What do you expected from incoming 5.8 in next year ?

Neleth-KT

Well I expected kinda nothing cause I don't pvp I only hope they would include new abbey with 5.8 patch but I heard RU didn't get it so probably our version won't too :/ Other than that 1.5x-2x exp buff on FoO seem nice but that about it,no pve accessories that you farm from illuma/nosvold  included so this patch is kinda boring for me.Maybe what I really want is more exp event than 5.8 patch who knows :P

4 minutes ago, Mempo-KT said:

We know exactly what 5.8 brings because of the Korean Powerbook, and you can trust me when I say you are going to want as many AoE capable alts as possible.

Would you please tell me why I need AoE alts as many as possible ? Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Bryos-KT said:

It is still not certain +12 Manastones will be a thing. They could just end up being something they added but never actually implement, like fishing rods or several hundreds of test items.

I can assure you. +12 Stones are a thing.

http://aion.plaync.com/characters/01056-00928E

Check the above player's weapons.

Very few players have them socketed, but I don't just say things without doing my research.

I should note that I've found only about 10 different characters that show +12 stones, and even the Koreans aren't sure how they got them.

http://aion.gamechosun.co.kr/board/view.php?bid=forum&num=590979

Did some further digging,

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item:167010376

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Version:58.17.1010

And of the Koreans that will respond to me in English, some say they got them from a Daevadome like event and others say from a shugo event?

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item:186000456

So I guess I was wrong to say we should prepare to craft them....

Lol at those koreans gear +33 +10 access, like just  lmfao at stupid  direction of this game.

If they keep making more pay2win change's like what's coming they will be down to 1 server and all the whale's can QQ over having nothing to do anymore.

They cant just cap chanting and tempering nope that would be too logical,there is utterly no point bothering anymore pvp has no skill left just pay2win garbage see it everyday some idiot selling +25 gear or stupidly high tempeered accessory's.

Give this game 1-2 years max if that, the way these change's are coming and the massive pay2win it's becoming.

The only time this game's pvp was somewhat fun was on release before twinks took hold and player's had only quests gear,now it's just a cesspool of hackers,cheaters and plain pay2wins.

Why even bother pvping if you need +20 or higher gear to win,you arent skillful or good just outgear most player's sad sad pvp game aion has become.

6 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

Lol at those koreans gear +33 +10 access, like just  lmfao at stupid  direction of this game.

If they keep making more pay2win change's like what's coming they will be down to 1 server and all the whale's can QQ over having nothing to do anymore.

They cant just cap chanting and tempering nope that would be too logical,there is utterly no point bothering anymore pvp has no skill left just pay2win garbage see it everyday some idiot selling +25 gear or stupidly high tempeered accessory's.

Give this game 1-2 years max if that, the way these change's are coming and the massive pay2win it's becoming.

Well, considering enchanting armour has safe points at 10, 15, 20, 25 and 28 in 5.8, gear nolonger breaks upon failure, and that anyone who honestly cares about the game is running a full server of alts to gather Luna Omegas with, I like the idea that we are going to be able to continue to invest in a character if we chose to.

How many alts do you have? How many Luna dailies do you do a week? How many AoE runs do you do a week? You can pay money or play the game more, and I find the people that complain about P2W do neither.

7 hours ago, Mempo-KT said:

Well, considering enchanting armour has safe points at 10, 15, 20, 25 and 28 in 5.8, gear nolonger breaks upon failure, and that anyone who honestly cares about the game is running a full server of alts to gather Luna Omegas with, I like the idea that we are going to be able to continue to invest in a character if we chose to.

How many alts do you have? How many Luna dailies do you do a week? How many AoE runs do you do a week? You can pay money or play the game more, and I find the people that complain about P2W do neither.

I run luna on plenty of Alts and im fast going to quit doing that,i mean you do realise the stupidity of a game that require's you to need Alt's simply to gear a main.I play the game my way and this game has fast become trash ,this high level tempering and enchanting was never needed just a money grab.

People that even think Pvp in this game is somewhat about skill is amusing,it's nothing but pay2win or have 50 Alt accounts to get +20 gear or higher.The whole system is stupid and it's clear korea doesnt have any understanding of what constitute's fun and skillful pvp.

I never saw Aion pvp tournaments like a lot of game's kinda says something about the game.

Just now, marikazan-KT said:

I run luna on plenty of Alts and im fast going to quit doing that,i mean you do realise the stupidity of a game that require's you to need Alt's simply to gear a main.

This isn't the place for what I'm about to say, but I'll do it anyway.

I knew this would come up. Stop trying to compare Aion to other games and using the differences as justification for Aion being too hard or "pay2win". If you ran "plenty of Alts" you would have no problem competing with the "Pay2Win" players.

Mate, you have no idea what working towards being competitive is, and that is clear to everyone that reads what you have typed.

jXlb7zA.png

If you aren't willing to do what is required to compete then do not complain when you are beaten by people who are. Playing the game "your way" isn't enough, and you are complaining about it because you honestly have no clue what -is- enough.

I raided in WoW until I had blisters on my fingertips. I kept raiding until those blisters burst, and when they did I put bandaids on them so I could keep raiding. And when there were enough of us in the group who were bleeding onto our keyboards we were sent off to grind materials for people who weren't bleeding and were able to stay awake. And we did this on nyerking dial up internet with grins on our faces.

You are a scrub who has no inkling as to how much work being the best at something requires, and if you think it's all about skill and not about raw effort and hard work then you are sorely mistaken.

Mic drop

2 hours ago, Mempo-KT said:

This isn't the place for what I'm about to say, but I'll do it anyway.

I knew this would come up. Stop trying to compare Aion to other games and using the differences as justification for Aion being too hard or "pay2win". If you ran "plenty of Alts" you would have no problem competing with the "Pay2Win" players.

Mate, you have no idea what working towards being competitive is, and that is clear to everyone that reads what you have typed.

jXlb7zA.png

If you aren't willing to do what is required to compete then do not complain when you are beaten by people who are. Playing the game "your way" isn't enough, and you are complaining about it because you honestly have no clue what -is- enough.

I raided in WoW until I had blisters on my fingertips. I kept raiding until those blisters burst, and when they did I put bandaids on them so I could keep raiding. And when there were enough of us in the group who were bleeding onto our keyboards we were sent off to grind materials for people who weren't bleeding and were able to stay awake. And we did this on nyerking dial up internet with grins on our faces.

You are a scrub who has no inkling as to how much work being the best at something requires, and if you think it's all about skill and not about raw effort and hard work then you are sorely mistaken.

Mic drop

I have played wow and i know what grinding is farming for hours for primals for resist sets farming for hours or flask and potion mats please dont tell me what grinding is,oh and i raided too and know full well what effort is,the difference is in Wow all i had to pay was a sub and could accomplish anything ingame.

Your probaly one of the pay2win bads who sit around in illuma in +20 gear and then need 10+ others to zerg a few asmo.Being the best in Aion, what a laugh most pvper's in this game are trash and pay2win at every opportunity.

And all game's are about skill ,raw effort alone doesn't get you kills in raids in game's like wow if people stood in the fire.Please though keep trying to justify this broken game.

5 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

I have played wow and i know what grinding is farming for hours for primals for resist sets farming for hours or flask and potion mats please dont tell me what grinding is,oh and i raided too and know full well what effort is,the difference is in Wow all i had to pay was a sub and could accomplish anything ingame.

Your probaly one of the pay2win bads who sit around in illuma in +20 gear and then need 10+ others to zerg a few asmo.Being the best in Aion, what a laugh most pvper's in this game are trash and pay2win at every opportunity.

And all game's are about skill ,raw effort alone doesn't get you kills in raids in game's like wow if people stood in the fire.Please though keep trying to justify this broken game.

Lie to me more about how hard getting resist gear in BC was. You're proving my point ever further. You have no idea what hard work is, and you are at the peak of ignorance in assuming you do.

You're a scrub, and everything you type only further serves to prove that.

Protip - My gear is displayed here on the forums for all to see.

What would I like for 5.8? Enchanting and tempering cpas. Enchanting back to +15 and tempering to +5. The truth is and someone already touched on this point. You can get 75ap gear without being pay2win but from the time you fight someone say in +5 or above accessories and +20 gear or even +15 gear, you still die like you're wearing nothing at all which is said. It's honestly not fun pvping and dying in seconds. Also you could be said person in the op gear but still also die because the person you fought against godstone decided to defy logic and proc 7 billion times transforming you into the general merchants npc only available for text functions. I don't play regular anymore because what's the point. Every patch just seems to go further south. I bailed out as soon as I saw 5.0 korean videos complaining about breaking gear and the new omega + supplements solution isn't good either. Too costly.           

I also find it funny when people try to pull the "You don't want to work for your items" card. Like the people mentioning luna as if the omegas, supplements and temperings are a 100% drop rate. Again they are not. I have 8 toons and the only thing I would do is luna and log off and can assure most days I got none, some days I got some. There has never been a day where all of them have received any of the rng based items. So stop telling people they are lazy as if the drops are 100% and all you have to do is go in the instance, open your inventory and watch the item appear everytime you open the bundles.

9 hours ago, Niv-DN said:

I wonder at 5.8 if the armors still class specific? I wish they would remove that so that i can transfer my armors to my SM, Sorc and SW anytime i want...

If you mean the Archdaeva Abyss gear, yes. Level 70, Level 75 and Level 80 Abyss gear will all still be class-locked.

On 12/4/2017 at 7:09 AM, Mempo-KT said:

And this constitutes as "fun" to you? Running an army of alts through Luna in order to gear one toon adequately, (in order to keep up with the demands of this game), is "fun" for you? Cause it doesnt seem like a very fun way for me to pass the time whilst playing a game. I suspect not for many others either. A notion which of course is lent credence by the fact that the games pop is down to a few thousand players over two servers and still shrinking 

WoW requires commitment in order to succeed at its highest level, heck, all successful games do. However, where they differ is in how the games go about implementing these mechanics. Blizzard manages to disguise its "chores" well enough to keep them midly interesting, even if they are annoyingly repetitive. The WoW "grind" would NEVER, however, require you to log into various alts in order to gear one toon adequately enough to survive. Thats not playing a game, thats working a 2nd job. (In some cases, an actual first.)

No one is arguing that commitment is necessary, (and should be), in order to suceed in an MMO. What I believe warrants argument, however, is in the level of commitment required. At the end of the day, its still supposed to be just a game, hence fun. Not a career choice.

Tl:dr version...

Commitment = Yes, can still be a fun, and fullfilling experience. (EG: WoW grind)

Career level dedication = Nah brah, aint fun. So whats the point? (EG: Aion grind)

People's Complaints

I still don't understand why people are complaining about "P2W" and using Korea as an example of exactly whats to come for us. Aion has had +20-+30 gear for years now and we probably will never get it here. You know why? Because irridescent omegas are in the store there, success rates are different, and irridescent omegas are like 2,000,000 kinah each in the broker there last I saw on someones stream earlier this year.

And why the complaints about +12 manastones? I currently rarely see people with +10s running around, and +12 is only going to add an extra 10 stat per piece of gear. Diminishing returns are a thing, even +9 vs +10 right now really isn't such a huge thing. 

NA does have P2W aspects but it's definitely not going to even come close to Korea levels anytime soon.

Incoming 5.8(biggest things I've seen)

• Stigma enchanting can be done anywhere and isn't restricted. So like if you have a +2 and a +3 you can try to combine them. Also there are rewards if all stigmas are the same level. I already added all the below tiers, so that is exactly what you would get at each level.
    • +6 = +1 to all
    • +7 = +2 to all
    • +8 = +3 to all
    • +9 = +3 to all and new green stigma slot
    • +10 = +5 to all and new green stigma slot
  • New instances: Including a new solo instance and some more abyss stuff
  • Upgraded harvester and abyss gear (rumors that apollon can also purify to new harvester, but havent seen solid proof yet)
  • Aetherforging (the archdaeva crafting) is getting the xp to level reduced significantly (we'll see how much) and some recipes are getting changed (materials/cooldowns reduced) as well. Also new items to craft
  • New minion and minion changes. I'll list the two A ranks below
    • Kromede (at rank 4)
      • 1st skill = 3500 dmg within 30m and a 2nd hit if the target is stunned. reduced damage on players
      • 2nd skill = 13,000 dmg, target is stunned for 2 sec, and your next attack does 30% extra damage. Reduced damage on players
    • Sleepy princess with teddy bear (dunno english name, and at rank 4)
      • 1st skill = Instantly heal 800 and additional 800 every 2 sec for 6 sec (3200 heal total)
      • 2nd skill (some kind of slayer buff, you turn into a teddy bear) = Last 30 seconds. Attack 30%, Magic skill (boost?) 15%, Attack/movement/flight speed 20%, HP recovery (maybe self heals?) 256%, HP increased 5000, Something (probably damage taken?) reduced by 20%
    • Currently you must get a minion maximum minion points (50,000 for A rank) to rank them up with minium and get increased stats. In 5.8 once you reach halfway for minion points it will increase stats (I believe I read this is ONLY for B rank and below)
    • Stats overall increased (I also believe this was only B rank and below, and I think I read PC damage reduced more, not 100% sure though)
    • Fissure of Oblivion now gives Lesser Minion Contracts :D
  • Magic Boost Cap increased (I forgot the number, I believe it was by about 600-800 more than what it is now)
  • Some instances like Adma/Theo you will be able to change difficulty to 3 players.
  • Monster Book improved in various ways (I don't know if everyone knows about it, but its like a monster guide that gives xp that we have now)
  • Also Dark Dragon King Weapons (Like Water/Fire/Thunder)
    • When your HP drops below 35%, your Atk Speed will increase by 15%, Casting Speed by 15%, attack power by 20% and magical power by 10% for 20s. (unsure about the cooldown)

Extra Notes:

• I checked again and Apollon can infact turn into purified harvester. Here are the 2 options:
    • +15 apollon / 18m kinah / 24 (item that is used which comes in 5.8)
    • +10 harvester / 18m kinah / 18 (item that is used which comes in 5.8)
  • Coming soon in Korea or already there. Norsvold and Illuma will be getting camps (like levi camps it seems) and omega/tempering will drops from bosses in illuma/nors, and 1 more change in illuma/nors that I forgot. Overall they wanted to make the maps more fun and engaging.
  • This ones a rumor: Minions damage is going to get reduced a lot on players. Mainly because of the minions like Sheba/Kromede who's 2nd skills are quite OP in pvp right now

Archived