Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

1 minute ago, Larxe-KT said:

I tried castor oil, it's a bit stingy, now it's smothered in vaseline. I look like crap, but I'm cosy in my new owl Panama as my flannel one tore at the side seam. Had to send it back! And that only after 2 days.

Boo!!

I could punch Bryos.

Nooo! Rude flannel! That sucks.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a Peeve:

Saw a TON of age 12+ kids trick or treating today.

The Husband dressed up as the Ring girl and stood up in the upstairs window (and would occasionally emote and stuff, and just be really creepy). Really made a lot of peoples' day.

It was good.

Peeve:

We have candy leftover. xD

I was reading a thread of tweets about Halloween. Then, someone complained about teens trick-or-treating, someone replied complaining about why it shouldn't matter, then someone else complained on something the previous person said. And it went on for a while. I could not stop laughing at it.

1 minute ago, Bryos-KT said:

I was reading a thread of tweets about Halloween. Then, someone complained about teens trick-or-treating, someone replied complaining about why it shouldn't matter, then someone else complained on something the previous person said. And it went on for a while. I could not stop laughing at it.

Yeah, I watched someone get pissy about the university students ToT'ing here.

I was like, dude, they could be out drinking and driving right now or getting into fights or other shenanigans. I'd rather they were out ToT'ing with their silly costumes. It's just candy, and I bought it to hand out to people!

But I'm also 26 and making a new costume every few months, so seeing 18-22 year old "kids" dress up and ToT doesn't faze me at all, lol.

10 hours ago, Larxe-KT said:

Sounds like fun! It's still my inner child's wish to go ToT.? We didn't have Halloween in Holland and the UK doesn't really don't either except privately hosted events.  Oh welp!

And yey leftover candy <3 

I only went ToT'ing once when I was a kid. :< I still want to do it myself, but now I gotta be the adult and hand out candy. xD q_q

Maybe I could borrow someone's kid and go ToT'ing with them LOL.

Not a peeve- The Elyos I ran into at the convention many months ago spent Halloween with me, and we took our little cousins out Trick or Treating :3 The kiddos were fascinated by our cosplays (She went as her male Elyos ranger, and I went as my male Asmodian sorc ) and since we had a few days to prepare costumes, we helped them make little wings and robes so we had four little cherubs running around at our feet ;__; <3 (one with black wings and a mane crafted with yarn XD) We even went out and found otter plushes to modify and turn into shugos for the kids xD

It was lots of fun, and we got a ton of questions about our asmodian manes and claws, which was super amusing. We did have one younger guy who recognized what we were xD I really need to upload pictures >>;

Peev- Trying to figure out how to balance the harness on my Reian cosplay, even though the material I make the feathers out of is light, it still drags downward and sags since there's nothing to balance the wing's frame out on the other side ;__;

Peeve:

How nyerking shit the class registration program is for my school, and how it's not letting me register for my last class, which now means I have to drive to the school and sit in the same building as everyone else who is having problems with it to talk with someone who doesn't care!

ugwypoe.gif

Adding another peeve I had recently: When work decides to change your schedule without telling you. Bonus point to work asking "How about we change that shift to this ridiculous shift despite you not knowing we changed your schedule in the first place!" Brilliant. Just peachy.

Not a peeve: Finally got around to finishing the last 4 episodes of the first season of Stranger Things (finished up until then and then fell off due to work)! Now to watch the second season over the next week or so and have feels.

Also not a peeve: Getting back to drawing again. Been stressing out a lot lately over a lot of things (since, let's be real, being an adult sucks sometimes) to where I haven't been drawing a lot like I used to. Slowly but surely I want to get back into drawing daily again like I was in college, maybe finally get around to finishing that comic I was doing earlier this year and maybe stop being a chicken and open commissions next year. >>;

Archived