Asmodian Leader Wanted

Naduah

Asmodians need a leader. 

A leader does not need to be super geared or be in the top three spots for transformation (That would be nice)

We can sit around and talk about gear deficiency and P2W but that is a secondary issue.

One of the main reasons we do not have a leader is that Asmodians only know how to cry and complain.

We cry we have no leader 

We insult and talk badly to the people that try to lead.

We do not listen to the people putting in the effort to lead us.

Tonight's siege was pathetic 

If someone wants to step up and lead I will support you and my legion will support you

Nobody over there wants to hear it from me, but for real even if no one wants that responsibility or accountability the Asmodians at least need coordination. Make a discord, make plans, make sure everyone's on the same page. I know drama and blah blah but if you can at least point people at the same fortress with more than 120 seconds before the siege starts, the difference will be significant. Debate fort rotations an hour before siege, not 2 minutes before siege. Asmos have pretty gosh darn significant ReFly-era fort buffs across the board (except Gelk) so basic coordination would go a long way.

10 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

Aria you could always reroll. 

I really couldn't. NCKR has made sure that starting from scratch is as hard as it can possibly be; with as many walls as possible between a fresh account and even moderately competitive standards.

I've thought about it before tbh, but the time investment is just so punishing for something I'm only mildly curious to see the outcome of.

Besides I'd just do what I already said to do; make a discord and discuss strategy and options ahead of siege time :P

Yeah I know, just being facetious.

We have 2 problems right now. Not enough people to lead, unless you come in fairly small numbers or not at all (Mastarius 2 times ago). Losing people pretty fast. Second is NC has, shall we say, accidentally ruined siege? All the strongest players can't participate in siege because they have to get GP everywhere. Some don't care about rank, but last Divine when it was Balaur I couldn't count much past 30 people. NC has to take some responsibility. I think they fixed Divine at least where you don't get 500 gp for losing and killing one mob.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I really couldn't. NCKR has made sure that starting from scratch is as hard as it can possibly be; with as many walls as possible between a fresh account and even moderately competitive standards.

I've thought about it before tbh, but the time investment is just so punishing for something I'm only mildly curious to see the outcome of.

Besides I'd just do what I already said to do; make a discord and discuss strategy and options ahead of siege time :P

No amounts of coordination can overcome the sheer gear and number disparity. We have tried going to silona, buff and all and we still get overrun. 

You have answered yourself why it doesnt work, maybe without even understanding it, the time investment means we dont get new players, even less so when they realize that our faction doesnt get most of the world events, theres really no reason to spend months in getting geared and have nothing to do. There are a lot of new players asking how to do Ardath and Agents or world bosses and the answer is usually "we dont, elyos get those" and i'm not going to be the one lying to them that its worth playing asmo just to have them for the meat grinder, so one of two things happen, they either quit all together or reroll elyos to actually play the game and have it worth investing the time and possibly money in gearing up, which adds to the problem but it is what it is, at least they get to do something in this game.

So keep thinking that if we just coordinate we can win everything, at this point we can only win if you don't show up at all, and you have too many people that feed of others misery and will show up just so that we dont get it, even tho they dont need anything from it anymore, you were at Gelk fortress few days ago, you know who i mean, imagine being so bored that you come and raid our fortress every other day just to kill afk players and alts and chiki still feels the need to insult people calling them/us noobs while spending 6 figures or more on the game.

34 minutes ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Should be enough to get all 7-8 pieces of paragon weapon+armor to +15 during Paragon promotion campaigns

As well as an extra 3 +15 Unerring armor pieces for MR set

Really, have you tried tho, because i've heard of people spending 1000s of dollars during the last weeks paragon sale and couldnt even get a single piece to +10, and you think you can make +15 at 0.2% chance at each step?

And how much does getting Yustiel/Lumiel cost in snowballs from bots(i heard people bought 1000s of prisms from bot owners to get them), or +10/+11 runes and gemstones, all the hp ancient collections? 

7 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

No amounts of coordination can overcome the sheer gear and number disparity. We have tried going to silona, buff and all and we still get overrun. 

You have answered yourself why it doesnt work, maybe without even understanding it, the time investment means we dont get new players, even less so when they realize that our faction doesnt get most of the world events, theres really no reason to spend months in getting geared and have nothing to do. There are a lot of new players asking how to do Ardath and Agents or world bosses and the answer is usually "we dont, elyos get those" and i'm not going to be the one lying to them that its worth playing asmo just to have them for the meat grinder, so one of two things happen, they either quit all together or reroll elyos to actually play the game and have it worth investing the time and possibly money in gearing up, which adds to the problem but it is what it is, at least they get to do something in this game.

So keep thinking that if we just coordinate we can win everything, at this point we can only win if you don't show up at all, and you have too many people that feed of others misery and will show up just so that we dont get it, even tho they dont need anything from it anymore, you were at Gelk fortress few days ago, you know who i mean, imagine being so bored that you come and raid our fortress every other day just to kill afk players and alts and chiki still feels the need to insult people calling them/us noobs while spending 6 figures or more on the game.

your totally right, no amount of coordination  is gonna help our side at all, we are simply outnumbered and out geared period. if the asmo's try for anything say a wb if we bring 24  u bring 36-48 or more  or some ridiculously geared players  majority of the time and just stomp our ass's and laugh about it and take the wb while greifing us.  im sure most of the ele pop is running around with crit dm/def of 200 or more , u get literally all the contracts , all the weps from wb's all the gems, all the runes, so anymore with the few numbers we do have which are dwindling down slowly but surly why bother  anymore. the only was we we get is by instance rc for gems or events. as far as paragon, i cant say for sure how may asmo's have what, i know myself i have  terrible luck with it , any armor ive gotten and tried to enchant has blown up , so the only paragon item i do have is a bow at +3 which i am using only blessed stones on but the stupid bow wont go past 3, and i sure as hell wont drop thousands of dollars  into the game for pvp gear . it should be like the old days earn it, and be able to enchant it without having to take out a 2nd  on your house.  you might read this and think im totally wrong, but seriously look how lopsided the game is.  but hey its just a game, so do what u can do , and if u never get then whatever , and if you get your ass handed to u  most of the time from being under geared and greifed aboout it then so be it

Currently it is known that the first two leaders of Asmodea are almost Elyos, so what do we worry about? even if the Asmodian faction disappears NC will do nothing about it. Leaders or not we still lack too much equipment to at least be able to make much of the content that we do not even try because of the disparity that exists, do you really think it is fun to play aion when one of the factions has neither half the players nor half the quality of items than the other?.
the Elyos take 5 of 7 fortresses in each siege (now all), they can with all the WBs of both Apsaranta and the other maps. An average player on the elyos side has 5 or even 6 times better equipment and collection than the average Asmodian player not to mention the demand for items since it is the only "way" that an Asmodiano can equip himself and what does NC do to improve all this?, Nothing, absolutely nothing. There is no door in the base of gelkmaros or resistance that prevents highly equipped players like Chikiboom of the opposing faction from entering and killing everyone The mods of this game do not care about any of this as long as people keep putting money and that is why other versions have up to more players than this version and unfortunately given the mismanagement of this, This game every day has fewer and fewer players

Pretty much what everyone said. We did best when we had multiple people leading - its too much for one person with the huge imbalance. At this point someone who steps up is only doomed to failure. NC's changes to siege sealed the fate of any decent siege. We have to wait for some changes before throwing some leader(s) to the wolves.

You know it's quite sad you all complain that its imbalanced, however you guys have won multiple Mastarius defenses on multiple occasions.   It's clear that you lack leadership but your never going to get ANY better telling people to stop speaking spanish in LFG.....i mean you guys just need to find a way to communicate better and stop attacking each other, because that's never going to solve anything.   Top 3 help when they are organized yes, but we have won many fights with only 1 or none, it's possible just need to coordinate targets.  Alot of the asmo don't even care about siege because of all that bickering that it's this person's fault or the other person's fault.  Want to change work on fixing your own relationships and don't give up after one wipe,  baffles me how you can win Mastarius but not a fort.... and before you rant n rave that its Kromede or BCM's fault ..... we used to have the same issues long ago but we worked it out and now everyone works together no matter who's top 3....when we fail we fail no blame or fingers pointed.....maybe you guys should stop raging and MAYBE they would help you but that's my opinion

Good luck 

18 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

So keep thinking that if we just coordinate we can win everything

I've said it a hundred times already: if you think "you'll never win if you never try" means "try and you will in everything every time" then you literally don't deserve a single win at all. Not ever.

Now I'm gonna focus on siege here because that was (I'm pretty sure) what inspired the thread.

No amounts of coordination can overcome the sheer gear and number disparity.

That's what the buff system is for. Rokie tried to lead today and that was a good thing he did and I commend him for it and every other Asmo should be too, but I won't pretend like it wasn't a bad play. Asmodians chose the fortress which has no buff system and also spent the Commander xform before the first gate went down. Two instant-loss decisions back to back. A learning experience for next time though.

We have tried going to silona, buff and all and we still get overrun. 

I don't think the Asmodians have realised that until just a month or two ago, the buff system in Crimson Kata was bugged and applied the old 4.0 L1-L9 buff system instead of the OP broken ReFly L1-5 system. The buff there is OP, and at L4 and L5 it has a passive percentage-based autoheal and xforms are enabled on those maps now. To my memory, the Asmodians have not made a real attempt on either of these fortresses since the buff fix + raised buff level. This is despite the fact that everyone with gear + rank starts on these forts anyway so if you'd just put the rest of the faction there ahead of time there's a point where we literally cannot stop you from taking it because the buff is too strong.

Depending on the buff might not be ideal but it's a lot more rewards than what you get for having no forts at all.

As a leader on the Elyos side I'll give you a little peak behind the curtain; we completely rely on the fact that Asmodians will give up forts that they definitely could win (via buff or other circumstances) out of intimidation. High buffs on a fort like Pradeth; where the Commander Stun radius hits the entire dux room, would be a miracle for us to win but we focus on tactics that are more likely to scare off the Asmodians like using their gate/breaking their inner gate instead of our own. It's posturing.

On the other hand, the Asmodians don't have tactics at all. The closest thing I can call a strategy is to wait until the last possible second to give orders in order to dodge confrontation with the Elyos or in fear of being spied on. I did just say that we'd be riding the strugglebus if we had to fight Asmos for a Pradeth dux, but there are things the Asmos do which give us advantages; such as not having a plan, xforming at inopportune times, not coordinating at all, DPSing the dux down to like 40% and then getting steamrolled by the faction they let RG outside. 

Trying isn't an autowin, having a leader isn't an autowin, and having the buff isn't an autowin. But if the whole faction really tries, and you have informed leadership and the buff is a high level, then I don't honestly see what Elyos could do to stop a loss in CKT; especially w/o artifacts and especially on a pink fort (non-defense).

On tactics absolutely right. No one actually even cares. Siege is now all the strong people farm GP while everyone else does things that make you facepalm. It is irrelevant. I mean on top of paragon monsters and double the transformations and just total numbers Elyos don't need tactics. Half the time people trying to lead don't go to the next siege because everyone blames them or maybe they feel like they failed. 

It is strictly numbers. We got Mastarius because 0 Elyos came. Last time 100-30 Kurumy said and 40 to 20 trans, plus multiple commander stuns and 170k HP people who dont take damage from even the strongest dps we have in the game tanking everyone because no one listens when you give good advice and instead "PUSH PUSH PUSH" right into milions of damage in middle of Mastarius. 

People don't care about siege much now, as agent and ardath before and soon as mastarius.

My gosh you still need people animation hacking too. Everyone knows who they are, but NC refuses to address it even though it is OBVIOUS if they look at packet captures and logs. 

Last on toxicity, well there are a lot of problems there. The best geared asmos are gone or don't participate or just useless abusive fks like one of our vandals who broker bots and steals and catfishes even! So yeah most of us get along well, but then there's rotten people and then theres people who've been ostracized. Kromede still comes to Mastarius even though he gets trashed every siege. Totally NOT the way to solve our problems.

Anyway things are so bad now no one even goes to WBs. PVP is pointless since you get destroyed by Beast or Casinitrate or have to deal with a zerg including noani hackers. Even YPW, the king of sorcs, can't do any damage to a lot of Elyos with insanely high stats. 

Anyway, no one should be banging their head on the wall attending impossible fights and getting crushed into the ground...that just makes things even worse and more people quit. How about give us Beauty and Beast and the team and we go 40 vs 90 see how things go?! :P What we need is morale boosting moments, more time to catch up, and now legion adjustments since Revenge is not the same. If we made a "One" or back when we had a discord and organized if they didn't alienate half the faction maybe things would improve. I think things just have to get worse before they get better and we need an assist from NC or we are completely screwed come Amulet.

IMO Asmo should take time off and just do whatever they want. I don't like when people send them to the slaughter or don't have the parts to call it when it is hopeless. It is damaging and another problem.

I mean we could go on and on about our problems. They are mentioned above too. BTW we did have a leadership coalition at least 8 or 9 involved, but lack of success really destroyed morale and deterred many attempts. Last agent was 7 vs 70! No one even cares anymore - yet no one ever tried to control timer. *shrug* just enjoy what we can and try get better and let legions reorganize and hope for an assist from NCsoft. 

5 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I've said it a hundred times already: if you think "you'll never win if you never try" means "try and you will in everything every time" then you literally don't deserve a single win at all. Not ever.

Now I'm gonna focus on siege here because that was (I'm pretty sure) what inspired the thread.

That's what the buff system is for. Rokie tried to lead today and that was a good thing he did and I commend him for it and every other Asmo should be too, but I won't pretend like it wasn't a bad play. Asmodians chose the fortress which has no buff system and also spent the Commander xform before the first gate went down. Two instant-loss decisions back to back. A learning experience for next time though.

I don't think the Asmodians have realised that until just a month or two ago, the buff system in Crimson Kata was bugged and applied the old 4.0 L1-L9 buff system instead of the OP broken ReFly L1-5 system. The buff there is OP, and at L4 and L5 it has a passive percentage-based autoheal and xforms are enabled on those maps now. To my memory, the Asmodians have not made a real attempt on either of these fortresses since the buff fix + raised buff level. This is despite the fact that everyone with gear + rank starts on these forts anyway so if you'd just put the rest of the faction there ahead of time there's a point where we literally cannot stop you from taking it because the buff is too strong.

Depending on the buff might not be ideal but it's a lot more rewards than what you get for having no forts at all.

As a leader on the Elyos side I'll give you a little peak behind the curtain; we completely rely on the fact that Asmodians will give up forts that they definitely could win (via buff or other circumstances) out of intimidation. High buffs on a fort like Pradeth; where the Commander Stun radius hits the entire dux room, would be a miracle for us to win but we focus on tactics that are more likely to scare off the Asmodians like using their gate/breaking their inner gate instead of our own. It's posturing.

On the other hand, the Asmodians don't have tactics at all. The closest thing I can call a strategy is to wait until the last possible second to give orders in order to dodge confrontation with the Elyos or in fear of being spied on. I did just say that we'd be riding the strugglebus if we had to fight Asmos for a Pradeth dux, but there are things the Asmos do which give us advantages; such as not having a plan, xforming at inopportune times, not coordinating at all, DPSing the dux down to like 40% and then getting steamrolled by the faction they let RG outside. 

Trying isn't an autowin, having a leader isn't an autowin, and having the buff isn't an autowin. But if the whole faction really tries, and you have informed leadership and the buff is a high level, then I don't honestly see what Elyos could do to stop a loss in CKT; especially w/o artifacts and especially on a pink fort (non-defense).

Again with this fallacy that we never tried, when its been said to you a hundred times that we have tried dozens of times and the outcome was always the same, we tried for agent, we tried for ardath, we tried for world bosses before that and the more we tried the more of you came and we usually had some parity at start when we would push back and forth, but then the numbers alone will tip the scale off, where you would have twice or more the numbers and nothing we do will matter, at which point trying further just brings more frustration, nothing else because we have no chance of getting it once you outnumber us and this frustration lead to people quitting to the point that we cant even get enough people to even try anymore.

That is what always happens, the more we try the more of you come and you saying that some brilliant strategy could make us win against 2-3 times the numbers and being greatly overgeared because getting even FS weapons on our side is a tall order for most players, is just lying to yourself or others. And thats not even mentioning when the Beavis and Butt-Heads' group gets wind and decide to come mess with us just "for fun". Which is every single time we try anything, but yeah its easy to talk who deserves what when you are on the winning team, isnt it.  "Oh i would reroll to show you it can be done", but yeah nah, its too hard apparently.

wow you guys playing a different server lmao.

Is this not a thread for the Katalam server when a group of stacked elyos wiped all the asmos that were going for divine ?

I mean yes sure it works better if you decide to believe that the contestant is up to the same level and you just won because you are better. However, it can be considered naive (at the best) to not take into account the facts such as that asmos are less, demotivated and undergeared.

There is indeed geared asmos but those are mostly the ones who either spent a good amount OR those who have made their life's goal to bot and get kinah.

Now consider that asmos are literally taking nothing from WBs or anywhere else which in NA is the only source of Prime runes and the primary source of dazzlings. Taking this into account and doing some maths the demand on the amso side cannot be met hence the prices will go up and the only people that can afford those stuff are the bots.

The only way to keep up has been the events as an alternative source of goodies such as Traits paragon stones etc but this is not the case anymore so the gap becomes wider.

Ultimately Elyos will be fighting with geared bots and few asmos that can keep up. Eventually, even the asmos that care will quite cause what is the point? Aion is meant to be a faction war game but at this point, I believe the NA retail has reached its game over the stage the Asmo faction has been defeated on many levels.

PS. Even if NC west was putting everything in the shop the Latino population would never be able to pay the American prices. Localisation of prices would help the server a lot. A great example is AION EU. If you are in doubt go browse the eu broker and see how much healthier it is even for the non-dominant faction. 

I used to believe that EU is P2W but the thing is AION NA is P2W as well which is expected at this stage of this game the difference is that AION EU is F2P friendly and the stuff you buy represents your local currency economy.

You guys won. And like every game, once the game is over you either restart the same game or find a new game.

1 hour ago, Viseris-KT said:

Again with this fallacy that we never tried.

That's not what I said, try reading it again.

4 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

Elyos don't need tactics.

Elyos tactics are just about leveraging the advantages we have and trying to trick asmos into positions favourable to us. It's true that we're not 4D Chess-ing Asmos out of otherwise resounding successes; Asmos are going to lose because, well that's the thread :P But the difference between tactics and no tactics on the Elyos side is how badly the Asmos lose. Heck, when there's no leadership on Elyos side sometimes Asmos even sneak and Ingg fort. Happened twice back to back a few weeks ago.

55 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

wow you guys playing a different server lmao.

Aren't you the guy playing the Gameforge server? That's what I heard anyway.

55 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

I mean yes sure it works better if you decide to believe that the contestant is up to the same level and you just won because you are better. However, it can be considered naive (at the best) to not take into account the facts such as that asmos are less, demotivated and undergeared.

Trust me, we're acutely aware of our advantages and the significant disparity between the two factions. You'll never catch me saying we're on equal footing, but some people really take the dooming too far. I bet there's people on this thread who still believe that screenshot of a +13 Paragon Mace is real and not a photoshopped meme.

1 hour ago, Malloc-KT said:

There is indeed geared asmos but those are mostly the ones who either spent a good amount OR those who have made their life's goal to bot and get kinah.

The commentary that Aion's progression is gated behind too much to ask of the average player is something I hold in my heart. I have friends who want to play this with me but it's simply too difficult or expensive for them to so much as dip their toes in the water.

1 hour ago, Malloc-KT said:

I used to believe that EU is P2W but the thing is AION NA is P2W as well which is expected at this stage of this game the difference is that AION EU is F2P friendly and the stuff you buy represents your local currency economy.

[┐∵]┘Beep boop └[∵┌]  Gameforge Advertisement detected! 

1 minute ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

You do indeed represent the average Elyos player left on NA servers.

I have indeed stopped playing NA for the above reasons.

In order to form an opinion you need to have various inputs/information hence the comparison.

I am sorry that it is not in favour of the server you pumped your money in.

@AriaTheMelodious-DN No what you said is basically, keep trying even if you are losing 100-0, otherwise you wont deserve the 1 time "we" let you win. But sure lets play semantics. 

What advantages are you leveraging, your numbers and gears, please explain what advantages do we have in your scenario that your twisting in your head to convince yourself and others that we are on an equal playing field?

Edited by Viseris-KT

Just now, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I play for free, I'm just meming the GF Ad because I think it's ToS but have doubts it'll be moderated @0@ 

So literally you want me to get banned so my argument goes away. LoL fair.

BTW I did not mention GF you did. I just mentioned a different region of the Game. Surprisingly AION is published in more than one country.

Instead of playing games to get people banned, you should focus your effort to make this game better by learning from other regions such as EU, KR etc.

1 minute ago, Viseris-KT said:

@AriaTheMelodious-DN No what you said is basically, keep trying even if you are losing 100-0, otherwise you wont deserve the 1 time "we" let you win. But sure lets play semantics. 

No, what I said is that you will never win if you don't try. What I said on this thread was that if you think "no try = no win" means "try = guaranteed win" then you don't deserve a win at all. That kind of binary thinking is bot-tier. 

2 minutes ago, Viseris-KT said:

What advantages are you playing, your numbers and gears, please explain what advantages do we have in your scenario that your playing in your head to convince yourself and others that we are on an equal playing field?

I literally just finished a message in which I explicitly say: " Asmos are going to lose" and "You'll never catch me saying we're on equal footing". If you read that and still believe that I think the Asmos are just as good or just as capable then I don't know what can be said to make it more clear. 

If you're asking "how do you possibly see the Asmodians winning a siege?" Then the answer is: Level 4-5 ReFly buff on CKT fort, probably easier when pink but just as possible during Elyos defense. On L4/5 your PVE/P atk and def are boosted significantly beyond gear level and you have an auto percentage based heal. On top of that, CKT forts have no Frigid Storm or mutation clutches, and both dux rooms are small enough that Asmodian transforms (again, receiving passive percentage based heals per the buff) can drop stuns on the entire room and wipe the Elyos who have to tank them + the dux, who would likely be casting annihilation since it's harder to bug during PVP. EVEN IF that was too whacko for you to image, then consider both CKT forts are pink. Elyos can only be at one at a time and the portals close after 30min. Asmo PVEDPS will be way higher (per the ReFly buff) so Asmos could take a CKT fort with no PVP whatsoever given a high enough buff and coordinated participation.

If you wanna say "Asmos could never cos they aren't coordinated" then congratulations, that's the topic of the thread╭(◔ ◡ ◔)/ 

4 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

So literally you want me to get banned so my argument goes away. LoL fair.

Instead of playing games to get people banned, you should focus your effort to make this game better by learning from other regions such as EU, KR etc.

That's such a bad faith interpretation of what I said. I basically pointed and went "hah, funny" and that's all the brain power that went into that. I thought the goofy robot emoticons would have given away that this was a very light bantering └[∵┌]└[ ∵ ]┘[┐∵]┘

Also, you didn't make an argument. You just said that the game is not inviting to people (I agree) and that Elyos are deluded if they think the Asmos are on equal footing, which I also agree with because nobody thinks the Asmos are as capable or as stacked as the Elyos. On a second read, I literally agree with basically everything you said, my dude. Game is hard for noobs, game is one-sided, and anyone who thinks it's fair 'n square is a fool :P

@AriaTheMelodious-DNSo you keep contradicting yourself but still think that you are making a coherent argument. I tell you that every time we try we lose, thats why we dont try anymore because its pointless and just feeds the ego of the wallet warriors, and you keep saying that if we dont try we wont win, when you later yourself admit that " Asmos are going to lose" and "You'll never catch me saying we're on equal footing". So which is it, coz you cant have it both ways?  

Edited by Viseris-KT