Weekly Server Maintenance - August 22, 2023 [Aion]

Wissp

• Aion Team

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes.

Aion Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• 8.4 Part 3 Apsaranta: The Leap Update
    • Patch Notes
  • Apsaranta: The Leap Update Events
    • Event Duration: August 22 – September 19
      • Attendance Event Begins
      • Apsaranta Field Battle Begins
      • Apsaranta Buff Event Begins
  • Summer Vacation Galore Begins
    • Event Duration: August 22 – September 5
  • Jumping Daeva Event Begins
  • Apsaranta Shugo Legion Begins
  • Summer Festival Bundle Promo Begins
      • Summer Festival Bundle - 3250 BCC
  • AN Daeva's Pass - Season 12 Begins
    • Event Duration: August 22 – September 19
    • Season Duration: August 22 – September 17
  • Hungry Hatchling Ends
  • Shugo Emperor’s Vault Ends
  • Golden Week Reward Events Ends
  • Yornunerk's Workshop Promotion Ends
  • Summer Joy Bundle I Ends

Item/NPC Removal

• Spring Day Transformation
    • [BCM] Spring Day Transformation Shard
    • [BCM] Spring Day Transformation Shard Bundle
  • Hungry Hatchlings
    • [Event] Stormwing Lv1-Lv8 Summon Orb
    • [Event] Storm Token
    • [Event] Zudra's Gift Box
    • [Event] Zudra's Impressive Gift Box
    • [Event] Zudra's Prime Gift Box
  • Yornunerk's Workshop Promo
    • Yornunerk's Craftsman Hammer
    •  Mysterious Craftsman Stone
    • [Event] Incomplete Yornforged Weapon Box Fragment
  • Summer Festival Events
    • [Event] Firework Powder
    • [Event] Performance Art Piece

22 hours ago, Wissp said:

Item/NPC Removal

• Hungry Hatchlings
    • [Event] Stormwing Lv1-Lv8 Summon Orb
    • [Event] Storm Token
    • [Event] Zudra's Gift Box
    • [Event] Zudra's Impressive Gift Box
    • [Event] Zudra's Prime Gift Box

KEEP THESE ONE MORE WEEK PLEASE! Why are you doing this? You always delete everything instantly, the last time you gave us 2 more week of the actual event with rewards.

We have had this conversation in the past with snowballs and other events, just keep the boxes one more week for us to open the remaining ones.

Edited by Arhangelos

We have lives, you can't give us less than 24 hours notice to delete event rewards for a *2 month long event*. This is a lot of effort just purely wasted for the simple reason that communication from GMs is either last-minute, or completely erroneous (see Honorable Daeva's Mark debacle for example). 

Previous Stormwing Events had the same issue, most of the server woke up Wednesday morning with their boxes deleted because they were given either no notice, or very little (less than 24 hours is *completely unnacceptable, communication-wise). notice from patch notes. 

I had some medical appointments on tuesday that consumed my time from 6 am server time to 5 pm server time by the time I arrived home was too late...  :D and I lost all the enchant boxes I didn't open (the ancient boxes where we get enchants or manastones (nothing super broken that needed to be deleted ASAP))

we are normally given 1 more week to exchange or consume items before deletion, please reconsider it and give the boxes back and give 1 week for ppl to use them :)

Yes, in fact, it seems wrong to me because you earned it with your work and your time, sometimes you don't sleep so that on maintenance day you don't open the boxes and they just delete them and you send a ticker and it answers you, we have .. I don't know why in this event they decided to post that if the past years were not like that they do something well and erase it with their elbow

Not only that but they have deleted other items too, and those without any notifications at all, i seem to be missing 11  <Incomplete Yornforged Weapon Selection Box>es that i acquired through the Shugo Coin Event Pass Season 2. Nowhere on the event page:

https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/Shugo-Coin-Event-Pass-Season2
or in any Weekly maintenance notes it has been mentioned that those items would be deleted, and they are not marked as Event so you can't claim your broader brush. Im not sure when the deletion took place, i think somewhere in the past 2 weeks even tho that event ended a month ago. If i knew the boxes would be deleted i would have extracted weapons out of them.

Are random items that we worked for or even payed for going to keep disappearing from now on without any notice at all? @Wissp

Edited by Viseris-KT

Can't you just re-instate our boxes so we can open them for 1 more week? Not much to ask.

The reason boxes of events are deleted is so that the event boxes have one ID and are used every year, but every year the event might have different rewards, so people kept boxes from previous years to open them in new events and get new rewards.

Keeping the boxes one more week won't hurt anything, it will simply give us some time to open them all and decide what we need.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:58 PM, GenericUser42084 said:

Where is my    Incomplete Yornforged Weapon Selection Box  from inventory ???   Event  Shugo Coin Event Pass Season 2  dont sey this box will be deleted  :( 

@Wissp @RoseaeIt's true! you have blatantly removed the Incomplete Yornforged Weapon Selection Box from inventories. Please, make your work useful and immediately repair this error since there was no inscription in those boxes to delete them, DO NOT SCAM US ANYMORE!

@Roseae

Guys, you have removed Incomplete Yornforged Weapon Selection Boxes from inventories very unfairly. We understand that the boxes that were going to be eliminated would be those of this event, since they made a notice on their page:
https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/Yornunerks-Workshop-Promotion

But they have also removed the boxes from this previous event:
https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/Shugo-Coin-Event-Pass-Season2
This is very unfair for many of us who spent real money buying moons to obtain those boxes, since there was no inscription on them announcing a future elimination nor a notice on their page. Please return the boxes we got at that previous event.

• Roseae unpinned this topic