What keeps you playing?

Sinari

I am a new player and from looking at the forums and the reaction of people on the server, I see that you guys aren't getting the full game that you deserve. Bot issues, siege issues, drops issues having a battle pass that helps a lot and a monthly sub big population drops. I just wonder  why would people continue to play and it leads me to question why I would keep playing. It just seems in every aspect of the game the players are being somewhat ignored.  I mean no disrespect in this post but I'm just honestly curious and sorry if someone already did this post.

I've been seeing more and more new players coming into this game, and it sucks that they are coming into this.

Honestly, the main reason why everyone has not quit yet is the investment that people already put into the game. When everything works, this game is fantastic for a 15 year old game. 

Some could say nastalgia, but the community is what keeps the people together usually. Some of the players here I've known for 12 years.

Mechanically, this is the best pvp game I have personally played; with Lost Ark coming in second. PVE was also ahead of its time mechanically. The end game here is fairly well done if you like PvP. 

NCSoft developers are 10/10 when making games, but what drags the games down is the marketing by NCSoft that does not attract the western market. THey never tried understanding this market, which is the reason why it fails over and over again. NCWest is the publisher but after reading the glassdoor reviews, they don't have any power in game/marketing making decisions. 

So if you like PvP, this is definitely the game to go to. Though it is a big learning curve since most of the players here have been playing for 10+ years who know every class's mechanics. 

To add to this, if you are a new player, look elsewhere. You'll just waste your time being frustrated in the end when you realize you gotta grind 6 months for top gear while there are no enchantment/manastones.

I would say wait for Throne and Liberty. With Amazon publishing the game there is definitely a better chance of it being successfull than NCWest doing it. 

There is no mmorpg like it. Its the Story the Ascendance metaphor, eastern,  indicative wording of the visionary fiction. The themes are pleasing, 15 years is not that old. I am still playing  Chrono Cross, trigger 1995/ Watching Anime like Akira, the original ghost in the shell anime film, Ninja scroll. I know what these these things mean.

I still find....I fight for games/things like this. These are  treasures, I reflect. Why oppose the game for a short lived Kinah issue? Classic is Aion. Your fortunate to be playing. First the correction, now you have Aion back in the form of classic. Aion hits some Triggers, I think it good for new players of the right sort one way or the other.

No dialog should be changed or altered even as things truly themselves. I would not recommend players away to likely, that awful fad of even, low eq/iq mind numbing idiocy, ''certain other games'' though you might not have a temp coin issues there, given the nature of it...this hardly matters.

On a semi related note, would you recommend away from the collected works of HP Lovecraft, because of a slight paper issue (aged) in your original copy, to reality TV star Bio's?

On 3/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Sinari said:

I am a new player and from looking at the forums and the reaction of people on the server, I see that you guys aren't getting the full game that you deserve. Bot issues, siege issues, drops issues having a battle pass that helps a lot and a monthly sub big population drops. I just wonder  why would people continue to play and it leads me to question why I would keep playing. It just seems in every aspect of the game the players are being somewhat ignored.  I mean no disrespect in this post but I'm just honestly curious and sorry if someone already did this post.

tbh Friends. If I didn't have the  people I run with to play together  and deal with sh i t together I wouldn't bother, there so many other games to play that actually have mods and a community that takes care of it. Aion is a neglected game and its upsetting to see how they treat our NA side. Its not that hard to find fixes for things and its certainly not that hard to listen to your community and make sure they feel like they are being heard instead of brushing things under the carpet and acting like everything is okay.