Aion Classic 2.5 update, don'tfk with our money

Therealzikel

It's time to come clean with the drop rates for mobs and instances. We have gone 10+ years guessing and playing the RNG hopeful runs for good drops. You setup events with 50-100% droprate increases, but we don't know if that an increase of a 0.005 variable or a 0.05 to 0.5 drop rate.  

COME CLEAN. Make it transparent and known just like how are able to now know what enchantment stones success rate are. After you have come clean with the actual real number drop rate figures, the community will then decide whether or not we should continue spending our hard earned money into this game. Thanks.!!!

Edited by Therealzikel
typo

7 hours ago, Cyfur said:

Who cares?

Everyone experiences the same difficulty.

Just because some want an easy ride and do little work

The game is what it is.

He wants to know if it worth getting a double drop rate amulet or not. If an item has a 0,0001% chance to drop, spending real money to double that seems wasteful.

11 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

He wants to know if it worth getting a double drop rate amulet or not. If an item has a 0,0001% chance to drop, spending real money to double that seems wasteful.

He mention no amulet, he just complained about drop rates.

On 2/6/2023 at 4:48 AM, Cyfur said:

He mention no amulet, he just complained about drop rates.

Yes you are right, he mentioned events but also mentioned dropping money, so I assumed he meant drop rate BCM things.

Anyways, drop rates are what they are.

Edited by Arhangelos

1 hour ago, Shirene-DN said:

What makes you think this server will still be alive 3-4 weeks post EU launch?

What makes you think EU classic won't be ruined in pretty much the exact same way every version was ruined by every publisher, /joking.

I am really curious to see if they learned anything from the classic NA p2w mistake. Having tenths of thousands of pre-subs and then losing 90% of them within the first 2 weeks of launch has a pretty nice lesson to be learnt.

I feel that the classic nostalgia wave is already watered down by NA's version.

@Shirene-DN:
The NA playerbase.

@Arhangelos:
Also the huge delay and the fact they are not really getting the actual classic the other regions got, does/did not really help. Right now, the hype about EU is pretty unjustified. If they really required two years to fix a launcher, the expectations can not be that high.

Edited by Stormwing

50 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Arhangelos:

Also the huge delay and the fact they are not really getting the actual classic the other regions got, does/did not really help. Right now, the hype about EU is pretty unjustified. If they really required two years to fix a launcher, the expectations can not be that high.

Can't fix the launcher is strange given the fact there are already other regions with Classic for years, so if there were any issue those guinea pig areas already must have addressed them for EU not to have to. Aion seems like the USA moon landing, they did it with a potato capsule that somehow worked and then they never went back because they "forgot how to do it" (literally their words).

I am from Europe and left Aion EU when they gave it to GF, since Aion classic is under the same publishing rights of GF (same game to retail, just different patch) I would never even set foot there. I already didn't care about NA Classic, tried it, hated it and I am good with the retail however awful it might be.

Edited by Arhangelos

1 hour ago, Cyfur said:

I see the Aion Classic 2.4 Patch Notes have been posted.

Anyone know if there is a way to convert Sapphire Medals to Platinum Medals in 2.5?

Seems like an obvious thing people would want to do.

You can already do through the consumable vendor in the Gelk/Ing main fort. 3 Sapphire Medals = 1 Platinum Medal

1 hour ago, Sunaeri said:

You can already do through the consumable vendor in the Gelk/Ing main fort. 3 Sapphire Medals = 1 Platinum Medal

Patch notes for 2.5 says that is being removed.

Also, I thought it was the other way around when I looked. You could buy 3 x Sapphire Medals, if you had 1 Platinum Medal to sell.

8 hours ago, Cyfur said:

Patch notes for 2.5 says that is being removed.

Also, I thought it was the other way around when I looked. You could buy 3 x Sapphire Medals, if you had 1 Platinum Medal to sell.

Ya, I misremembered/misread because I haven't logged on for a month. Happy hunting!

On 2/9/2023 at 5:57 AM, Cyfur said:

Anyone know if there is a way to convert Sapphire Medals to Platinum Medals in 2.5?

Seems like an obvious thing people would want to do.

As far as I'm aware, even on KR it's only converting down. Plats into Sapphs, but not Sapphs into Plats.