Weekly Server Maintenance - March 8, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Primali

15 hours ago, Primali said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Empyrean Lord's Blessing Event Begins
  • Issue with AP acquisition for Relic Exchange is not boosted with Siel's Aura
    • AP Acquisition for Relic Exchange will be adjusted during the maintenance on March 15th
    • Compensation will be delivered to the players who had Siel's Aura Subscription during February 15 - March 15th

Thank you!

This is legitimately insulting. A whole 5 greater healing pots, 1 manastone, a boon, and a cube expansion ticket? The events we used to have in retail were usually awesome and fun and CONTRIBUTED to the economy. This whole new patch has been a joke. We were given ABG gear and an instance that lasts 15min? And that’s it? We’re tired. We’re tired of the same content over and over and over again. And it couldn’t have even been implemented correctly and its taking you a month to fix the issues that are literally a few lines of code? It takes me three days to get a new char to 55, and gear it within two weeks. There’s only so much BTHM and U/LUT I can run before wanting to claw my eyes out. Sieges are somewhat fun again, so I’ll give you that, but what’s the point of them in abyss when the medals are still nyerked. 

Going by the original post I think the compensation is meant to be coming on the 15th of march when we will supposedly get the fix... The GHPs are just part of the event's regular login rewards I think

Upper abyss forts are not giving the correct reward. It's still giving us sapphire medals. In Korea the rewards are Platinum medals and fragments. Not having upper abyss giving the correct reward has really stunted progress on obtaining the new gear. Some of my friends feel like the grind is so daunting now that they don't even bother to log in. We need this fixed asap so the people on the west coast can participate in siege that isn't gelkmaros and inggison forts.

Oof, I guess I came back and started new  March 7 on classic at a bad time. I even paid for the Siel's Aura then while playing as a new toon, that the drops were terrible and thinking, well maybe it is because I am in the starting area.  After ascending I noticed LFG and people talking about the drops and I decided to look on Forums. Man if I knew this was a on going problem I would have not came back, Loved retail from back in the day and was hoping classic would be that nostalgic game I loved before retail got ruined just to realize that classic is already on a downward spiral. 

6 minutes ago, Synnister said:

Oof, I guess I came back and started new  March 7 on classic at a bad time. I even paid for the Siel's Aura then while playing as a new toon, that the drops were terrible and thinking, well maybe it is because I am in the starting area.  After ascending I noticed LFG and people talking about the drops and I decided to look on Forums. Man if I knew this was a on going problem I would have not came back, Loved retail from back in the day and was hoping classic would be that nostalgic game I loved before retail got ruined just to realize that classic is already on a downward spiral. 

Since Aion classic EU is coming soon, they are slacking off.😂

Apparently they just plan to keep on ignoring the issues, and just sit around saying "this is fine" as the world burns around them.  Meanwhile can't even muster up a community response to the tons of people complaining about the issues in this thread. The moment the bottom line is mentioned, its off to the penalty box you go though. 

I, and apparently plenty of others, just want to be able to actually play the game. At this rate however, good luck getting anywhere.

12 minutes ago, Gaboback said:

What about the players who used their crowns/goblets after they stated that the ap exchange wasn't meant to be boosted?

Those players made a bad decision, the could have also gone to a relic AP NPC that paid out even less than the one in Core. Their choice.

23 hours ago, Primali said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Empyrean Lord's Blessing Event Begins
  • Issue with AP acquisition for Relic Exchange is not boosted with Siel's Aura
    • AP Acquisition for Relic Exchange will be adjusted during the maintenance on March 15th
    • Compensation will be delivered to the players who had Siel's Aura Subscription during February 15 - March 15th

Thank you!

This game is still pretty broken. No one can loot anything, no one can get gear since AP and medals aren't fixed, no one is doing upper sieges since there is literally no point. We need quite a bit of compensation at this point or a lot of people will likely leave. These broken parts are exactly why I haven't bought an event pass this go around. If I had known this would happen I probably wouldn't have bought a Siel's Aura either. 

Stop putting off fixing your game...

11 hours ago, Fathom said:

People need to log on to Twitter aion ops and publicly show what this provider is doing. It may or may not help, but it's starting to feel like theft. 4 weeks of this shi. Is a long time

You know.. I would've agreed with you but, Given that I go through the Aionops twitter to get here,  I kid you not, in 6 months i've outdone their follower count by just making garbage content.  All.. as of...  10:26PM est 3/8/23 561 people that viewed the maintenance post  could complain if they wanted, their outreach is so small on the platform now their own self mad irrelevancy would just let them ignore that too.   

Seriously, they have a multi million dollar branch just sitting here pissing profit margins away out of sheer negligence and stupidity.   I'd ask how their investors feel about the treatment of the western branch, but given the significantly large downsizing that's happening and the fact all current job postings are for newer projects, they're going to let this die.   It's been their plan since 2.0 launched and it didn't perform up to expectations over here.  They'll never publically admit it, but watching your 'flagship' IP  that carried you for a decade pull in roughly 400 players on the western servers about 260 of which are bots..? Yeah, they're letting this ship sink.   The sad part is they'll be quicker to ban my ass for telling you the truth than they are to address any of your legitimate complaints,  If I get silenced, you know I'm right. 

21 hours ago, Ukanomitama-KT said:

Can't wait to use those 5 great healing pots all week and the 1 admin boon next one and for the one manastone u give us to fail on socket 10/10 useless event its actually insulting. 

The empyrean lords are poor lol economy is not good!

11 hours ago, Lychee said:

It is wild that they just disappear off the face of the earth after making the maintenance post lol. 

Not wild. It’s been a single offshore intern running this show. If you were intern working remotely and your CEO just quit you wouldnt give a shit either

Edited by Fumoffu-KT

@Loki @Primali @EMpulse @Roseae Honestly not this hard to communicate and answer your community.  Even if don't have the answers a response on all the broken stuff and progression being slow because of it would go a long way.  Ignoring us doesn't help.  You don't need Korea to give out compensation to address these issues while you get fixed.

That's it for me. I tried coming back to an official server of this game I've been playing on and off for over a decade but I can't do it. I have no motivation to get new gear because I know I won't be able to socket it. I've just been logging on to do medal dailies and siege since the drop rates were destroyed but I don't even want to do that anymore. 

Congrats NCWest, you're worse than a private server.

It honestly amazes me that some of you are still surprised with NCW mismanagement. Once you realize that it's never going to change you will be able to enjoy what you have, or not enjoy it at all.

They will not improve. It's been 15+ years... please, wake up! It is what it is. Give them money to enjoy the little that they provide or leave. Only you have the power to stop yourself from giving them money for something that you don't enjoy anymore, so do it!

I know, we would love to see the game improve, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. IT WON'T! STOP!

• Roseae unpinned this topic