Weekly Server Maintenance - March 1, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Primali

8 minutes ago, Violet said:

Are you guys even aware about the profession bug in this patch?

And there's no quest above 399 so I can't upgrade my profession.

We want a fix for it too.

Hi,
Based upon our investigation into the maximum level for crafting, we found 399 to be the highest reachable level simply because there is no quest available to upgrade higher. Anything higher than 399 is a distant memory or probably you were dreaming it. Please trust we investigated this issue thoroughly and with integrity in mind at all times.
- NC West: A Team

• Aion Team

Hello everyone,

A quick update from the team: We are currently reinvestigating a problem with AP acquisition from Relic Exchange does not get boosted with Siel's Aura.  We will do our best to report on the status of each as they occur in this thread. 

We apologize for the any inconvenience this may have caused. 

NTC dropped 1 balaur item.  World drop rate is non existent for anything other than misc materials.  As a new player I just do not see how I can progress on this server.  

I couldnt care less about the AP relic exchange because I will never reach that point.

Deactiving my siel's aura now.  I've paid for it but it hasn't worked for the last 2 weeks and probably will not work again.

Shortly before the launch of a server larger than NA, NCSoft pushes away the few remaining players. They can't listen to the community and the "ADMs" have no idea what happens because they simply don't play the game. They killed the game for sheer incompetence.

RIP Aion Classic.

Drop rates in the open world are still completely gone. Not a single white manastone yet and no increase in balic materials. I suppose we have at least another week of a broken patch(if it even gets fixed next week).

18 minutes ago, Heathen said:

SO... ONTO WEEK 3 THAT MY NEW LEVEL 55 TOON CANNOT PLAY AION? NICE! 3 WEEKS WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO TURN IN AP RELICS FOR STIGMAS...? I GUESS I'LL AFK FOR ANOTHER 168 HOURS, THANKS!

BRO. NCWEST SHOULD BE FIRED.

Dude...there are faster and better ways to make ap. You save relics for major items like weaps/armor - not blow them on stigmas. Siege/pvp/bot farming can make 100k+ every day. Not to mention dreg and tiak. But you do you.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:10 PM, Roseae said:

Increased Drop rates (Balic Materials, Manastones, etc.) and Kinah drop from August patch has been temporarily disabled. 
https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/aion-classic-august-patch-preview
A fix for this issue should be implemented on March 1, 2023.

We are trying to get these issues fixed as soon as possible and will keep posted. Thanks to those of you who reported it to us, and we very much appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Thank you!

We also really need an answer on when the world drop rate will return to what it was. Once again we're faced with the issue of not having the manastones we need to socket into gear. The pass gives us supplements to socket mana stones but if they dont drop then we have no need for them. We begged you guys to do something for months. Please don't make us wait months to revert to something that was already working.

3 hours ago, Bintang-KT said:

Hi,
Based upon our investigation into the maximum level for crafting, we found 399 to be the highest reachable level simply because there is no quest available to upgrade higher. Anything higher than 399 is a distant memory or probably you were dreaming it. Please trust we investigated this issue thoroughly and with integrity in mind at all times.
- NC West: A Team

This isn't true and we know it isnt true. They just dont read the korean patch notes for the game they run.
https://aion.plaync.com/board/clsupdate/view?articleId=62e8d983ff1a427b244a05ee&query=명인&searchType=title,contents&page=1&categoryId=&viewMode=compact&size=18

Yeah, you guys need to fix this mid-week. Don't wait an entire week with instance drop events going on to fix it. People, like me, want to return to the game to check out the new patch and we want to actually be able to get manastones to put into the nice new gear that we MIGHT get. If you waste a week you're going to lose a ton of people that wanted to return to check out the new patch and maybe stick around. 

Fix the ap relic turn in so I can turn in my bazillion crowns that I had saved so I can get new gear, fix the drop rate so manastones are affordable and plentiful so I can actually socket it and use it, ASAP PLEASE. 

12 hours ago, GenericUser19333 said:

It would be an unfortunate decision to not put back Abyss Relic turn in rates at 150% as they were before the patch. 

I mean, I'm doing my best to keep people on NA classic, but they just keep seeing more reasons to leave for Aion Classic EU or some other game. Stop giving them more reasons to stop logging on.

There is absolutely no reason to go to EU version at all. 

world drops still dont work  right i have done all quests i can, I am lvl 52 and cant go any further until i get 20 blue blaur shards to trade for the time activation stone. so i can run dark  poeta and continiue my main quests. unfortunally the shard just dont drop for me . shards in the auction house have been going thru the roof since u baiscally cant farm them .

Edited by Asaaa

So as ppl have said open world drops are NOT fixed.. SR mops still dropping NOTHING most the time. 
You put in a  2x drop rate in instances... well multi player instances. Not all of us like to do the same instances 199s of times. Hell I can't stand most of them 2x. 
A lot of ppl think that 2x dop rates mean if a Mop was supposed to drop 2k it will drop 4k for the event.. and thats not how NC works... it REALY means that if a mop drops a mana stone 1 in every 10 times it dies... it should drop them 2 times in every 10x times it dies. when mops are dropping ZERO.. 0 x 0 is still ZERO. 

18 hours ago, Kyio said:

thing is we know they're not smart enough to even know the names of monsters or npcs in the game you think they were aware of this hell they didnt even give us half the patch notes 2.5 actually has we got a broken down cliff notes version of patch notes and on top of that they have no idea that the npc's did in fact honor the 150% this has serious concequences to there subs because it was a major factor in why people actually pay for the sub to begin with and now that its gone and they arent clarifying anything on it this has potential law suits and or charge backs written all over it all this happening on the heels of 2 big upcoming game releases this next month just shows you how disconnected nc west has been and its the major reason why they arent publishing throne and liberty for NA 

Throne and Liberty is their new game maybe they are crashing Aion like City of Hero as everyone rushes over there. Well tell you what, if this is the case we should all demand those charge back . Whats the reason False advertisement. If its not and its truly just a royal cluster XXXX why not take the money you are making off us and hire some people that actually know how to not only FIX it, but know how to keep their word?

Edited by 1s920E2-KT

5 hours ago, Asaaa said:

world drops still dont work  right i have done all quests i can, I am lvl 52 and cant go any further until i get 20 blue blaur shards to trade for the time activation stone. so i can run dark  poeta and continiue my main quests. unfortunally the shard just dont drop for me . shards in the auction house have been going thru the roof since u baiscally cant farm them .

My 53 Cleric is in the same boat. We kept track of kills/drops in 100 kills......1 %^$% scale. There is something fishy going on and I for one dont like being lied to or stolen from. The money we spent is to get the full content of this game, since its not being given I feel everyday this has been broken we should get back. After all when you buy a comity, and its not what you were supposed to be given you are issued a refund right?

6 hours ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

There is absolutely no reason to go to EU version at all. 

So question, is EU SERVERS a different version of Aion? Or do they just cut/paste Aion onto dedicated servers for EU region? Because if its cut and paste what makes you think EU will be any better? If NCS is up to something if they are crashing NA servers to cause a mass exodus and EU servers havent even come online yet.....what make anyone think they will ever see the light of day?

3 hours ago, 1s920E2-KT said:

So question, is EU SERVERS a different version of Aion? Or do they just cut/paste Aion onto dedicated servers for EU region? Because if its cut and paste what makes you think EU will be any better? If NCS is up to something if they are crashing NA servers to cause a mass exodus and EU servers havent even come online yet.....what make anyone think they will ever see the light of day?

EU is published by a different company. I used to think they were way worse than NCWest but I don't think that's the case anymore. EU is a big enough market that they have commanded their own changes to the game before. Aion ended up being way more popular in Europe than America. 

Siege rewards have NOT been addressed.

HP values on the Dux were drastically reduced on Kysis siege, but mailed compensation still results in sapphire medals boxes instead of platinum medals.

Ap relic turn in rate is still poor. I had to dump 300k in relics today because i have no more inventory space.

Manastones and enchantment stones are so rare and that the demand has shot what little is left to unobtainabke heights for new players. You can't even socket a new piece of gear if you are a melee class, there aren't enough of the top tier manastones to get it done.

Ran 2 Beshmundir temple 2 times, got 1 eternal. Doesn't feel like a double loot buff to me,  albeit it is a small sample size of attempts. 

The stigma situation is stupid but you guys are so dramatic about it. You can easily hit 55 without stigmas. They just gave everyone a 30m hat for and 15m jewelry for free. Literally just log in and you get enough money for stigmas.

The stigma situation its more than stupid, its awfull. For example: "splendor of purification" one of the important stigmas for clerics is so rare, how will you farm it? I was so often in theobomos and steelrake, never see it drop. When you see it on broker, its so expensive, that you cant afford it...

23 minutes ago, Locke said:

The stigma situation is stupid but you guys are so dramatic about it. You can easily hit 55 without stigmas. They just gave everyone a 30m hat for and 15m jewelry for free. Literally just log in and you get enough money for stigmas.

Availability is a problem.

eg. Clerics are struggling to obtain Splendor of Purification, a low level basic stigma.

I am sure most classes have a similar stories.

4 hours ago, Locke said:

Let's think about this for more than 5 seconds. 

A new player creates their character and levels to 55.

They got a free "30m hat" and "15m neck" but as a fresh 55, what do you think they are currently wearing? Those free items were not money makers for new players, they would've used them.

People say 30m hat is rich, then they forget the hundreds of millions you have to spend on enchanting gear.

30m for a hat is nothing.

One of the biggest faults in Aion Classic is the manastone socketing failure rate. That can easily cost you hundreds of millions.

I know several people that left Aion because they felt they could never get competitive gear due to manastone failures, yet that "feature" has never been fixed.

It wouldn't surprise me if RNG failures were the main negative reinforcement that caused the lack of commercial success of Aion in North America.

Americans expect higher quality which doesn't break, regardless if in real life or in a game when they are paying money for it.

5 hours ago, Aijumi said:

The stigma situation its more than stupid, its awfull. For example: "splendor of purification" one of the important stigmas for clerics is so rare, how will you farm it? I was so often in theobomos and steelrake, never see it drop. When you see it on broker, its so expensive, that you cant afford it...

Like I just wrote... you can afford that stigma by selling the 45m in items they just gave you. I bought the same stigma for 25m not long ago. I paid more for stigmas at launch too.

You don't even need gear to play pve cleric. You could probably socket steel rake with white HP manastones and be mostly ready for BT. That stigma is literally the only significant upgrade.

Not to mention that the vast majority of clerics who have healing stigmas are running DPS spec full time anyway, which just makes this whole "I can't play the game" thing laughable.