What do you expected from incoming 5.8 in next year ?

Neleth-KT

14 hours ago, Holo-KT said:

And this constitutes as "fun" to you? Running an army of alts through Luna in order to gear one toon adequately, (in order to keep up with the demands of this game), is "fun" for you? Cause it doesnt seem like a very fun way for me to pass the time whilst playing a game.

How many toons do you think I put through Arenas, AoE, CoE and the Spire each week? I brought up Luna because ANYONE can do it with very little input. The game limits you by your instance entries, and the only way around that is to level and use more characters to multiply that number or to pay your way.

It's ALWAYS been this way. This is not a new aspect of Aion in any way, shape or form. If you wanna get down and dirty with it, at level 50 people sometimes DIDN'T run the upper fort instances on their mains, and instead pumped alts through. Why? If a glorious DDG weapon dropped they were then go in and loot it, or be able to bid for Loot Rights to go in and get it, rather than bank on getting a drop on their main's only runs.

I think it would be best not to make assumptions about me and what I find fun.

14 hours ago, Holo-KT said:

Not a career choice.

Tl:dr version...

Commitment = Yes, can still be a fun, and fullfilling experience. (EG: WoW grind)

Career level dedication = Nah brah, aint fun. So whats the point? (EG: Aion grind)

Sorry. But Aion has always been a game that demands that it is your only hobby to be any good at it. Back in the day we accepted it and applauded the people who were dedicated. These days we complain it's too hard, call these people nerds, or completely devalue their hard work by painting them as "Pay2Win" bads.

13 hours ago, SirChantalot-DN said:

Magic Boost Cap increased (I forgot the number, I believe it was by about 600-800 more than what it is now)

Everything else you have stated is pretty spot on, but the MB cap is being increased from 3200 to 3300, not to 3.8-4k ish.

15 hours ago, Holo-KT said:

And this constitutes as "fun" to you? Running an army of alts through Luna in order to gear one toon adequately, (in order to keep up with the demands of this game), is "fun" for you? Cause it doesnt seem like a very fun way for me to pass the time whilst playing a game. I suspect not for many others either. A notion which of course is lent credence by the fact that the games pop is down to a few thousand players over two servers and still shrinking 

WoW requires commitment in order to succeed at its highest level, heck, all successful games do. However, where they differ is in how the games go about implementing these mechanics. Blizzard manages to disguise its "chores" well enough to keep them midly interesting, even if they are annoyingly repetitive. The WoW "grind" would NEVER, however, require you to log into various alts in order to gear one toon adequately enough to survive. Thats not playing a game, thats working a 2nd job. (In some cases, an actual first.)

No one is arguing that commitment is necessary, (and should be), in order to suceed in an MMO. What I believe warrants argument, however, is in the level of commitment required. At the end of the day, its still supposed to be just a game, hence fun. Not a career choice.

Tl:dr version...

Commitment = Yes, can still be a fun, and fullfilling experience. (EG: WoW grind)

Career level dedication = Nah brah, aint fun. So whats the point? (EG: Aion grind)

Well written reply.Unfortunately nothing sane player's write will convince the die-hard Aion fans that the game's current state is not fun exciting or particularly engaging anymore.Even a server merge and dwindling player base seems to have no effect on their view's.Game's that are healthy,fun and exciting,and engaging are managing to retain new player's and are adding server's not chopping them.

In term's of the Alt army suggestion many people make,i can only assume that many don't seem to have a full-time job that require's 8 hours plus of their time per day 5/6 days of the week.I say this because trying to use Alts when you work is a major major time sink and could not realistically be done.

I have 13 character's nothing compared to some player's im sure and i know how much time they take up on my days off.

Every day off i will run them all through Fissure for Xp,and coin bundles to save for unbinding stone's to fund me,i do 2 runs per character i also run contaminated underpath as well it take's me 30 minutes per toon,thats a decent time sink with only 13 character's,it take's even longer on reset day with the other instance add in kumuki and even longer.

Then im meant to find time for pvp instance's try and run pve one's there is no way these thing are possible unless you dont work and can afford to sink in 15+ hour's per day.

As to the whole use luna instance's for omega's temper's they are not 100% chance people act like they are raining from the sky,i have had days running 13 through and got nothing from underpath.

There is literally no way to even compete with paying player's unless as i stated you do not have a real job,a life and other commitments besides Aion.

Game's are meant to be fun and a way to relax,yes they require effort to get things out of them but Aion has taken it to a whole new level,i stand by what i said earlier if this game was so great we wouldn't  of los server's and we would see huge influxes of new player's that actually stay.

1 hour ago, zikira-KT said:

Every day off i will run them all through Fissure for Xp,and coin bundles to save for unbinding stone's to fund me,i do 2 runs per character i also run contaminated underpath as well it take's me 30 minutes per toon,thats a decent time sink with only 13 character's,it take's even longer on reset day with the other instance add in kumuki and even longer.

Then im meant to find time for pvp instance's try and run pve one's there is no way these thing are possible unless you dont work and can afford to sink in 15+ hour's per day.

As to the whole use luna instance's for omega's temper's they are not 100% chance people act like they are raining from the sky,i have had days running 13 through and got nothing from underpath.

There is literally no way to even compete with paying player's unless as i stated you do not have a real job,a life and other commitments besides Aion.

So running one or two extra characters through AoE 3 times to get 100+ Chronos stones a week is too much of an addition to playing your main? But yet you have time to do 13 characters worth of Luna.... You can't JUST do Luna without doing AoE on the character as well in order to get Supps to even USE the Omegas you acquire. And you only even need to do that when the character HAS Omegas to use. 13 S-Ranks a day would net, typically, 3 Omegas a day. A week of that is at least one +15 item a week if you do a few AoE.

Buy an Ahserion weapon for ~800m. Sell for 2b+. Every week. And somehow you can't compete? What are you doing wrong?

You are serving to prove my point further that the people complaining aren't playing intuitively and using the resources available to them.

And there are people who haven't payed a cent competing with "P2W" players every day, so not only is your filller word 'literally' useless, but the statement has no basis of truth behind it at all.

I'm rather done with this thread. Bads will be bads. They will get mads and sads. Smart players will be glads.

I have a +31 Shoulderplate with full +10 manastones and I credit that to actually playing the game and considering I barely spent that much Ncoin for my main account maybe like $40 in the past 15 months it says a lot about what you can do in game.

-You can use an army of alts for events preferably all on different accounts to make use of surveys on the events. Stuff like Kumuki you can get AP, BM and medals which wll help in getting your own gear as well as BM's to trade for mythic supplements. Events also give lots of freebies and only require you to literally log in and collect. I owe my success to having such freebies and knowing how to use them.

-Luna can be good where Luna defence for S rank is 30% drop rate for Omega (tested this by doing like 60 S rank runs in a row on anniversary on an alt account). For me personally I always dual client Aion for luna and AFK on atleast one while I play on the other, and I pretty much do it only for XP. With Luna offence you can dual box clients and get S rank in both, though you can't really with defence. Mathematically it takes 6-8 minutes to do S rank in Luna offence and we factor in the time to switch to another character so 8 minutes for a 30% chance for an omega, amounts to on average 26.66 minutes for 1 omega. Considering Luna should be mainly about XP and omega second 1 omega every 3.33 runs is pretty good. The weekly luna chest also gives 90 +6 manastones of your choice and with cheaper chronos stones and spirit stones of eternities, getting +7, +8 manastones will not be a problem however its still better to purchase +9 and +10 manastones from others as making your own can in fact cost more even if you value +6 manastones as nothing.

Pay 2 win is an illusion, and even if its real its just greatly diminished because having more alts is much more beneficial and can actually cover everything that you can only get with paying or get a lot with paying. 

making possible to enchant our gear to lvl 25, 30 or even higher... IMO looks like another random and stupid choice made it by someone that has no clue about the game. 

why I say that? Back in 3.X we only had the chance to enchant up to +10. Was really expensive and hard so very few players enchanted the armor on endgame gear. As you know, enchanting something gives some extra stats. Very nice and usefull. But yet, with a max enchant at +10 wasn´t impresive bonus on defensive stats. With a base HP at 10K for templars and 4-5K for clothes the final HP on those classes were so different. And the instances were designed in a way that Physical defense was something. So the tank role was important and a DPS class wasn´t able at all to tank, even in medium instances. Having roles is important in this game. It is not supposed that every class can do all the things. We need players learning how to do an specific job. 

Now the new instances are more focused on single mobs or bosses with hits that make Physical Defense almost useless, and the important thing to tank is our HP. Enchanting our gear to 30+ will make all the classes to have similar HP, similar defensive stats and is taking out those important and required differences. As a cleric with a chain gear at +30 I will be tanky as a plate class and with a nice shield maybe even have block enought to receive less damage (even on a DPS gear). 

Also, gear is becoming less important as gear, and more as a manastone and enchanment container. Our TS and kahrun gear in the past provided us most of our important stats. If you think in MB from our 3.2K, only 30% came from a full set of manastones, 10% from the enchant in the weapon and 60% from the base stats in weapon, armor and accessories. Even in crit strike the manastones were just 600 (full on crit strike on every piece). So a new gear was really something. But now, even on the best gears, a lot of the stats are provided by manastones and enchantments. From that maximum 6600 MB that some players are reaching, maybe 3K or less are from the basic stats on the gear. Enchantment stats are not scalating with the new levels and numbers. A plate chestpiece receives the same bonus at lvl 80 than it was at lvl 10. The required differences in classes and gear are smaller each day. 

11 hours ago, Mempo-KT said:

Sorry. But Aion has always been a game that demands that it is your only hobby to be any good at it. Back in the day we accepted it and applauded the people who were dedicated. These days we complain it's too hard, call these people nerds, or completely devalue their hard work by painting them as "Pay2Win" bads.

Oh I don't believe you're a "Pay2Win bad". I do, however, believe that you're a conceited & arrogant elitist with an over inflated ego and comically misplaced sense of self worth.

In the very same thread you managed to play the "oh woe is us" pity card claiming people look down upon you and your "lifestyle"....you stated the following:

"I raided in WoW until I had blisters on my fingertips. I kept raiding until those blisters burst, and when they did I put bandaids on them so I could keep raiding. And when there were enough of us in the group who were bleeding onto our keyboards we were sent off to grind materials for people who weren't bleeding and were able to stay awake. And we did this on nyerking dial up internet with grins on our faces.

You are a scrub who has no inkling as to how much work being the best at something requires, and if you think it's all about skill and not about raw effort and hard work then you are sorely mistaken."

So you want to be respected for your particular playstyle, whilst belittling others for not playing a video game with the same level of commitment as you? Fascinating. You sir and that attitude of yours represent the very worst of what video gaming has become in this day and age. And quite frankly, the main reason why MMO's, (and multiplayer gaming in general), is simply not worth investing time in anymore.

It's not fun to log into a game and repeat the same tedious and mundane tasks over and over again, every single day, till your hands literally bleed. Just as its not fun to log into a game and be forced to interact with eccentric egoists like yourself.

To those with attitudes like yours, its not simply about being the best. It's also about rubbing it in as many faces as you possibly can on your way to the top...of an intangible world no less. Perhaps if you invested an equally robust amount of time and effort into learning how to communicate with others properly, you would garner the respect you so obviously crave.

Oh, one more thing; I wouldn't so emphatically proclaim your "superiority" while posting that you played a video game till it caused bodily harm. Not something I'd boast about, frankly.

15 minutes ago, Holo-KT said:

So you want to be respected for your particular playstyle

And what is my playstyle? Please, inform me. You seemed to think your assumptions are spot on. Tell me how many alts I have, and how many characters I have at max level. 

My past endeavors pointed out that being the best isn't a matter of money, but of how much effort you want to put in, and clearly Johns +31 shoulders are representative of that.

If you want to get into superiority complexes, what made you come onto the forums to white knight all the people who seem to think that Aion is an Island Adventure of Fun and not a hobby?

Hey, maybe you want to do something useful and help me datamine the item number of the magna carta weapons? Bit better than making a fool of yourself

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

making possible to enchant our gear to lvl 25, 30 or even higher... IMO looks like another random and stupid choice made it by someone that has no clue about the game. 

why I say that? Back in 3.X we only had the chance to enchant up to +10. Was really expensive and hard so very few players enchanted the armor on endgame gear. As you know, enchanting something gives some extra stats. Very nice and usefull. But yet, with a max enchant at +10 wasn´t impresive bonus on defensive stats. With a base HP at 10K for templars and 4-5K for clothes the final HP on those classes were so different. And the instances were designed in a way that Physical defense was something. So the tank role was important and a DPS class wasn´t able at all to tank, even in medium instances. Having roles is important in this game. It is not supposed that every class can do all the things. We need players learning how to do an specific job. 

Now the new instances are more focused on single mobs or bosses with hits that make Physical Defense almost useless, and the important thing to tank is our HP. Enchanting our gear to 30+ will make all the classes to have similar HP, similar defensive stats and is taking out those important and required differences. As a cleric with a chain gear at +30 I will be tanky as a plate class and with a nice shield maybe even have block enought to receive less damage (even on a DPS gear). 

Also, gear is becoming less important as gear, and more as a manastone and enchanment container. Our TS and kahrun gear in the past provided us most of our important stats. If you think in MB from our 3.2K, only 30% came from a full set of manastones, 10% from the enchant in the weapon and 60% from the base stats in weapon, armor and accessories. Even in crit strike the manastones were just 600 (full on crit strike on every piece). So a new gear was really something. But now, even on the best gears, a lot of the stats are provided by manastones and enchantments. From that maximum 6600 MB that some players are reaching, maybe 3K or less are from the basic stats on the gear. Enchantment stats are not scalating with the new levels and numbers. A plate chestpiece receives the same bonus at lvl 80 than it was at lvl 10. The required differences in classes and gear are smaller each day. 

Why do people keep saying we're gonna get +25 and +30 likes its nothing. Those people you see with above +20 are either paying or running massive alts. +15 is quite achievable for anyone but past that and especially above +20 you're either going to have to play Aion for hours like a job or use the money from your real job (or parents). The "p2w" players sometimes hide it because everyone gets mad when people have better gear than them, but there are times they won't really try to hide it. The "f2p" players who run a bunch of alts usually try to make it seem much more reasonable than it actually is, some of them even go as far as running macros/bots on alts. 

The easiest route will always be through cash and some people don't want to spend and others will spend but won't spend in a wise way.

On 07/12/2017 at 0:15 AM, Johngunmad-KT said:

I have a +31 Shoulderplate with full +10 manastones and I credit that to actually playing the game and considering I barely spent that much Ncoin for my main account maybe like $40 in the past 15 months it says a lot about what you can do in game.

-You can use an army of alts for events preferably all on different accounts to make use of surveys on the events. Stuff like Kumuki you can get AP, BM and medals which wll help in getting your own gear as well as BM's to trade for mythic supplements. Events also give lots of freebies and only require you to literally log in and collect. I owe my success to having such freebies and knowing how to use them.

-Luna can be good where Luna defence for S rank is 30% drop rate for Omega (tested this by doing like 60 S rank runs in a row on anniversary on an alt account). For me personally I always dual client Aion for luna and AFK on atleast one while I play on the other, and I pretty much do it only for XP. With Luna offence you can dual box clients and get S rank in both, though you can't really with defence. Mathematically it takes 6-8 minutes to do S rank in Luna offence and we factor in the time to switch to another character so 8 minutes for a 30% chance for an omega, amounts to on average 26.66 minutes for 1 omega. Considering Luna should be mainly about XP and omega second 1 omega every 3.33 runs is pretty good. The weekly luna chest also gives 90 +6 manastones of your choice and with cheaper chronos stones and spirit stones of eternities, getting +7, +8 manastones will not be a problem however its still better to purchase +9 and +10 manastones from others as making your own can in fact cost more even if you value +6 manastones as nothing.

Pay 2 win is an illusion, and even if its real its just greatly diminished because having more alts is much more beneficial and can actually cover everything that you can only get with paying or get a lot with paying. 

Pay to win is not an illussion in the slightest,the amount of people i saw advertising magna carter weapons yesterday prove's that,and the buyer's saying name your price.

Also shoulder's at +31 i highly doubt you got that on first try but if you did grats,if you didnt the amount of spinels and ap to get 75 AP and try to get that level would be a lot of work,i simply dont believe you paid nothing ,not with the RNG of enchanting high level.

People also forget the cost of enchanting manastone's and felic,so  no perosnally i dont believe a large amount of player's aren't paying to win.

+10 stones are around 400kk thats 2.4 bill for,add 6 felic at 300kk thats 1.8 bill add in 2400supps for chanting +15 then all the omega's yep sure can obtain these quantity's easily paying nothing.

The point everyone forgets is TIME,and it's very clear a lot of people dont work or are basement dweller's living with mum or bludging of the system to play a game 15 hours per day.

And why doe's anyone need gear above +15? Cause they cant win otherwise is my view,having capped gear at+10 or 15 would be the best thing ncsoft could ever do to this game.

more pay2win aspects for the folks(who spends willingly not that its a bad thing, you do you) to spend their cash on so the game goes on for a little while

either way i will be under geared and unprepared and play around in low level regions for  fun

but new skins would be good  and skills( that are not harder to get) seriously 2 years of same skills on classes is kinda getting boring (and i can imagine what it must be like for folks who have been around from 2008, assumption)

then again may be the skills could be worked for 6.1 since 5.8 is basically done with

what else hmm  maybe they could rework their server software(or hardware, not much of a techno geek) and stuff(which will never happen)

Better nyerking Story line and cutscenes (with mediocre voice acting)

level cap to be not raise to 80 within 1.5 years

And good soundtrack/ background track

and more comedy  get the shugos more involved

basically stuff that wont happen except the p2w stuff

On 12/7/2017 at 5:10 AM, Mempo-KT said:

And what is my playstyle? Please, inform me. You seemed to think your assumptions are spot on. Tell me how many alts I have, and how many characters I have at max level. 

My past endeavors pointed out that being the best isn't a matter of money, but of how much effort you want to put in, and clearly Johns +31 shoulders are representative of that.

If you want to get into superiority complexes, what made you come onto the forums to white knight all the people who seem to think that Aion is an Island Adventure of Fun and not a hobby?

Hey, maybe you want to do something useful and help me datamine the item number of the magna carta weapons? Bit better than making a fool of yourself

This is what Aion has become, if you don't play 10-14 hours, create a bunch of toons, do luna's/dungeons every reset over and over again like it's your job, then you don't have the right to some high-end gears because you're not "working hard". Games are suppose to be rewarding, I don't mind grinding but playing a horde of alts just to be competitive is ridiculous. And you're talking like it should be the standard. Play all of your alts, do the same tedious boring tasks EVERYDAY over and over again and it's all gucci. 

And hobbies aren't supposed to be something you enjoy and fun? Do you really think what you're suggesting is "fun" in any way, shape, or form?

Been in this game for quite a while and imo it’s not p2w and tbh I’ve seen worse games (i.e. FO). We might have different definitions of p2w but for me it is by achieving something ingame without having to pay irl, as you can see everything is achievable ingame you just have to work harder.

Let’s be honest most people who complain about the game being p2w are the ones who want to step up their game forgetting the real meaning of fun; example basketball is a game to many who play it to have fun but to athletes it’s more than just a game hence they work harder. 

Archived