Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Been following news with Spain and Catalonia, and always related that leader (Puigdemont) with Pidgeotto (that falcon pokemon). Happened to find this image, and made me feel good I wasnt the only one. :P

So I saw your text from the preview in the unread threads page and was immediately like "the Pokemon dude" before I even finished reading your sentence lmao.

Just now, Larxe-KT said:

Awww! Don't know anything about that game.:ph34r: Surprised it didn't last longer than it did though. Less than a year?

Seven months, eeyup. xD

No advertisement, bad lag, bad netcode issues, BIG bad patch that makes all of 5.X look like the best series of NCsoft decisions ever...xD

RIP

For butter I use Vitalite, it's margarine, without dairy! (some margarine has dairy)  For leavening I use Vinegar and baking soda, they make things rise together.

The vinegar and baking soda, probably sounds weird, but it's only about a tablespoon and you don't taste it at all.:ph34r: Everybody loves muh Vegan chocolate cake, nobody knows it's Vegan unless I tell them! Kinda criminal tbh.:ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Larxe, I dont think I have ever asked you why you are vegan. Medical reason or ideology?

Well, at first I kinda wanted to try vegetarianism, to see if I could do it. Then YouTube happened and the ethical part kinda came. There's a lot of bias in the "Vegan industry" and a lot of loud negative aggressive voices from Vegans themselves, which I don't approve of, but there's also a lot of truth to the things they're saying and studies that have been done.

I don't really think it's right with how cattle is treated and the products aren't really healthy in the amounts most people seem to eat them (like me in the past) So it's a health thing for me, and an ethical thing!

-> HOWEVER <-

You do you, I don't judge anyone who has a different lifestyle. Me and my son are Vegans, my boyfriend is not, he ate Bacon with eggs twice today.:ph34r: and consumes everything really.

He makes Vegan jokes, I make omnivore diet jokes, we all be good.xD

Edit: Veganism has a lot of things that suck though, most things are also expensiver and you have to check the labels of foods you buy, luckily stuff like diary and eggs are in bold, so they are easy to spot, but honey is not, so there is the occasional mistake, but that's alright.

I completely understand why people wont ever get into it, it's not for everyone. :) If my son were to decide at a certain age he would not want to continue this diet, it'll be his choice too, and I'll accept it without any grudges. (duh):ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Larxe-KT said:

For butter I use Vitalite, it's margarine, without dairy! (some margarine has dairy)  For leavening I use Vinegar and baking soda, they make things rise together.

The vinegar and baking soda, probably sounds weird, but it's only about a tablespoon and you don't taste it at all.:ph34r: Everybody loves muh Vegan chocolate cake, nobody knows it's Vegan unless I tell them! Kinda criminal tbh.:ph34r:

That makes sense, the vinegar baking soda thing. :> I usually add sour cream (or greek yogurt) to my chocolate cakes to make them extra moist, and you wouldn't even know!

While I get the ethical and physical reasons for veganism (and I agree with most of them), it's just not for me! I do miss being able to buy ethically raised cattle and chickens and stuff without it costing an arm and a leg, though. :(

Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

That makes sense, the vinegar baking soda thing. :> I usually add sour cream (or greek yogurt) to my chocolate cakes to make them extra moist, and you wouldn't even know!

While I get the ethical and physical reasons for veganism (and I agree with most of them), it's just not for me! I do miss being able to buy ethically raised cattle and chickens and stuff without it costing an arm and a leg, though. :(

I agree, it often does cost an arm and a leg!

Archived