Skin Rotations

Ursa-KT

What the hell went wrong with those? Like at first it was all nice and dandy, 2 new skins every 2 weeks, but then crap like putting Shiver Me Timbers into event soon after putting it in rotation (and then putting it in rotation again few weeks ago...), repeating skins no one was really interested in (like Gourmet Coat, because quite honestly I haven't seen a single person in this skin), taking old skins off BCM like Uptown Apparel and Couture clothing which were there for years, just to put them into Skin Rotation as if nothing happened. Now whatever Skin Rotation situation we have now - skins which dropped a lot from event which was there just a moment ago, Kumiho set was supposed to be part of Black Friday deals not Skin Rotation anyway, also Dapper Jack and Abyss Knight are quite Halloween skins so it's just odd that they're in rotation which lasts from end of November til first week of December.

I honestly wouldn't be that bothered by this, if there wasn't still plenty of skins we have yet to see on NA (Sailor Uniform, Cute Maid outfit or Fitted Activewear just to name a few).

Most of people are well aware that NCSoft isn't a charity and quite obviously needs the players to spend money on this game, so why not start adding stuff that people will actually buy from these Skin Rotations?

@Cyan please i just want new skins

Peacock's Proposal, which is 4.8 skin, alongside with Frozen Aristocracy which was in rotation before and in event before 5.0 (or maybe not before, but it sure was in event), and is a 4.8 skin as well. Kinda underwhelming taken we are closer to 5.8 than 4.8. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I know I'm just nitpicking now, but I'm just utterly disappointed with how these rotations went lol

Some skins they can't put because of licensing problems such as hello kitty and Sailor moon, but yeah.

It's so easy for NC to make money even by rotating old skins... Porgus costume, some forest animal (cant recall name), Veille other than leather set... Seafeast/ wave song weapons... doensn't have to be some new content. I don't understand why instead of listening to community skin wishes they keep rotating tasteless skins.

I'd add to your complaint that they could give out a quick survey every two weeks and put one top voted out of lets say, 5-10 given.

Which is why I didn't mention the Miss Meow and Beloved seires, because I'm aware they won't be released due to license problems. I know some of skins they're reserving for event rewards and stuff like that, but it'd be nice if they added stuff which really wasn't around for some time or new skins, instead of doing shady stuff like taking the Couture and Uptown off the BCM just to pop them into rotations.

Do you mean that "30 day" version? Yeah, that totally counts. People have been asking for permanent version even before they removed all the temporary ones. (And yes, I've seen posts from people who got the Skafir Wings in game, skinned it on wings with stats, later got better wings with stats, but couldn't skin it again.)

16 hours ago, Mayinne-DN said:

Do you mean that "30 day" version? Yeah, that totally counts. People have been asking for permanent version even before they removed all the temporary ones. (And yes, I've seen posts from people who got the Skafir Wings in game, skinned it on wings with stats, later got better wings with stats, but couldn't skin it again.)

Thats exactly what happened with me:

c3e1684495ca8e68eaacb9d161db8b85.png

But I won't give up, Skafir's its still my favourite wing skin and I want it back.
If they have instructions to not put it on BCM they could AT LEAST tell us not to have any hopes anymore.
Not only this skin, but the others I mentioned.

What I don't get is that they keep recycling old skins but not the ones we actually want. For example, they used the ugly Dramata skin at Kroban's wings.

4 hours ago, Letizi-DN said:

But I won't give up, Skafir's its still my favourite wing skin and I want it back.
If they have instructions to not put it on BCM they could AT LEAST tell us not to have any hopes anymore.
Not only this skin, but the others I mentioned.

What I don't get is that they keep recycling old skins but not the ones we actually want. For example, they used the ugly Dramata skin at Kroban's wings.

Well, their answer* was "You have have Luna and Aetherforging, so we haven't consider it."

stekbzp.png

source: http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=150764 (open in anonymous window or a different browser)

* after months of me copy-pasting the same questions into every weekly maintenance thread and Faer's angry post, to answer me already - which mysteriously disappeared

9 hours ago, Mayinne-DN said:

stekbzp.png

LOL.
That answer would make sense if there was a way to craft Skafir/Ancanus' skins with Aetherforging or Luna. FFS.
And Luna literally never had ALL items from BCM. It has a huge amount of BCM skins, yes, but not all of them. They really don't know what they talk about.

Archived