64 Bit Client

Cayex

Old school returning player - original server was Fregion back at launch. Just came back to Aion after some years away when I heard about classic. Last time I played was about 2018. I remember they gave us a 64 bit client. Did some searching on the forums here but I haven't come acrossed anything that helps. Is 64 bit possible for classic?

While I'm not sure if there's any option for it, mine appears to be 64bit so yes~ I didn't do anything crazy when setting it up or installing/launching. I think it may be 64bit by default? 

Pic~

Had a total brainfart and can't remember how to put images into posts on this stupid forum so... >~<

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

While I'm not sure if there's any option for it, mine appears to be 64bit so yes~ I didn't do anything crazy when setting it up or installing/launching. I think it may be 64bit by default? 

Pic~

Had a total brainfart and can't remember how to put images into posts on this stupid forum so... >~<

I have a bin64 folder but in game I only have a 32 bit option. I am able to go into the advanced graphics settings and max everything out but that's it. I need those sexy HD textures.

A friend of mine said to go into your bin32 folder and change the name of Aion.bin to something else temporarily (like 1Aion.bin or something), but this will nyerk up your client and you might have to reinstall it. If you're lucky, then it might automatically use the 64bit client. The second option is opening the system config file and seeing if you can change the location where the file opens for the game to the 64 bin. Unfortunately I don't know if either of these options will work but that's what I've had suggested for you.~  My friend thinks your client might be launching in 32bit because something on your pc is telling the client you can't run 64bit. So that would be why you're having to do some workarounds.

Also, in game if you're referring to the color option, even mine says 32bit. And it seems it's unable to be changed as it's greyed out and I'm unable to click the drop down box to change it. 

Edited by Cookie

7 hours ago, Cookie said:

A friend of mine said to go into your bin32 folder and change the name of Aion.bin to something else temporarily (like 1Aion.bin or something), but this will nyerk up your client and you might have to reinstall it. If you're lucky, then it might automatically use the 64bit client. The second option is opening the system config file and seeing if you can change the location where the file opens for the game to the 64 bin. Unfortunately I don't know if either of these options will work but that's what I've had suggested for you.~  My friend thinks your client might be launching in 32bit because something on your pc is telling the client you can't run 64bit. So that would be why you're having to do some workarounds.

Also, in game if you're referring to the color option, even mine says 32bit. And it seems it's unable to be changed as it's greyed out and I'm unable to click the drop down box to change it. 

Not the color. I'm trying to get the HD textures. I remember back in the day they gave the game a whole new HD overhaul. Just seems like even on max settings its not good enough. I suppose it could also be after playing things like MW2 in 2k on max settings this game shows it age and the graphics aren't as good as I remember them in my mind to be.

Have you checked if your game says 64bit or not in the top left corner when windowed? If it does and you have it on the High Quality Graphics engine, with all the setting maxed, then yea, that's all there is for Aion Classic currently. There are some graphic upgrades planned for later on if I remember correctly but I think we've only gotten some minor ones so far.