Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Me: I probably shouldn't say that.

Also me: I'm gonna say that.

I was in the doc's waiting room just trying not to LOL. xD Giggled quietly instead. Was one of those comments that was worth the "????" look from some lady.

8 minutes ago, Larxe-KT said:

Got almost my whole left ear pierced like

ixFo27Y.jpg

Holy moly its so sore!

You're braver than I, Larxe! D: Hope it feels better soon!

Edit:

Not a Peeve:

Got some sushi after getting my hair all did for tonight. Woo!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I was in the doc's waiting room just trying not to LOL. xD Giggled quietly instead. Was one of those comments that was worth the "????" look from some lady.

You're braver than I, Larxe! D: Hope it feels better soon!

Edit:

Not a Peeve:

Got some sushi after getting my hair all did for tonight. Woo!

Ooou, first time out since the eye surgery? Have fun!!

TMI ---v

I also got da nips done. :ph34r:

Peeve: Can I just put holiday shopping in general? Because man it's been a hell of a time the past couple of weeks in terms of work. x____X

Not a Peeve: My best friend of 15 years got engaged! ; w ;)~ And I'll be her Maid of Honor for the wedding! I AM SO EXCITE EVEN IF THE WEDDING ISN'T UNTIL 2020. AAAAAAAHHHHHH~

Not a peeve: The con I attended turned out better than I expected - I got to see Star Wars: One Day I'll Become (quite a good fanfilm) and learnt some exiting new information about Kingdom Come: Deliverance. And also about a local movie, that will (hopefully) be finished in summer. The hype is real.

Glad you had a good con! :D

Not a Peeve:

Getting Windows 10 for free through student discount program. I got a SSD from the Father for Christmas this year, so I can finally update my computer.

Peeve:

Having to wait until after Monday to install everything because job interview and final project. x_____x

Peev/Rant:

So I'm in an RP group on facebook, and everyone has decided to give each other Christmas gifts, without really consulting everyone about whether or not they had the means or desire to participate- it was just totally assumed that everyone would. Thinking that people were just gifting their close friends, I bought something within my means for my RP partner I really connect with (We text daily and everything, so to me it was only natural to buy her something I knew she'd enjoy) I did not expect others to get me anything at ALL, especially since I don't talk to them regularly or even RP with most of them, other than talking on discord with the whole group every now and then. I'm just not a person who expects gifts from others (especially people on the internet!).

But it turns out they bought me things, and from the hints being dropped, they are not cheap. And I now feel this immense pressure to reciprocate, especially when this one guy keeps messaging me and talking about Figma action figures, basically hint dropping that this is what he wants from me (Guilt trips like I could never afford these myself) . These are hugely expensive, and although I do collect them myself and he knows this, I only scrape together enough once a year to buy myself a character I really, really want. These are not something I would EVER have the audacity to ask someone else for, so I have no idea why he thinks this is okay.

And when it comes down to it, I don't want to sound like a scrooge, but I just can't afford to buy gifts for all of these people who are basically strangers to me, and I just don't know why they thought it was okay to buy me things (or why my closer friend thought it was okay to give away my address >< ) It's...not that I don't appreciate the generosity. I do. It's that It's basically being hinted at/expected/assumed that I was going to buy gifts for them when I haven't traded two words with some of them in MONTHS, nor do I truly know them.

I just don't know what to do, I'm in a bind, and I don't want to get myself into debt just to smooth over what would be a gigantic social faux pas if I don't get them something, when I really, really didn't want them to buy me anything at all.

Sorry for the wall of text and the huge rant x.x; And for sounding like an ungrateful jerk >>;;;

Tell your friend, that you don't appreciate giving away your address without your permission and ask him/her to not do it again.

Tell your RP group, that you don't want to receive any gifts and that you'll be sending back anything you'll get. Maybe they don't know, what it is to not have excess of money to gift complete strangers?

...or crumble under the pressure.

I'm lucky I caught it early, it can get pretty bad for cartilage piercings. Some people go as far as having a permanent deformed ear.. from just a few days of an infection!

It seemed to have mainly cleared up after 2 days of antibiotics, today with be the third day out of the seven! I'm happy I'll be able to keep my piercings <3

And on a fun note, we have snow!! /o/

I saw this post asking others to share their "the food their parents forced you to eat when they were young, and have not had ever since". Several of the replies were similar to "we were poor, so we had bread and water, yada yada". This triggered me because that was not the point of the poster. :P

At least there was this funny reply from someone whose mother forced to eat liver for its iron properties. Then years later, this person cooked for her, who lacked iron at the time, and made liver for her. She refused to eat it, the person reminded her about it in the past, and she replied "I am still your mother".

Then this other couple shared a story. His girlfriend barely ever cooked, and the one time she did, she made an old style sheep pie. It ended up being disgusting because the meat used was stale. Because of that, they only gave one bite at it and fed the rest to the dog. This dog later threw it up. :P

My mom would put it on top of rice....the two really do not go together. And it would have whole clove buds in it. It was for taste but she always forgot to take them out after. So you get an unpleasant surprise in one of your bites. AT SOME POINT I JUST SAID NO!!

Archived