Weekly Server Maintenance - March 1, 2023 [Aion]

Primali

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion.
Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Garden of Growth Event Ends
    • Following event event Items will be deleted during the regular maintenance on Wednesday, March 8, 2023.
      • Garden of Growth Bonus Entry Scroll
  • Sweet Tooth Fairy Event Ends
    • Following event event Items will be deleted during the regular maintenance on Wednesday, March 8, 2023.
      • [Event] Sweet Cacao
      • [Event] Chewy Rice Powder
      • [Event] Chocolate Rice Cake
      • [Event] Silk Piece
      • [Event] Anticouple Egg (21 Days)
  • Paragon Equipment Promotion Ends
  • Void Trials Event Begins
    • Event Period: March 1 - March 22, 2023

Thank you!

Wtf the pet says it still has 7 more days! I haven't been able to do the 30 silk. What a garbage event. I have been auto hunting the sh!t out of my char and that thing takes for ages! I wanted to get the fluttering wings the rest of the rewards sucked big time.

Edited by Arhangelos

Void Trial is back??? Did I miss the part where it left???

Welcome to the new event that gives the same thing Void Trials were already providing..... 

oh I am sorry you can get an already easy-to-acquire common weapon skin that has been available for years

and a 64 type transformation contact 

thanks ncsoft you never disappoint 

@Primali please, review the event loot table

it looks horrible and pretty lackluster
consider adding Daevanion Skills, Refining Stones, ultimate manastones, Io, Holy Waters

none of the items I listed are considered top tier and game breaking to be given in events

Edited by Lapis-DN

14 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Wtf the pet says it still has 7 more days! I haven't been able to do the 30 silk. What a garbage event. I have been auto hunting the sh!t out of my char and that thing takes for ages! I wanted to get the fluttering wings the rest of the rewards sucked big time.

I'm curious: about how much powder and cacao were you able to loot Auto-hunting? I simply do not have the opportunity to leave my computer idle to auto-hunt 12+ hours per day, and playing the game normally (completing daily, weekly, and seasonal quests throughout the maps) I was only able to loot enough food for the Anti-couple to give me 1 Rice Cake.

3 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

I'm curious: about how much powder and cacao were you able to loot Auto-hunting? I simply do not have the opportunity to leave my computer idle to auto-hunt 12+ hours per day, and playing the game normally (completing daily, weekly, and seasonal quests throughout the maps) I was only able to loot enough food for the Anti-couple to give me 1 Rice Cake.

Very low chance to get it indeed, this is why I haven't been able to do 30 of them yet, but it seems the pet is not deleted nor the event items. I also do not have prestige, I once put a drop amulet and saw no difference.

The other awful thing is that it needs 2 hours to be re-fed and we had this event along with GoG which required another 1 hour of afk farming!

7 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

@Primali please, review the event loot table

it looks horrible and pretty lackluster
consider adding Daevanion Skills, Refining Stones, ultimate manastones, Io, Holy Waters

none of the items I listed are considered top tier and game breaking to be given in events

Exactly, the whole vent looks like Void Trials with just one more step, the FS armor box is nothing, I extract like 10 of them every week by apsaranta quests.

They also need to always put a skin in every event, doesn't matter how ugly it is, just put a skin in the table.

22 hours ago, Basia-DN said:

Do any of the GM's actually play the game?  How is this even possible? 

I don't think soInsert image from URL

not to mention the event is quite difficult to do on alts, and its not even worth the time

Edited by Lapis-DN

When you die, it costs 200 coins to go back into the stage. You basically die as soon as he starts doing skills. 🙄

👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾

Collapsing Illusion-> run out-> insta killed even when far outside the ring

Echos of Fantasy-> stay in -> insta killed even at 0m from the boss

👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾

Next week I'll try doing the opposite of what we're suppose to do for the normal boss skills and see if they reversed it..🤦‍♀️

I was able to do it in the first two days with the normal in-out HOA mechanics, so unless it got bugged after that it was working as it should then. 

Also "Stage 4 Mysterious Power Shard 300 Void Silver 2" is suppose to sell 2 power shards at Stage 4 and it still sells 1 like the non event one, so it feels like someone copied it from the original version of the instance and not the nerfed down one that we got here which only sells 1 shard.

Another problem is that you cant reset it, there are 2 entries, no reset scrolls and you cant reset with luna. So you get a total of 6 entries in the span of the event, which most of the people if they even get to Ishkur will end up dying while they learn the mechanics and not being able to finish it, and thats if its not indeed bugged now.

I'll try again after reset to see if it still works like it should. 

On 3/1/2023 at 7:47 PM, Arhangelos said:

Sorry for the triple post but even though the pets are still there and all the materials in the inventory, the mobs no longer drop the food for the pet.

Yeah I had noticed that too. So even though  we still had the pet for a couple extra days, we could not collect any more food to try and get some silk for the event quest. I did write a ticket about how  rarely the mobs  were dropping the food and what a big number we needed for the quest.  I was,  of course, redirected to voice my opinion here on the forums. So here I am. When we have auto-hunt centered events ALL mobs should drop the quest items 100% of the time. It is the only way to achieve the huge numbers were are asked to achieve in order to participate in the Event. I hope I can get some support on this.

P.S. It also would not hurt if the loot was shareable in group, like the flower petal event we can do even in an Alliance. The faction that farms together stays together 👩‍🌾.

Edited by Gallium-DN