Update on Item Drop Issue and DB Rollback Announcement - February 15, 2023

Roseae

2 hours ago, Shirene-DN said:

Can you please clarify whether the relics exchange not giving 150% AP is deliberate or a bug that will be fixed ~soon? So we know whether we can turn them in now or wait.

They need to announce every update beforehand, people buy passes for the relics items, they cannot just change it to without any announcement, that's scam.

Your compensation is fine, however, now the drop rates for regular mobs including kinah is non-existent.  You think people are going to be happy getting leather, focus agent and claws??!! You need to seriously evaluate the way you "roll back" and stop panicking when something goes wrong.  The last time the drop rate for regular kills was non- existent, it took you MONTHS to rectify it! If you truly want to keep your players (and I'm not talking about the bountiful bots on this server) you need to get all hands on deck and check your programming work before you launch it. 

Quna Shop Purchases/Siel's Aura/Daeva & Event Pass
For those who purchased Quna Shop items after the rollback period, we are going to distribute purchased items individually in sequence. We would appreciate it if you could please wait until the item is reissued.

This hasn't happened yet, neither the Event Pass unlock, or a refund of Quna so I can unlock it again, have occurred.

Surely there can't have been that many people that purchased in the few hours before the rollback?

I have had to open a Support Ticket to try and find out what is happening.

On 2/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, Poshee said:

Your compensation is fine, however, now the drop rates for regular mobs including kinah is non-existent.  You think people are going to be happy getting leather, focus agent and claws??!! You need to seriously evaluate the way you "roll back" and stop panicking when something goes wrong.  The last time the drop rate for regular kills was non- existent, it took you MONTHS to rectify it! If you truly want to keep your players (and I'm not talking about the bountiful bots on this server) you need to get all hands on deck and check your programming work before you launch it. 

This guy is on the money here with what he is saying I am a new player and several of my friends are all new players I HAVE already lost practically all kinah due to deaths I am spending more kinah on deaths and have no way to earn it back that I am tired of searching for the expensive paying or any paying blue and light blue quest for kinah players who have millions of kinah are likely feeling it too but not to the degree the newer players are.

5f30aca4bd.jpg

THE GAME IN THIS STATE IS UNPLAYABLE UNLESS YOU PLAY SUPER SAFE AND SUPER SLOW WHICH HINT HINT IS SUPER nyerkING BORING.

FIX THE GODAMN DROPS NOW

Edited by Afar
Typo

14 hours ago, Afar said:

This guy is on the money here with what he is saying I am a new player and several of my friends are all new players I HAVE already lost practically all kinah due to deaths I am spending more kinah on deaths and have no way to earn it back that I am tired of searching for the expensive paying or any paying blue and light blue quest for kinah players who have millions of kinah are likely feeling it too but not to the degree the newer players are.

5f30aca4bd.jpg

THE GAME IN THIS STATE IS UNPLAYABLE UNLESS YOU PLAY SUPER SAFE AND SUPER SLOW WHICH HINT HINT IS SUPER nyerkING BORING.

FIX THE GODAMN DROPS NOW

If you and others read with intent from the dev's post you would perceive that the rollback was most likely a necessary action for the game servers to function with the new update.

Also, it is possible that the update had more in mind than just what we know publically... Instead, players come here to complain and write in all caps like a man child.  This accomplishes nothing, yet week after week some person thinks they'll be the one to "speak sense" to a multimillion-dollar company.  The devs here are just the paid messengers, likely heavily restricted on their abilities to make things better.

The best thing for you to do at this time is to wait, patiently and politely. If that is too much for you, then leave the game entirely.

Edited by Tappy-KT

suggestion on additional compensation would be a 50E pvp gear set to players or another x1 piece of 55e like you did in the past. the reason for this is because with all the returning players  we see its still impossible to kill fort deities with our current population numbers. PVE is the only viable way to get plats and pvp is becoming null and pointless but pvp gear would incentivize returners to go out and pvp!! @Roseae

Edited by Rexsyth-KT

7 hours ago, Rexsyth-KT said:

suggestion on additional compensation would be a 50E pvp gear set to players or another x1 piece of 55e like you did in the past. the reason for this is because with all the returning players  we see its still impossible to kill fort deities with our current population numbers. PVE is the only viable way to get plats and pvp is becoming null and pointless but pvp gear would incentivize returners to go out and pvp!! @Roseae

The Dredgion Blues quest gives a Plat medal reward.

Of course you have to actually play to complete that quest, afk people will miss out.

Edited by Cyfur

On 2/16/2023 at 6:05 AM, Roseae said:

So legally speaking, I pay you (Siel's Aura), for a product that you don't provide me (kinah drop 150%) for over 14 days and you will refund me Siel's Aura for 3 days??????

I 'll give you 3 options

1. Return me the amount of real money I pay you and delete my account.

2. Refund my Siel's Aura as long as you don't give us kinah drop (14 days).

3. Give each player about 1.500.000 kinah per day (this is an average amount of kinah I could farm every day)

PS. This post will sended as a ticket too.

• Roseae unpinned this topic
On 2/16/2023 at 3:05 PM, Roseae said:

Hello everyone,

Here is an update to summarize the actions we have taken to address item drop issue discovered today.
After today's update, we have identified a critical drop issue affecting Aion Classic players.
Due to the nature of the problem, we performed an emergency maintenance on Aion Classic to prevent additional players from being affected. In order to protect the game economy and in order to resolve the issue, we have decided to roll back the server.

We apologize for the inconvenience and loss in game progress caused by the issue with item drops across the fields and instances.
We know that many of you will be frustrated about this news and we are sincerely sorry to inform this matter.

Quna Shop Purchases/Siel's Aura/Daeva & Event Pass
For those who purchased Quna Shop items after the rollback period, we are going to distribute purchased items individually in sequence. We would appreciate it if you could please wait until the item is reissued.

UPDATE (2/17): Quna Shop Items and Daeva Pass Purchase/Level Up has been refunded in Quna.
For those who purchased Siel's Aura, will get their lost subscription hours added back during the next maintenance on 2/22. before 2/24.

Lost Items
If you encounter a situation of an item you are missing, please make sure to contact the customer support team imminently.
Be advised that we are expecting a high increase in ticket volumes, we may ask you to be patient, we will make sure your case is resolved as soon as possible.

EXP Boost Event
We are also going to begin an EXP x2 Boost as compensation event.
Event Duration: February 15 - February 19

We will also send you compensation as our sincere apology for the inconvenience and loss in game progress you have experienced. We are also currently discussing possible additional compensations within the team and will update you shortly.

[Maintenance/DB Rollback Compensation]
For Lv. 50-55
1 x Valuable Bundle for Slayers
1 x Omega's Hero's Helmet Selection Box
1 x [Event] 15 Major Ancient Crown Box
20 x Platinum Medal
1 x [Event] Elite Tribunus Weapon Selection Box
UPDATE (2/21): Siel's Aura 3 Days - *Item will be distributed during maintenance on 2/22 3/1

For Lv.1-49
1 x [Event] Lv. 1 Growth Support Box

UPDATE (2/23):

• Tiak Research Center’s Repeating Quests Rewards is still Gold Medals instead of Platinum Medals
  • NPCs Karin and Leon are no longer available in Inggison
  • Vasharti Vindicator is not spawning in the Tempus Lab Dungeon
  • Empyrean Crucible Point & Reward Issue
    These issues are currently being investigated by our team, and as soon as we know more information, we will update here.

• Increased Drop rates (Balic Materials, etc.) and Kinah drop from August patch has been temporarily disabled. 
    https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/aion-classic-august-patch-preview
    A fix for this issue should be implemented on March 1, 2023.
  • Issue with AP acquisition for Relic Exchange is not boosted with Siel's Aura
  • Tiak Research Center’s Repeating Quests Rewards is still Gold Medals instead of Platinum Medals
  • Altar of Avarice Siege (+ other Sieges) provides Sapphire Medal Box
  • Issue with Raised Fortress HP

If you have additional issues or concerns, please feel free to submit a support ticket at support.aiononline.com, or support@aiononline.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and greatly appreciate your patience.

Bumping... @Roseae You unpinned your post 1hr after @Primali posted the Maintenance Post. I would have thought it was still relevant. I can't imagine how your post would contradict today's "Investigation" outcome re AP relic turn-ins. Total coincidence I'm sure!

• Issue with AP acquisition for Relic Exchange is not boosted with Siel's Aura

1. You've acknowledged the issue

2. You've even stated a date you intend on fixing it by

"should" Lol let's see how hard they try and lean on this 'should'

On 2/16/2023 at 6:05 AM, Roseae said:

Increased Drop rates (Balic Materials, etc.) and Kinah drop from August patch has been temporarily disabled. 
https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/aion-classic-august-patch-preview

This March 1??? 2023 ???? 2033???? Why don't you all quit and let AI run the game???????

Drop rate is not fixed.  Siel's aura, canceled.  I have 16 days remaining and I feel ripped off since the previous 15 days I did not get what was promised when I purchased Siel's aura.  A new player can not make it in this game.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...I came back to attempt to play this game again and come to find out that the drop rate very nearly doesn't exist.  Have you guys heard of testing your patches in a Dev or QA environment before putting it into production? Or has this become more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" operation?  This is completely unacceptable.  Learn to properly test and deploy your code.

Regards,

A returning player that is leaving again

3 hours ago, Malkizid said:

Wow...I came back to attempt to play this game again and come to find out that the drop rate very nearly doesn't exist.  Have you guys heard of testing your patches in a Dev or QA environment before putting it into production? Or has this become more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" operation?  This is completely unacceptable.  Learn to properly test and deploy your code.

Regards,

A returning player that is leaving again

What is this "test" you speak of? We deploy straight to production everytime with 0 testing says the 1 underpaid staff member left on aion at ncwest.