Weekly Server Maintenance - March 1, 2023 [Aion]

Primali

Not too surprised these days. They seem to not care what we think, let people openly hack (as ever). I don't think our NC reps have much say it seems Korea sending us crap.

I guess some people weren't bugged but 100% we were i mean we even had people inside and outside circle same time and all died. Not worth the fight to be honest. Will just run and stop at 2nd last boss instead.

Hello @Primali, when will you guys bring the ultimate transformation promotion back; we need it urgently but it must be added the new ultimate transformation ( Lumiel & Yustiel ) so it would be better before the new patch 8.5.

and we also need the legendary apostle transformation to complete the collection, add it on the simple events, on the prestige machine or on the BCM ( Black Cloud Marketplace ) but it must be selection to be easy to select. ( For the prestige machine & the BCM, it's better to put it with selection x1 per month such as the breath of transformation ).

that's all is very helpful to us & players, thanks.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:16 PM, Gallium-DN said:

I'm curious: about how much powder and cacao were you able to loot Auto-hunting? I simply do not have the opportunity to leave my computer idle to auto-hunt 12+ hours per day, and playing the game normally (completing daily, weekly, and seasonal quests throughout the maps) I was only able to loot enough food for the Anti-couple to give me 1 Rice Cake.

Using a 50% XP Berdin's Amulet and constantly popping Tea of Repose 100% recovery (giving an additional 10% drop rate), while using Auto hunt, I was able to get around 1-2 event drops per minute. Somehow it was always an even amount of rice versus chocolate. For 30 silks, at 110 food per feeding, that would take at least 3,300 minutes of farming. I only had 6 of those amulets left from my Aterian Atlas (yea, they were pretty dusty when I found them hiding ..) so only 6 hours of my farming was at the 60% drop rate. 

When I was sleeping and not at/watching my screen, I had on a +8 drop rate runestone socketed which only gave a 36% item drop rate boost. While that was on, it took 1.5-2 minutes per drop. Keep in mind I was in a spot with level 80 mobs that weren't too spread out, and with my gear I was killing mobs pretty fast (2-3 hits). Since I'm not a robot, it took me a solid week of farming whenever I could, skipping everything else I normally do to be able to finish. 

Pet feeding was also time consuming. You could only feed the pet every 2 hours.  30 feeds x 2hrs=60 hours minimum waiting time. I would stop auto hunting and give my devil it's food, then continue hunting away. It took 3 minutes to get the pet full (30 feedings x 3min= 90 min total to feed your pet with no interruptions).

It would've been cheaper to just buy this off the BCM rather than spend 100+ hours trying to complete this event with its awful drop rate.

The cherry on top: even though the pet and the food have not been deleted yet, there is no way to turn in the quest without talking to the NPC (it was removed when the event ended last maintenance)

SNKFr4b.png

KFOSPJr.png

Side note: the animation when the cow smiles looks bugged and lasts not even 1 second. I tried to get a screenshot of it smiling but had no luck. Oh well.

18 hours ago, Alyta-DN said:

Using a 50% XP Berdin's Amulet and constantly popping Tea of Repose 100% recovery (giving an additional 10% drop rate), while using Auto hunt, I was able to get around 1-2 event drops per minute. Somehow it was always an even amount of rice versus chocolate. For 30 silks, at 110 food per feeding, that would take at least 3,300 minutes of farming. I only had 6 of those amulets left from my Aterian Atlas (yea, they were pretty dusty when I found them hiding ..) so only 6 hours of my farming was at the 60% drop rate. 

When I was sleeping and not at/watching my screen, I had on a +8 drop rate runestone socketed which only gave a 36% item drop rate boost. While that was on, it took 1.5-2 minutes per drop. Keep in mind I was in a spot with level 80 mobs that weren't too spread out, and with my gear I was killing mobs pretty fast (2-3 hits). Since I'm not a robot, it took me a solid week of farming whenever I could, skipping everything else I normally do to be able to finish. 

Pet feeding was also time consuming. You could only feed the pet every 2 hours.  30 feeds x 2hrs=60 hours minimum waiting time. I would stop auto hunting and give my devil it's food, then continue hunting away. It took 3 minutes to get the pet full (30 feedings x 3min= 90 min total to feed your pet with no interruptions).

It would've been cheaper to just buy this off the BCM rather than spend 100+ hours trying to complete this event with its awful drop rate.

The cherry on top: even though the pet and the food have not been deleted yet, there is no way to turn in the quest without talking to the NPC (it was removed when the event ended last maintenance)

SNKFr4b.png

KFOSPJr.png

Side note: the animation when the cow smiles looks bugged and lasts not even 1 second. I tried to get a screenshot of it smiling but had no luck. Oh well.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to make a detailed reply. It sounds like even for those who have the ability to leave their computer idle and the game open for many, many hours per day, it still took a full week and countless hours of your time to accomplish the event goal. You also mentioned that you were completely unable to do anything else in the game in order to farm.

For those of us who have responsibilities, work, etc. and can only play Aion for a couple hours per day (plus weekends) this is truly impossible.  I would really like to address the staff here @Primali @Roseae@EMpulse: Why are today’s Events designed so that players can’t play? We have to choose between participating in the event, or actually playing the game. The quests give us huge numbers to try and reach and on top of that, the drop rate is extremely poor. We don’t even have the option to group-up and mass-kill mobs and share the loot. Instead, our computers are held up for nearly 24 hours per day, 7 days a week while our characters behave as robots. During this period we can’t run instances. We can’t rebuild our renown.  We can’t do Apsar legion quests. We can’t work on the Daeva Pass. We can’t play. A response from the  Aion Team would be greatly appreciated.

20 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

Hey, thanks for taking the time to make a detailed reply. It sounds like even for those who have the ability to leave their computer idle and the game open for many, many hours per day, it still took a full week and countless hours of your time to accomplish the event goal. You also mentioned that you were completely unable to do anything else in the game in order to farm.

For those of us who have responsibilities, work, etc. and can only play Aion for a couple hours per day (plus weekends) this is truly impossible.  I would really like to address the staff here @Primali @Roseae@EMpulse: Why are today’s Events designed so that players can’t play? We have to choose between participating in the event, or actually playing the game. The quests give us huge numbers to try and reach and on top of that, the drop rate is extremely poor. We don’t even have the option to group-up and mass-kill mobs and share the loot. Instead, our computers are held up for nearly 24 hours per day, 7 days a week while our characters behave as robots. During this period we can’t run instances. We can’t rebuild our renown.  We can’t do Apsar legion quests. We can’t work on the Daeva Pass. We can’t play. A response from the  Aion Team would be greatly appreciated.

Even worse as I said we had another auto-hunt event the Garden of Knowledge which mandates that we live our chars another hour afk auto hunting. This is why I didn't manage to do the 30 silks, I did 25 and then the event went off. Such a badly designed event. I do not really care for those wings, I was going to horde its skin only and never use it probably, but I hate that I did the job and didn't have time to finish it.

Yeah, it really sucks. I know the Wings were not the most coveted item, but at least they and the hanbok skin were something new. My favorite type of Event has always been the kind where you can get a skin, emote or mount after preforming a relatively simple task. However, nowadays we just can't enjoy that type of event because the goals are too far out of reach. If every mob had a 100% chance of dropping the quest item(s), and the goal number of the quest was realistically achievable, then players could have actually enjoyed the event. We could have focused one week doing the GOG and a second week collecting for the Silk. Instead, everyone was just disappointed. I mean, think about it: players needed to loot 110 quest items just to gain 1 Silk, and we needed 30 Silk pieces to turn in the quest. You put that together and you need 3,300 Silk pieces. That is a huge number in-of itself, and the mobs don't even drop the quest items every time. On top of that, you can only gain up to two pieces of Silk per day. Players were set up to fail.

I just wish the Aion Team would take a little time before releasing the Events, to modify the goals so they are more realistic for our Server.

Edited by Gallium-DN

11 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

Yeah, it really sucks. I know the Wings were not the most coveted item, but at least they and the hanbok skin were something new. My favorite type of Event has always been the kind where you can get a skin, emote or mount after preforming a relatively simple task. However, nowadays we just can't enjoy that type of event because the goals are too far out of reach. If every mob had a 100% chance of dropping the quest item(s), and the goal number of the quest was realistically achievable, then players could have actually enjoyed the event. We could have focused one week doing the GOG and a second week collecting for the Silk. Instead, everyone was just disappointed. I mean, think about it: players needed to loot 110 quest items just to gain 1 Silk, and we needed 30 Silk pieces to turn in the quest. You put that together and you need 3,300 Silk pieces. That is a huge number in-of itself, and the mobs don't even drop the quest items every time. On top of that, you can only gain up to two pieces of Silk per day. Players were set up to fail.

I just wish the Aion Team would take a little time before releasing the Events, to modify the goals so they are more realistic for our Server.

Exactly 3300 cacao/rice for it and the chance was like 10% if not less so that was at least 33.000 mobs to kill.

I wish they could run a check just to see how few people finished the quest. I only know of 2 on the server so far. 😕

The skin is also untradable, can not be brokered, can not be stored in account warehouse...

...there's no way to share skins anymore, which sucks.

The thing that made me not finish it is that the pet timer had +1 week than the event duration which gave me a false interpretation of the duration of the event.

I made 25 silk and had enough food for almost one more, so almost 26. But then I saw the maintenance post and realized I have no more time left. I should have paid attention to the dates.

Edited by Arhangelos

@Primali @EMpulseNot sure how many people have read the posting about 8.4 patch 2, but they have the transformations all messed up.

It starts out okay at the top stating Vaizel and Triniel will be out, but then down below under:

"[Transformation] 

New Transformation has been added. "

It lists Lumiel and Yustiel which are from the Prism event. It even shows their stats and that prime runes are available for them which in both cases was already the case. I believe that section of the preview is supposed to describe Triniel and Vaizel ultis and their prime runes and maybe some way to get them (looks like ultimate breath combining). Could you please have whomever wrote the article make the needed correction? It would be nice too if we could be told how to get Yustiel and Lumiel now or if they are gone forever like our Luna access soon? 👋

9 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

@Primali @EMpulseNot sure how many people have read the posting about 8.4 patch 2, but they have the transformations all messed up.

It starts out okay at the top stating Vaizel and Triniel will be out, but then down below under:

"[Transformation] 

New Transformation has been added. "

It lists Lumiel and Yustiel which are from the Prism event. It even shows their stats and that prime runes are available for them which in both cases was already the case. I believe that section of the preview is supposed to describe Triniel and Vaizel ultis and their prime runes and maybe some way to get them (looks like ultimate breath combining). Could you please have whomever wrote the article make the needed correction? It would be nice too if we could be told how to get Yustiel and Lumiel now or if they are gone forever like our Luna access soon? 👋

The two new ultimates are acquirable via breaths + fragmetns, so now the chest will have Zikel, Nezekan and the two new ones.

I am almost sure I will get another Zikel again lol, my lack the latest years dropped so low I keep getting the same rewards in many things.

14 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

The two new ultimates are acquirable via breaths + fragmetns, so now the chest will have Zikel, Nezekan and the two new ones.

I am almost sure I will get another Zikel again lol, my lack the latest years dropped so low I keep getting the same rewards in many things.

They probably should make it selectable, but I don't see it happening.

The Q/A team is going to fix the main site preview apparently.

On 3/12/2023 at 3:39 AM, Alyta-DN said:

I wish they could run a check just to see how few people finished the quest. I only know of 2 on the server so far. 😕

The skin is also untradable, can not be brokered, can not be stored in account warehouse...

Lol I also couldn't but I slacked the first days. Now I know I would never finish it with all it needed and the drop rates being so bad.

5 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

They probably should make it selectable, but I don't see it happening.

The Q/A team is going to fix the main site preview apparently.

They will make a sales event where you pay 250$ for a chance to get any of the two like they did in the past for sure

• Roseae unpinned this topic
On 3/12/2023 at 3:39 AM, Alyta-DN said:

I didn't finish it either no time to auto hunt 5 hours per day

Edited by Vorias