Forums

[COMPLETE] Emergency Server Maintenance - February 15, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Roseae

hey, im a "new" player in Classic and I don't care much about bugs in this last update, I just want to play and have fun, when will this emergency maintenance be over? it's been more than 3 hours of maintenance I just want to get back to the game :/

Edited by Daron

29 minutes ago, Testimony said:

I hope they will remove ; Item conditioning system to my recall it was the start of Aion Retail decline.

I remember this to be the case as well. It didn't make sense and basically made the rich players more powerful and geared while others stayed perpetually behind and under geared.

Just now, Joxer said:

I remember this to be the case as well. It didn't make sense and basically made the rich players more powerful and geared while others stayed perpetually behind and under geared.

It isn't that bad. You can get the kinah you need for conditioning from Lower Udas Temple.

7 minutes ago, Attestant said:

Ce n'est pas si mal. Vous pouvez obtenir les kinah dont vous avez besoin pour vous conditionner auprès du temple inférieur d'Udas.

There are too many components in this game... For pvp you need potions, scrolls, conditioned your stuff.

Just now, Carcarodon said:

There are too many components in this game... For pvp you need potions, scrolls, conditioned your stuff.

I hate the idea of conditioning, augmenting, tempering, enchantment supplements, transform scrolls, stigma  and skill enchanting etc. they are all make work needless fluff  items, it only gets worse each patch. That's one of the main reasons most Aion players moved from retail to Classic when it was launched.

3 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Je déteste l'idée du conditionnement, de l'augmentation, de la trempe, des suppléments d'enchantement, des parchemins de transformation, de la stigmatisation et de l'enchantement des compétences, etc. C'est l'une des principales raisons pour lesquelles la plupart des joueurs d'Aion sont passés de la vente au détail à Classic lors de son lancement.

Yes the game itself is good, but they add more and more and they themselves break the gameplay

Just now, Fungie said:

@Roseae any update about the situation? Its been 3 hours now without a word or time estimate of when it will be fixed

Not a simple solution. Imagine this situation in real life:

-  A bank gives 200 random people around the world $100 million by mistake
- Those people trade part of that money to other people
- They buy properties with that money
- They buy a lot of expensive food with that money, that hey consume
- They invest some of that money in stocks or buy companies with it

Now the bank has to fix their mistake, they can't just take those $100 mill x 200 back because of how they've been already used. The only real solution is turning back time, or live with the aftermath of what all that money has created.

1 minute ago, Shirene-DN said:

Pas une solution simple. Imaginez cette situation dans la vraie vie :

- Une banque donne à 200 personnes au hasard dans le monde 100 millions de dollars par erreur
- Ces personnes échangent une partie de cet argent avec d'autres personnes
- Ils achètent des propriétés avec cet argent
- Ils achètent beaucoup de nourriture chère avec cet argent, qu'ils consomment
- Ils investissent une partie de cet argent en actions ou acheter des entreprises avec

Maintenant, la banque doit réparer son erreur, elle ne peut pas simplement reprendre ces 100 millions de dollars x 200 en raison de la façon dont ils ont déjà été utilisés. La seule vraie solution est de remonter le temps ou de vivre avec les conséquences de ce que tout cet argent a créé.

Yes but in life you can't do rollback ^^

1 minute ago, Daron said:

mais cela signifie que les nouveaux joueurs et les joueurs de bas niveau seront touchés dans le feu croisé, comme l'a dit notre ami, ce n'est pas une solution simple

Yes I understand. But the rollback would be 24 hours if I understood correctly? It's annoying for sure, but it's not horrible either.

3 minutes ago, Carcarodon said:

Yes I understand. But the rollback would be 24 hours if I understood correctly? It's annoying for sure, but it's not horrible either.

I actually agree with you, a 24 hour rollback isn't that bad, but let's see what they do to solve this

8 minutes ago, Daron said:

but this mean new players and low lvl player will get hit in the crossfire, as our friend said, this is not a simple solution

As sad as it is, a rollback is probably necessary in this sense, the server wasn't up for that long. Not even 24 hour rollback, will be prob be just the time the server was live today til the time they shut it down. But if it isn't done correctly then a lot of people are gonna charge back their daeva passes, their siels aura, the event pass and leave; which will result in classic being just as empty as retail.

I dont think any sane person would want to continue playing if their were other players in the game that benefitted from the bug and got to keep some degree of it (like enchants/kinah)