Weekly Server Maintenance - March 1, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Primali

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Item Drop Rates/Quest Reward/Monster HP Changes
    • Added Kinah Rewards to Lower Level Missions
    • Lowered Skillbook Price
    • Lowered the Price of Teleport in Low Level Areas
    • Lowered Fortress HP (Reverted)
    • Lowered HP of Silentera Canyon Field Boss Monsters by 50% (Ragnarok, Omega, etc.)
    • Added Kinah Drops to the Raid Boss Monsters
    • Added Random Kinah Bundle Rewards to the Quests
  • Fixed Issue with Altar of Avarice Siege (+ other Sieges) provides Sapphire Medal Box
  • Fixed Issue with Tiak Research Center’s Repeating Quests Rewards is still Gold Medals instead of Platinum Medals

• Issue with AP acquisition for Relic Exchange is not boosted with Siel's Aura
    • Based upon our investigation, AP acquisition from Relic Exchange does not get boosted with Siel's Aura. AP acquisition 150% bonus only applies to the AP gained through battle

UPDATE: A quick update from the team: We are currently reinvestigating a problem with AP acquisition from Relic Exchange does not get boosted with Siel's Aura.  We will do our best to report on the status of each as they occur in this thread. 

• White Day Event Begins
    • Event Period: March 1 - March 22, 2023
  • Instance Drop Rate x2 Boost Event Begins
    • Event Period: March 1 - March 29, 2023
    • Boss Monsters from following instances:
      • Adma Stronghold
      • Theobomos Lab
      • Fire Temple
      • Draupnir Cave
      • Dark Poeta
      • Beshmundir Temple
      • Unyielding Beshmundir Temple
      • Udas Temple
      • Lower Udas Temple

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Primali said:

• Based upon our investigation, AP acquisition from Relic Exchange does not get boosted with Siel's Aura. AP acquisition 150% bonus only applies to the AP gained through battle

I'm not surprised that you guys don't know game mechanics that used to exist giving the lack of QA, but AP relics did reward 150% AP before the new patch. So, research better.

25 minutes ago, Primali said:

Item Drop Rates/Quest Reward/Monster HP Changes

• Lowered HP of Silentera Canyon Field Boss Monsters by 50% (Ragnarok, Omega, etc.)

Are these all of the drop rate changes? I have yet to see a manastone drop in the open world since you broke drops. 

Edited by Lut

28 minutes ago, Primali said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.

• Fixed Issue with Altar of Avarice Siege (+ other Sieges) provides Sapphire Medal Box
  • Fixed Issue with Tiak Research Center’s Repeating Quests Rewards is still Gold Medals instead of Platinum Medals

• White Day Event Begins
      • Adma Stronghold
      • Theobomos Lab
      • Fire Temple
      • Draupnir Cave
      • Dark Poeta
      • Beshmundir Temple
      • Udas Temple
      • Lower Udas Temple

Thank you!

Ok, so the drop is gonna be the same it was before you guys updated to 2.5? it's not clear for us if the manastones and balic itens will be dropping again...

26 minutes ago, Primali said:

Then all the relic jus lost 50% value buz we didnt exchange before 2.5 and NC dont give any notice that boost will disable.

Lol based on our research ap items dont give 150% im dead. Ever since your staff implemented 150%  ap gains with the siels aura change ap relic turn ins have always had the 150% boost @Primali you guys need to do research about the game badly the community didnt just make that up out of thin air 

So for 2 weeks I haven't been able to farm stigmas I need or much of anything to finance going to upper level group dungeon/instances.  But those instances I can not go to(due to lacking stigmas or kinah to buy them)  will be getting a 2x drop rate.  Basically what you are saying and doing is screwing those of us who are new to the game.  Really makes me feel like I've wasted my time playing here and should be looking at a different game.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Gwendel said:

So for 2 weeks I haven't been able to farm stigmas I need or much of anything to finance going to upper level group dungeon/instances.  But those instances I can not go to(due to lacking stigmas or kinah to buy them)  will be getting a 2x drop rate.  Basically what you are saying and doing is screwing those of us who are new to the game.  Really makes me feel like I've wasted my time playing here and should be looking at a different game.

Thanks!

Exactly!! I actually asked then about the Stigma loot from several mobs they did respond but the thing is the Stigma drop rate is soooooooo thin that you can waste hours and several runs of instances and you will not see a shadow of a stigma. Especially the low level ones. 

@Primali also adding that the player base isn't being compensated more siel aura time or lost ap items due to your mistakes besides 3 days of play time when its been 2 weeks we lost out on things now plus the lack of research your team has done on the topic of ap relic turn ins this is even more disgraceful to all players 🤮

Edited by Kyio

41 minutes ago, Primali said:

Could you please clarify? Does this mean:

A) We have identified that relic exchange is not benefiting from the 150% siel's aura bonus even though it is supposed to and will restore it at a later date.

or

B) We have determined that relic exchange is not supposed to benefit from the 150% siel's aura bonus, and it was a mistake that it previously did benefit from that bonus.

19 minutes ago, Disregard-DN said:

Could you please clarify? Does this mean:

A) We have identified that relic exchange is not benefiting from the 150% siel's aura bonus even though it is supposed to and will restore it at a later date.

or

B) We have determined that relic exchange is not supposed to benefit from the 150% siel's aura bonus, and it was a mistake that it previously did benefit from that bonus.

Based on the wording they didn't even know that relics gave 150%. Which is not surprising.

1 hour ago, Primali said:

@Primali
Please, note the following 2 things that should be considered:
1) Both the description on Siel's aura page, AND the Siel's aura icon in game simply say : Ap aquisition 150%. Thats end of history, no battle, no farm, no nothing. Thats why before the 2.5 update you used to get 150% from relic. If relics does not give 150% thats false and harmful advertizing on both siels aura purchase page, AND in the "news" page when the "new aura" was release. Also, wrongfully and harmful discription ingame

2) There is second AP bonus, that you guys gives eventually, that is the 2x ap weekend and etc. THOSE, THOSE SPECIAL EVENTS, the icon say "ap from battle/farm" or whatever

Please restart that investigation considerating what is on your pages/game, not only on the siels aura purchase page, but also on the release of the "new aura", everywhere it only says "ap aquisition", you guys are mixing the double ap weekend with siels aura.

1 hour ago, Mundane said:

Based on the wording they didn't even know that relics gave 150%. Which is not surprising.

probably their "investigation" was simply a crtl+f for "ap aquisition", and it landed on the 2x ap weekend (which did not apply to relic), and not on the siels aura. And sinse these guys are not that bright, they ended the investigation deep (sarcasm) investigation there. Lets be real, what is advertized on siel aura is 150% ap, no matter where. There can se serious legal issues there. AP can be considered an online currency, and they advertized 150% gain, no buts and no *.  They can't change it after the fact.

1 hour ago, Mundane said:

Of course they knew.

What happened is 2.5 introduced a new NPC type for AP relic exchange, which replace the previous multiple Shugo NPCs.

That new NPC had not been set up to honor the Siel's Aura buff, that's all.

13 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Of course they knew.

What happened is 2.5 introduced a new NPC type for AP relic exchange, which replace the previous multiple Shugo NPCs.

That new NPC had not been set up to honor the Siel's Aura buff, that's all.

thing is we know they're not smart enough to even know the names of monsters or npcs in the game you think they were aware of this hell they didnt even give us half the patch notes 2.5 actually has we got a broken down cliff notes version of patch notes and on top of that they have no idea that the npc's did in fact honor the 150% this has serious concequences to there subs because it was a major factor in why people actually pay for the sub to begin with and now that its gone and they arent clarifying anything on it this has potential law suits and or charge backs written all over it all this happening on the heels of 2 big upcoming game releases this next month just shows you how disconnected nc west has been and its the major reason why they arent publishing throne and liberty for NA 

It would be an unfortunate decision to not put back Abyss Relic turn in rates at 150% as they were before the patch. 

I mean, I'm doing my best to keep people on NA classic, but they just keep seeing more reasons to leave for Aion Classic EU or some other game. Stop giving them more reasons to stop logging on.

3 hours ago, Primali said:

Greetings Daevas!

• White Day Event Begins
      • Adma Stronghold
      • Theobomos Lab
      • Fire Temple
      • Draupnir Cave
      • Dark Poeta
      • Beshmundir Temple
      • Udas Temple
      • Lower Udas Temple

Thank you!

Umm 
it would take ten min of your time to look at any number of players who turned in relics pier to the 2.5 Screw up.. I mean patch to see.. RELICS DID give 150% with aura.
It's just insane to call all of us players LIERS. that's what you are doing here!  
Well no more Auto pay from my 2 accounts. 

2 hours ago, Primali said:

"does not get boosted with Siel's Aura."

@Primali
Hi, sorry but your statement only confirms what we've complained about to NC since the patch update. You coming here telling us what we originally told you is frankly unbelievable. NC West are you seriously going to stand behind some fresh throwaway account and tell us we were all dreaming we got 150% AP from relics?! Despicable...

And does everyone know why?

1). Because if NC West admitted in public that we did in fact previously get 150% AP from relics, they'd be obliged to fix it or compensate us for past and future losses. Imagine that headache!

2). They also don't want to fix the issue because it costs them revenue every time they ring Korea up for an apparently unique change like this.

3). So they've decided to play a game of pretend with their paying customers! Well, to be fair I can kinda see their logic behind this option. It means they don't have to compensate anyone or pay anyone anything. They just have to ignore us until the issue blows over and they will get away with it. Just a shred short-sighted though in my opinion... NC West has proven at almost every opportunity that they only ever focus on next month's results.

1 hour ago, Yuma said:

Do you guys layoff too many people and didn’t know what was the setting on the previous patch???

You guys are getting ridiculous now

AP relics have been giving 150% AP since Sep 28 2022 when they switched over to the "New & Improved Siel's Aura".

All of a sudden, the new AP relic  NPCs introduced in the 2.5patch break that feature we have become use to, and NCsoft can't be bothered to fix it, instead they would have us believe that it never existed, ie. it was a bug since Sep 2022.

People want the feature back NCsoft, so fix it, don't ignore it.