Introducing NC America & New Community Management

Wissp

• Aion Team

Greetings, Aion Community!

Allow me to introduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Aion. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to connect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to introduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Aion.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Aion

7 minutes ago, Wissp said:

Greetings, Aion Community!

Allow me to introduce myself as your Community Manager!

NCSOFT West has recently undergone a significant internal restructuring, resulting in the formation of NC America, a newly unified entity dedicated to providing an enhanced gaming experience to all our players.

Our goal is to improve engagement and support to levels beyond what we've achieved before. However, I want to acknowledge that the process of ramping up will take some time. We are committed to rebuilding and strengthening our connection with the community, and your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated during this transition.

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement. Your feedback and insights will play a vital role in shaping the future of Aion. While we may not be able to respond to every post individually, rest assured that we are actively monitoring and compiling your feedback into comprehensive reports for the key departments and individuals working on these games.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our gaming community. I'm excited to connect as we embark on this new journey together. Please take this opportunity to introduce yourselves, share your thoughts, and let us know how we can make your experience even more enjoyable. Together, we will create an even stronger and more vibrant gaming community for Aion.

Kindest regards,

Wissp
Community Manager, Aion

Congratulations Wissp!

I have seen you post previously and I want to fully welcome you aboard to our community.

What an adventure you have in store. 😃

If you have any questions about things in game, feel free to reach out.

I will also directly message you on a regular basis when there are issues that arise, so please keep an eye out.  

Good luck and try to have fun🍻

First off welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay at NC America for years to come. Now time for the However part, We have had similar things said to us by older CM's and they have all burnt that house to the ground so from a player stand point of this community your actions will speak louder than words when it comes to the Aion community. As of right now you are like a firefighter bringing a bowl of water to put out the house fire. That is how burnt this house has been for a long time.

Edited by Squid

I want to test something. You haven't said anything about luna for months. I don't know if you knew it or not. We could get luna easily couple months ago and now  there is just one way to get luna and thats not enough, it's not even close to enough. So are you going to fix this issue ? I haven't played this game for long time but i know  this issue is one of the biggest issues in this game.

Edited by One

13 minutes ago, One said:

I want to test something. You haven't said anything about luna for months.

What are you testing here? First i think if you wanted to test something maybe ask about how much they already know about Aion and will they be playing Aion so a question about luna is not foreign. I like the question i just think it is a bit early for such a question. If i am wrong my bad <3.

Edited by Squid

• Aion Team
3 hours ago, One said:

I want to test something. You haven't said anything about luna for months. I don't know if you knew it or not. We could get luna easily couple months ago and now  there is just one way to get luna and thats not enough, it's not even close to enough. So are you going to fix this issue ? I haven't played this game for long time but i know  this issue is one of the biggest issues in this game.

I've requested an update on our plans to improve players' potential to acquire Luna and will update you when I have more information. Thank you!

A very important issue is the collection of transformations, we haven't had an event for months to be able to get the ultimate, all the players really feel stagnant when we see the months go by and no events and to that we add the constant repetition of zikel and nezekan in In my case, I have 5 repeated zikel and many people have 5 and even 7 repeated nezekan without being able to complete their collection because they lack the companion of these 2 mentioned, it really is an ugly feeling to have been waiting for almost 3 years for the nezekan to come out of that box.

bad events and bad administration, they don't listen to their players. For example, the new event called bleam of droom, claims to be an administration effort for year-end events, but how can it be a good event if they don't allow you to win anything good, this doesn't encourage players, I spent real money and time and you lower the probability of obtaining good items, nothing came of it, I spent a month trying to get items that have no value and I was spending real money, I got tired of the staff and their bad administration, the game is dying, the players they are leaving and I am leaving too, you should give away an ultimate yustiel or lumiel transformation, you cannot play with other players with this type of transformation, it becomes impossible and in a month of facilitating you lose money and time, goodbye Aion NA Goodbye to all 😡

pretty sure they said it would be fixed on the 30th of this month. Not bad turnaround considering how long it took them to fix Korean text. Yes the game is dead and yes they dont listen to a peep from us. If a few handfuls of players would stop spending ungodly amounts of money in the cash shop, they might actually start to listen to us. I feel sorry for new players just starting out. They'll never really get a chance to see how good this game can be. Large swaths of the game are unplayable because of population. Darned shame. And if you aren't in a top 5 legion you'll never get anything done. And for a US game, there is starting to become a huge language barrier. Most players do not speak english anymore. Not complaining. It is what it is. Massive barrier for new english speaking players. Ive been here since the beginning. Very sad to see what this game has degenerated into. 

@Wissp welcome to Aion (and other ncsoft games)  to all staff members!

I Hope we can get an update on Luna and Broker situation.
I remember that integrating broker and allowing players to buy quna/luna with kinah was something that NCsoft was planning to do, but after some of the team left, we never got an update on it

Lovely, welcome @Wissp. I hope you can help the community.

It may worth clarifying what is the policy that NC America will follow against hackers. Some known ones have been left unpunished for a while now. In fact I logged in out of boredom today and met 3 of them.  I am quite certain that people have submitted reports about them a million times such as dps mater records etc but NC west did nothing about it so far.

Something is not done properly If the whole community knows about them amd NC turns a blind eye.

Edited by Malloc-KT

23 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

Lovely, welcome @Wissp. I hope you can help the community.

It may worth clarifying what is the policy that NC America will follow against hackers. Some known ones have been left unpunished for a while now. In fact I logged in out of boredom today and met 3 of them.  I am quite certain that people have submitted reports about them a million times such as dps mater records etc but NC west did nothing about it so far.

Something is not done properly If the whole community knows about them amd NC turns a blind eye.

NC America won't do a thing. It's been years since they've made any real effort to stamp out hacking. Hacking has gone unchecked for far too long. Both factions are guilty. Many(not all) in top legions in both factions make no effort to hide it. Blatant. I see it all the time.  But many of the same hackers have been cozying up to the devs for years. Who else knows about all the exploits and shares them. Also the hackers spend big money in the cash store as well.  The game would be shut down long before NC America does anything about hacking. If they started banning for hacking there quite likely wouldnt  be enough players left to be able to get anything done. I can easily accept getting beat by the better player. I wont accept losing to someone who is clearly using hacks/exploits. Also, there is no bleeping way a single player should ever be able to solo flipping asparanta forts. I've followed and watched many times as certain solo players flip fort after fort until the whole map is 1 race. The whole gaming experience stinks and is a far cry from what Aion once was. Also, NC might as well as let players roll both factions on the same account. They are already doing it through multiple accounts anyways. Upon returning to the game after a long hiatus i was set up multiple times be people in my own faction to feed their opposing race alts.. and this nonsense i see regularly in Ingisson Illsuion fortress where afkers are routinely being killed by asmo alts of players from the same race. I know its going on in Gelk too. Take a listen to some of the discords. It's eye opening to say the least. Need to beef up the stats of the fortress guards, etc  and help to put an end to the nonsense.

@Wissp Welcome to the world of chaos,    I would like to point out the fact of luna and the DIRECT impact its having to the game,  we have for months now begged for luna solutions,  every other version of aion has it except for NA,    Alot of players like myself have stopped playing and supporting the game because of the lack of resolutions to real problems,   so i really am waiting to see how long it takes to fix this before my "break" becomes permanent  

I hope you figure out how to support the player base

Thanks

xTrinityStarx

10 hours ago, xTrinityStarx said:

Alot of players like myself have stopped playing and supporting the game because of the lack of resolutions to real problems,   so i really am waiting to see how long it takes to fix this before my "break" becomes permanent .

IMO the problem is we as a community could not have legit conversation about what the real problems are with Aion in our region. Like as an example everything is basically being sold for RMT, If someone values X item at $15 and $15 gets you 5 billion kinah then that item will be listed for 5 billion kinah till someone pays the RMT value be it through buying the item out right or using the equivalent kinah value worth. Then on top of this you can list items for 100m cheaper and they will be instantly bought out to keep the price at that 5 billion value because these players have got infinite amounts of kinah.

Example: I went to buy cleric stigmas when i came back a little over 3 months ago and over a few months someone had listed cleric stigmas 6 times for 850m i whispered them saying look i see you listed this 6 times now do you want to sell them for 600m ill buy every single cleric stigma you got. They told me i pay a $ value or 850m. The amount of kinah they waste listing it over and over again is irrelevant if you are really trying to get $'s for it.

How can we have a serious conversation about the problems Aion retail suffers from if the NCAmerica population suffers from being disingenuous going in to it. This is why IMO the only current topic everyone can be honest about is Luna because this helps new/existing/current/veterans/cheaters/3rd party RMTers and server supporters(BCM purchases). There are very few other things in the current version of Aion that affect everyone as equally as improving luna supply.

Either way, I was not directing anything i have just said at you either trinity i was just using what you said as a sort of launching platform to say what i have about some problems i suffered from as a returning player. If it felt like i was saying you are participating/exploiting this then i am sorry and it was unintended.

5 hours ago, Squid said:

IMO the problem is we as a community could not have legit conversation about what the real problems are with Aion in our region. Like as an example everything is basically being sold for RMT, If someone values X item at $15 and $15 gets you 5 billion kinah then that item will be listed for 5 billion kinah till someone pays the RMT value be it through buying the item out right or using the equivalent kinah value worth. Then on top of this you can list items for 100m cheaper and they will be instantly bought out to keep the price at that 5 billion value because these players have got infinite amounts of kinah.

Example: I went to buy cleric stigmas when i came back a little over 3 months ago and over a few months someone had listed cleric stigmas 6 times for 850m i whispered them saying look i see you listed this 6 times now do you want to sell them for 600m ill buy every single cleric stigma you got. They told me i pay a $ value or 850m. The amount of kinah they waste listing it over and over again is irrelevant if you are really trying to get $'s for it.

How can we have a serious conversation about the problems Aion retail suffers from if the NCAmerica population suffers from being disingenuous going in to it. This is why IMO the only current topic everyone can be honest about is Luna because this helps new/existing/current/veterans/cheaters/3rd party RMTers and server supporters(BCM purchases). There are very few other things in the current version of Aion that affect everyone as equally as improving luna supply.

Either way, I was not directing anything i have just said at you either trinity i was just using what you said as a sort of launching platform to say what i have about some problems i suffered from as a returning player. If it felt like i was saying you are participating/exploiting this then i am sorry and it was unintended.

It's ridiculous. Someone I know needed a prestige pass so I listed 2 30 days and that quick Someone snatched them up and whispered my friend offering to sell it to them for double what I listed it at. I felt bad so I bought a 90 and sold it to him for what he was going to pay me for the 30. Now I'm not listing anything at all. If there is someone I know who needs something I'll take care of it for them on a case by case basis way cheaper than these bloodsuckers are charging. 6 bil initially Someone listed a truestorm greatsword which is way underpowered. 6 to 10 billion for legendary transformations. Economy of the game needs a drastic overhaul. I totally agree with Tra regarding the need for Luna solutions. It's insane that we say this time and time again and it falls upon deaf ears. It would be unfortunate if Trinity and other legends leave. A game without them is a game not worth playing. We've had some great times over the many years. I'll always have those memories at least

@Wissp

Welcome. To be frank, after playing Aion for ten years (I began in 2013) I left Aion over a month ago because the game has gotten stale, and the current dynamics are severely off-putting. There is no longer a balance between free game play and paying to play, and Aion has shifted to being solely PVP centered with nothing engaging within the game environment anymore. Players can't make any game progress these days without being expected to spend large quantities of money.

That being said, I would like to offer my support for making Luna easily obtainable to the players again. Luna is needed for both the essentials of preparing gear, and for the frivolous things like expanding character wardrobes. Although it won't help with the larger issues Aion has today, I think at least some players might log-in during the weekends again if they could at least regain the ability to acquire Luna on a daily basis again.

5 hours ago, GenericUser9313 said:

It's ridiculous. Someone I know needed a prestige pass so I listed 2 30 days and that quick Someone snatched them up and whispered my friend offering to sell it to them for double what I listed it at. I felt bad so I bought a 90 and sold it to him for what he was going to pay me for the 30. Now I'm not listing anything at all. If there is someone I know who needs something I'll take care of it for them on a case by case basis way cheaper than these bloodsuckers are charging. 6 bil initially Someone listed a truestorm greatsword which is way underpowered. 6 to 10 billion for legendary transformations. Economy of the game needs a drastic overhaul. I totally agree with Tra regarding the need for Luna solutions. It's insane that we say this time and time again and it falls upon deaf ears. It would be unfortunate if Trinity and other legends leave. A game without them is a game not worth playing. We've had some great times over the many years. I'll always have those memories at least

I appreciate your kind words, I hope that they do fix this, and hope to someday return....I surely miss Loki he spent hours talking to us, addressing our issues, helping get us solutions....him being let go was very upsetting to the community because for years he was the only one who actually cared about us and jumped to fixing things.  @Wissp i REALLY hope that you become that person for us, you have big shoes to fill now start the Luna Fix ASAP or this game will stay a ghost land 

13 hours ago, xTrinityStarx said:

I appreciate your kind words, I hope that they do fix this, and hope to someday return....I surely miss Loki he spent hours talking to us, addressing our issues, helping get us solutions....him being let go was very upsetting to the community because for years he was the only one who actually cared about us and jumped to fixing things.  @Wissp i REALLY hope that you become that person for us, you have big shoes to fill now start the Luna Fix ASAP or this game will stay a ghost land 

Loki was pure class. A real pro. So many greats have already disappeared. I left for a long time and returned. Dont think my wife miya will ever be back. The endless nights of staying up to 1 or 2am when i had to be up at 3am to get ready for work..Wouldnt trade any of the experiences for anything in the world. Lost my names upon returning. Couldnt remember the names.lol. The names i could remember were from the beginning when i rolled with just Temp and Glad. Tenchimuyo, Theopholos, Dank something. Wound up settling on Makotochan. Was never good with remembering my own names. The game used to be a blast. The legion mates made it fun even if i wound up with no sleep. I would hope you stay Tra, but wouldnt blame you in the least if you leave. There is a world away from Aion. Spent alot of time on FF14 for a few years. FF just isnt my thing. Got very tiresome. Glad to be back however. Met some real good people upon returning.I know minimal spanish so i can probably understand them a  bit more than they do me. In the end it's the people that will keep me here until they too decide to leave. You will always be near the top in Aion's history in my book. Many a lively night in the vent back in the day.

Hello dear @Wissp

• The community page of the aion is very bad and has never been an anchor for socializing.
  • Players' opinions are never taken for new versions of the game. Feedback is always very important.
  • The weapon and outfit system should change and it shouldn't be this hard. If it continues to be difficult like this, there will be no one left to play this game.
  • With the new versions of the game, the new events very bad. The old events were much better.
  • I think the game should have a unique cryptocurrency and exchange.  Will be better a game design that will win real money for both the team and players, would be a perfect if it happens .

I'm not criticizing this post to disparage the game. I criticize it to be better because love this game.

5 hours ago, xTrinityStarx said:

@Wisspalready failing us, we reported that event item NPc was gone when we was supposed to have til 6th of june to use them....still nothing on reenabling the NPC?

To be fair it was the weekend no? I would at-least give them till next maint to see if it is added it back or not.