Sorc Gear Questions

Chizow-DN

Good Morning,

I'm looking for some basic guidance on how to socket my sorc for PvP and PvE. I've heard for PvP all knowledge is good but then Magic boost as well so just trying to lock in some good info. What are other sorcs running for PvP and PvE? Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, Khyri-TM said:

Good Morning,

I'm looking for some basic guidance on how to socket my sorc for PvP and PvE. I've heard for PvP all knowledge is good but then Magic boost as well so just trying to lock in some good info. What are other sorcs running for PvP and PvE? Thanks in advance.

Just to let you know, when you socket knowledge, you gain magic boost and crit spell as your major stats , which are offensive (or attack) and magic suppression (defense) as a secondary stat.

All knowledge is usually socketed for PVE since you'll have enough MA. otherwise. However, in PVP you probably won't socket full knowledge unless that is one of several sets, as you likely wouldn't get the level of MA required.

Other than that there are other sets that you can build for more specialized purposes, depending upon your budget and time.

I wouldnt recomend you socket only Knowledge or Magic boost to your pvp gear, although is nice to see the damage you do with skills as Aetherflame, Glacial Shard, etc... those skills takes time to cast, giving enough time to your opponent to interrupt your cast, so you need to be able to sleep or root them, and if they have a magic resist gear that would be really hard to achive.

What you should achieve is to have a good balance between magic boost (Knowledge) and magic accuracy (Precision), and option you could use depending on the kinha you have is composite manastones such as Mb/Mac lvl 60 or lvl 70 in all your gear or Knowledge on 3 parts of your gear and precision on the other 3 parts and why not, a combination of knowledge/precision and mb/mac manastones, it all depends on the stats you want to reach.

And for pve its ok to socket only knowledge or magic boost manastones, but it wouldnt hurt to add a little of magic accuracy to the pve gear

PvE Solo = Magic Boost : 2900 - 4000 / Magical Accuracy: 1900 - 2500 / Critical Spell: at this point it doesn't matter [Socket knowledge manastones or just normal magic boost]

PvE Solo Elites = Magic Boost : 3000 - 4500 / Magical Accuracy: 2100 - 2500 / Critical Spell: more than 500 [Critical spell will ensure that you end your monster as quick as possible,at this point you still don't need precision or magical accuracy]

PvE Solo vs Many Elites (power exp grinding) = Magic Boost : more than 4500 / Magical Accuracy: more than 2300 / Critical Spell: more than 600 / Health: more than 16 000 without buffs [in this case you need to be tough(I'm not sure if you're going to do it or not,but that's how I do it),sometimes you might have to use dp skills to sleep and debuff your monsters because they can destroy you really fast]

PvE Group normal mobs or elites = You need as much magic boost as possible,you need as much magical accuracy as possible ,you need over 650 critical spell,you need an enmity boost -% set.Enmity boost is really important in group PvE ,for the simple reason that you don't want to get aggression on yourself ,cloths die easily.Also it's not a good idea to get aggression from your main tank (which happens often if he is not well geared of course).The reason I say that you need as much magic boost and magical accuracy as possible ,is because there are different instances ,different scenarios that require different stats.So it's always better if you have maxed everything out.But practically the prioritized stats are only magic boost and magical accuracy for most instances.There are of course instances like DLR,CoE and others that require endurance ,which would be achieved by adding some health stones or even the old health/magic resist.

This is what I have on 4 of my sorcerers and I'm doing quite good.So to sum up things,for PvE don't use any other than these stones:knowledge,precision,magic boost/magical accuracy,magic boost and critical spell,unless it's high damage demanding situation like in the case of fighting multiple opponents. I've noticed that critical spell gives you high advantage in PvE ,you make more magical critical strikes ,which will increase your damage per second output by more than 25% compared to just normal dps-ing.

Also for solo PvE purposes , it's a good idea to use a set that gives you certain amount of % dmg against specific type of monsters,like frostforged for example.

Archived