[COMPLETE] Emergency Server Maintenance - February 15, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Roseae

How do you have a hiccup like this when this patch has already been executed on another server and the game has been out as long as it has is beyond me.  How about you fix no parties in the lower level instances like ffxiv? Your just making a bad name for yourselves and will influence your launch of throne and liberty. Makes me question playing further games you drop. 

I got back to Aion (Classic) a few weeks ago and been enjoying it so much. So happy I’m able to. Though I haven’t had a lot of time to play and this maintenance got in the way today, it doesn’t mean the people behind Aion Classic aren’t doing a good job. I so don’t understand people saying this will be the end of Aion or anything. Yes, mistakes happen. Even if it’s about something you pay for (aura in this case). Kinda annoys me to see people blabbing about “the end” of Aion, WoW, or anything. That’s just so tense. Alright. I hope this shows how much I appreciate people working on making Aion Classic available to us. Going to bed now (I’m from Germany). Hope you’re having a great time! 😀

Edited by Kephinio

6 minutes ago, Kephinio said:

I got back to Aion (Classic) a few weeks ago and been enjoying it so much. So happy I’m able to. Though I haven’t had a lot of time to play and this maintenance got in the way today, it doesn’t mean the people behind Aion Classic aren’t doing a good job. I so don’t understand people saying this will be the end of Aion or anything. Yes, mistakes happen. Even if it’s about something you pay for (aura in this case). Kinda annoys me to see people blabbing about “the end” of Aion, WoW, or anything. That’s just so tense. Alright. I hope this shows how much I appreciate people working on making Aion Classic available to us. Going to bed now (I’m from Germany). Hope you’re having a great time! 😀

Don't you realize the magnitude of what happened today?

7 minutes ago, Shirene-DN said:

An error was made and the servers had to be brought down to correct it.

That about sums it up.

When compared to the "magnitude" of the real world - be it the earthquakes in Turkey / Syria, or the war in Ukraine, I think you're being a little over-dramatic about a game server having problems after an update and needing to be taken offline.

Edited by Crackshot
Typo

Just now, Crackshot said:

An error was made and the servers had to be brought down the correct it.

That about sums it up.

When compared to the "magnitude" of the real world - be it the earthquakes in Turkey / Syria, or the war in Ukraine, I think you're being a little over-dramatic about a game server having problems after an update and needing to be taken offline.

You are mixing apples with bananas there, this isn't even about NC's mistake, it's about the implications of not doing a rollback.

11 minutes ago, Shirene-DN said:

I didn't notice a thing other than the screaming on this forum, and the server going down for an unscheduled maintenance.

I got up early to look at the new PvP gear at the merchants, looked at the Valentine rewards at the NPC in Sancutm, had a good Dredge win, did the Ingg daily quests, and started on the Daeva pass weekly event quests. Nothing special dropped from the daily quest mobs I killed, nor any of the mobs in Dredge.

2 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

I didn't notice a thing other than the screaming on this forum, and the server going down for an unscheduled maintenance.

I got up early to look at the new PvP gear at the merchants, looked at the Valentine rewards at the NPC in Sancutm, had a good Dredge win, did the Ingg daily quests, and started on the Daeva pass weekly event quests. Nothing special dropped from the daily quest mobs I killed, nor any of the mobs in Dredge.

This was going on for 2-3 hours, non-stop eternal drops every couple seconds for a few people, I'm sure you can figure out the implications.

66w3x5C.png

11 minutes ago, Cyntrix said:

Take a look at the Naduka Drakes and Naduka Drakies outside their respective ecosystems.

If you're referring to the mobs for the Gelk/Inggi Fort Dailies, this is actually a change they made on purpose. It's like this on KR. I'd wager it's to help spread out pvp so it's not so concentrated in-between the forts.