way easier to reset these guards and train in untransformed. It doesn't work the same when you go train into the Ing fort. It's not just Gelk, check the outpost in Demaha. Asmo outpost has just under 20 guards I believe while the outpost for Ely has well over 20. A transformed Ely can come into Asmo outpost and roflstomp someone holding Agaru there and then train it to Ely outpost. An xformed Asmo will get burnt super quick in the Ely outpost just by guards alone. Seen it done with multiple xforms running in. While a single ely xform was able to train in and be alright in our outpost. 

9 hours ago, Rahvan-KT said:

TL;DR

lol

Yes you did.

7 hours ago, Yetah said:

Again with the strawman arguments, by your own definition, if the 50 guards are weak, this makes the 30 or more asmos weak as well for being incapable of killing not even a full group of elyos that aren't even transformed.

The Asmos literally killed the Elyos in the Gelk fort, over and over and over again. They just kept reviving and coming back for fun. Stop building the Elyos mythology with these fantasies that Elyos are tanking Gelk for unscathed w/o transformation.

7 hours ago, Yetah said:

So you give an example of 1 occasion where we actually killed an agent/ardath/whatever(1 out of 1000s at this point) and project it as some sort of proof against the claim that we can't actually compete,

Read page 1 of the thread, my only point is that Asmos overhyped the existing disparity and that trying nets more wins than not trying at all; a point you conceded right here: 

7 hours ago, Yetah said:

it was just 1 example of elyos no caring enough to do something after months of getting it daily and it happening at a time where no one really cared to do it. 

You just said Asmos have and can win when the Elyos don't care or don't show up due to timezone. This is literally what I said on page 1. I'll say it louder so people on page 2 of the thread can hear it:

If you literally never try, you will literally never win. If you always try, you will sometimes win.

Got it? No claims of balance, no "you're 1 try away from absolute success", just the objectively true statement that the only way to guarantee 0 wins is to never try; especially when there are opportune times to try in which the Elyos are occupied or disinterested.

4 hours ago, GenericUser44244 said:

count the amount of guards we have in Gelk vs what's in Ing [...]

Doesn't surprise me if true, NC doesn't have a long history of balancing faction zones. The idea that it's easier for Elyos to raid the Gelk fort does support the notion that people are really overhyping what a display of power it is to go into the gelk fort > reset guards > kill some asmos > get killed n repeat