Weekly Server Maintenance - April 4, 2023 [Aion Classic] - New Day and Time

Primali

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 12:00 a.m. CET (April 5), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

Thank you!

Let me get this straight. You change the  maintenance 3 hours before Iggy/Gelk siege. If maintenance were to delay, we would miss out on siege/2nd dredge timer. 
Not everyone will login right away when the server goes up. If one side has more people they get to siege and get medals while the other does nothing. Can't even defend the fort if it were to get dredged. Not everyone will sit there for 2 hours to check if the server is up. 

Do you even think about the game before making all these changes? I guess not. Good job on making the game less and less enjoyable to play. If you want all of us to move to EU just say so, dont have to drag out this toxic relationship. You incompetents. 

Wow. Was NC West this bad at service? are you guys really that Trassssssh? 

Isn't it just simple to reply

1) Yes, we are working on it. Please wait ## times. 

or 2) Im sorry, we can't change drop rate. 

is it so hard to reply just one sentence? 

Even if you can't change the drop rate, just reply so. They won't leave just for the drop rate. They are leaving for your disregard.

Edited by Madecasoi

With the surety of a positive initial play through, and ongoing experiences I write with the expectation  that the hotfix or shortly thereafter will be included that will enable the low level drop as acknowledged by  route game play mechanic...if not now then soon. I look for it rather expectantly every time I log on, and check the mobs then employ drop rate amulet then speculate further each time, in high spirits.

I have a character as originally part of deavonic goal loved in her own right, whose waiting now and I created a loved 6th to save her the experiences with regards and stratagem for she/the other character, so she could have er mana stone drops her adalee night gear, the rings from hanata, and the joy of Divas experience. She the characters mental expectations: she of the minds honored.

Little ''feminine'' Diva character is waiting emp time for her hotfix I remember this in a attitude of expectancy, this will be so.

Having said that I know about the exploiters, and free players and those falsely taking advantage of the game and the little trail to help Aion and how trying that can be, and I agree, the work arounds for the intended expected experience already in place are most helpful.

6 hours ago, Rexsyth-KT said:

@Primali Still no fix for drops and empty broker making it impossible to socket and enchant gear.  event means nothing if the drops are messed up.

It's not a  "fix", the game developers in Korea decided to reduce the open world drop rate, it effects Classic globally, not just NA, so they have to be convinced to change that.

22 minutes ago, Zurl said:

It's not a  "fix", the game developers in Korea decided to reduce the open world drop rate, it effects Classic globally, not just NA, so they have to be convinced to change that.

The drop rates is not something that You can reduce or not. Original drop rates are the part of the aion game. So in that case that is no loner AION Classic game. It will fall down soon like the retail version of AION.
NCSOFT can fkp everything what they create. 

AION CLASSIC is no longer AION game.

Edited by EyesOpenedWide

7 hours ago, ChubbyPanda said:

Let me get this straight. You change the  maintenance 3 hours before Iggy/Gelk siege. If maintenance were to delay, we would miss out on siege/2nd dredge timer. 
Not everyone will login right away when the server goes up. If one side has more people they get to siege and get medals while the other does nothing. Can't even defend the fort if it were to get dredged. Not everyone will sit there for 2 hours to check if the server is up. 

Do you even think about the game before making all these changes? I guess not. Good job on making the game less and less enjoyable to play. If you want all of us to move to EU just say so, dont have to drag out this toxic relationship. You incompetents. 

The forts will be perma Balaur anyway after April 12th.

42 minutes ago, Zurl said:

NCWest could make up for that with surveys giving stigmas/manastones/enchant stones in an amount appropiate for what we are missing for already 2 months.

9 minutes ago, Shirene-DN said:

The forts will be perma Balaur anyway after April 12th.

NCWest could make up for that with surveys giving stigmas/manastones/enchant stones in an amount appropiate for what we are missing for already 2 months.

Yes that will be nice but i think it would not solve the problem. In time of 1 week i was able grind +40 pieces of firm balaur mats (horns, scales, skins etc) plus a lot of different things worth more than self balaur mats. So the value of items in surveys should be not lower than a 350-400mlns of kinah/1 character. Is that possible?

2 hours ago, EyesOpenedWide said:

The drop rates is not something that You can reduce or not. Original drop rates are the part of the aion game. So in that case that is no loner AION Classic game. It will fall down soon like the retail version of AION.
NCSOFT can fkp everything what they create. 

AION CLASSIC is no longer AION game.

You just noticed eh?

Most people noticed from day 1 when Classic had the Aion 2.7 user interface.

Then of course the addition of Tiak instance was a bit of a  dead give away, which I think is an improvement over the original Aion.

Some trolls here are hoping everyone flees to Aion 1.9 on the EU server opening on April 12th.

If the trolls flee to the EU forums, that would be pretty cool.

The drop rates are only a problem because things like manastones fail to often. 

A simple 10% increase in the socketing base success rate, which Loki could probably do if he is still around,  would help that a lot.

I contacted support. They know about the issue and are working on it. (Errr the quality is real real bad. I'll try and fix when I am home, first time trying to post here, sorry.)

Screenshot-20230404-142833.png

Edited by Kalev

39 minutes ago, Kalev said:

I contacted support. They know about the issue and are working on it. (Errr the quality is real real bad. I'll try and fix when I am home, first time trying to post here, sorry.)

Screenshot-20230404-142833.png

They stopped responding to my tickets altogether. After submitting for AP issues, I submitted for the drop rate, then when I got generic answers like that and nothing further had been done, I requested a refund or compensation for the wasted Siels Aura. When I got generic, "We're sorry, you used the in-game time so we can't refund or replace it" responses, I asked for third-party arbitration per the NCWest user agreement. No response. 

People should be more pissed than they are imo. This is amounting to theft at this point. 

On a side note, if anyone has documents from their tickets, I'd love to see those.

55 minutes ago, Airm-DN said:

They stopped responding to my tickets altogether. After submitting for AP issues, I submitted for the drop rate, then when I got generic answers like that and nothing further had been done, I requested a refund or compensation for the wasted Siels Aura. When I got generic, "We're sorry, you used the in-game time so we can't refund or replace it" responses, I asked for third-party arbitration per the NCWest user agreement. No response. 

People should be more pissed than they are imo. This is amounting to theft at this point. 

On a side note, if anyone has documents from their tickets, I'd love to see those.

But we did get AP fixed eventually. It is unique to us in NA Aion Classic based on the community saying "it has worked this way for this long, please give it back". KR doesn't have those core relic turn in rates I don't think? Yes, it's a frustratingly long time to wait for fixes with poor communication on NCSoft's part... But I do appreciate that things are being worked on in some capacity? What we are experiencing right now is the drop rate KR has. They have more players and way more bots so it works for them. The change back in August was custom to us from what I understand. My guess is the rollback disabled it and now NA Aion Classic needs a custom drop rate system which is not an overnight fix. Is it really important and should be first priority? Yeah, but what can we do?

Personally, I'm not surprised they won't refund the aura. It's like a consumable in my opinion. Unless you're also going to ask for the crowns, boons, all green+ loot, exp, etc gained from the aura to be taken off your account? What I am personally doing is canceling my subscriptions until things get resolved and just saving my kinah and dollars until things get better. Not going to buy any expensive manastones or similar off the broker. I can wait... There's things I can do in the meantime.

Here is (hopefully) a better quality version of my ticket. For context, two weeks ago I had done some in game tests with drop rates/farming the same mob and sent them a ticket with all the details and a list of everything I looted to give them some reference.

atv99rI.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kalev said:

But we did get AP fixed eventually. It is unique to us in NA Aion Classic based on the community saying "it has worked this way for this long, please give it back". KR doesn't have those core relic turn in rates I don't think? Yes, it's a frustratingly long time to wait for fixes with poor communication on NCSoft's part... But I do appreciate that things are being worked on in some capacity? What we are experiencing right now is the drop rate KR has. They have more players and way more bots so it works for them. The change back in August was custom to us from what I understand. My guess is the rollback disabled it and now NA Aion Classic needs a custom drop rate system which is not an overnight fix. Is it really important and should be first priority? Yeah, but what can we do?

Personally, I'm not surprised they won't refund the aura. It's like a consumable in my opinion. Unless you're also going to ask for the crowns, boons, all green+ loot, exp, etc gained from the aura to be taken off your account? What I am personally doing is canceling my subscriptions until things get resolved and just saving my kinah and dollars until things get better. Not going to buy any expensive manastones or similar off the broker. I can wait... There's things I can do in the meantime.

Here is (hopefully) a better quality version of my ticket. For context, two weeks ago I had done some in game tests with drop rates/farming the same mob and sent them a ticket with all the details and a list of everything I looted to give them some reference.

atv99rI.jpg

Part of me doubts they are working on it at all. The way I view Seil's Aura is as a service. For me, I was paying and expecting certain things in return. Those things were not provided at no fault of my own so I would like either a refund or in-game compensation. Either works really. In-game compensation would actually be better and would likely retain players (which we are bleeding). 

My problem is, they killed the bots with this mistake AND the drop rate is completely different from retail at this point. Like a nerf, sure. Making any sort of kinah generation practically impossible without botting yourself, not cool.   Additionally, they promised fixes (maybe not for this specifically) but for issues in general by certain dates and have failed to deliver. In any other industry, they would be sued at a minimum. To me, it feels like they are exploiting the fact that they are a game company, and the regulations around paid gaming services like this are loose at best. 

Their lack of communication kinda just makes it worse. Sure, some people still make kinah off of farming-specific mobs and such but I personally don't have time for that. If that's their business model, cool. But that isn't what I paid for *shrugs* 

It's not only a manastone problem. it's a stigma problem as well...  who the nyerk is going to grind level 20-22 mobs for hours to get their stigma ?
how many templar are asking for doom lure ?
If you are going to let the drop rate this way (it might work for KR, but not for NA with current server population)
Could you please make it so that there is a level 20-22 stigma at 100% drop rate at Haramel ? like for nochsana 28 or Steel rake 44-50 ? 
and if you could lower the price of soul sickness, this game punishes enough already.
take those 2 cents.

42 minutes ago, Airm-DN said:

Part of me doubts they are working on it at all. The way I view Seil's Aura is as a service. For me, I was paying and expecting certain things in return. Those things were not provided at no fault of my own so I would like either a refund or in-game compensation. Either works really. In-game compensation would actually be better and would likely retain players (which we are bleeding). 

My problem is, they killed the bots with this mistake AND the drop rate is completely different from retail at this point. Like a nerf, sure. Making any sort of kinah generation practically impossible without botting yourself, not cool.   Additionally, they promised fixes (maybe not for this specifically) but for issues in general by certain dates and have failed to deliver. In any other industry, they would be sued at a minimum. To me, it feels like they are exploiting the fact that they are a game company, and the regulations around paid gaming services like this are loose at best. 

Their lack of communication kinda just makes it worse. Sure, some people still make kinah off of farming-specific mobs and such but I personally don't have time for that. If that's their business model, cool. But that isn't what I paid for *shrugs* 

I know its very frustrating that the drop rates have been removed for over 2 months now , but i dont see anything under siel's membership that says your drop rate is increased because you have membership...Which is why they probably chose to remove world drops from the table.  On the other hand, they figured removing world drops would get rid of botting , in which it did, but bots are essential for any mmo martket to be affordable.  What they actually did was remove bots, so if players wanted to continue the gear grind, they have to buy Quna and sell tickets or candies on the market jus to socket and enchhant their gear.  Pretty slick if you ask me!

21 hours ago, Primali said:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 10:00 p.m. UTC / 12:00 a.m. CET (April 5), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Unyielding Beshmundir Temple Support Survey Event Week 2 Begins
    • Event Period: March 29 - April 18, 2023
  • Classic Spring Festival Begins
    • Event Period: April 4 - April 25
      • Spring Festival Gift Bundle
      • Dredgion: Treasure Chest Event
      • Esoterrace: Keening Sirokin 100% Chance
      • Udas Temple: Speed Run with Vallakhan

Thank you!

I recently resumed Aion, yesterday I played without any problem but today when I try to connect it tells me that I do not have the authorization to connect if the maintenance is supposed to be for classic Aion that has to affect normal Aion.

https://ibb.co/zbnMcDz

Edited by kattor

51 minutes ago, Neckbeard said:

I know its very frustrating that the drop rates have been removed for over 2 months now , but i dont see anything under siel's membership that says your drop rate is increased because you have membership...Which is why they probably chose to remove world drops from the table.  On the other hand, they figured removing world drops would get rid of botting , in which it did, but bots are essential for any mmo martket to be affordable.  What they actually did was remove bots, so if players wanted to continue the gear grind, they have to buy Quna and sell tickets or candies on the market jus to socket and enchhant their gear.  Pretty slick if you ask me!

From experience, without an Aura, you can't loot anything above whites. When I started playing on Classic I wasn't running an Aura and couldn't loot anything. They may have changed that though.