Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Peeve: Still unpacking form vacation last week.

Not Peeve: Had an amazing trip to Texas - visited 4 cities and, had great hotels in every one of them.

I came back from Texas last week too. O:

Which cities did you go see? :3

11 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I came back from Texas last week too. O:

Which cities did you go see? :3

We went to New Braunfels for the Safari Ranch, San Antonio for lots of stuff, Corpus Christi for the aquarium and, Galveston to hang out and relax for a couple of days, and, to get some great seafood to bring home. I go to Texas every week but, just Texarkana since I live near the border and, Texarkana is my closest big shopping town. Galveston is an eight hour drive for me. 

On 27.4.2018 at 2:52 AM, Kadeth-KT said:

We went to New Braunfels for the Safari Ranch, San Antonio for lots of stuff, Corpus Christi for the aquarium and, Galveston to hang out and relax for a couple of days, and, to get some great seafood to bring home. I go to Texas every week but, just Texarkana since I live near the border and, Texarkana is my closest big shopping town. Galveston is an eight hour drive for me. 

Wooah, you guys did a quite a few things. O: <3 I was mostly in Dallas, spent a weekend in Houston where we also went to Kemah. I've been told to go see San Antonio since there's plenty to see and to do. I'll surely do this in fall when I go again. :3

34 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Wooah, you guys did a quite a few things. O: <3 I was mostly in Dallas, spent a weekend in Houston where we also went to Kemah. I've been told to go see San Antonio since there's plenty to see and to do. I'll surely do this in fall when I go again. :3

Yes, San Antonio is good. The Alamo, Riverwalk and, must go to a pub there called "The Biergarten" German food and, the staff are all in Liederhosen (old wold German attire.) Natural Bridge Wildlife ranch (as drive through safari) is just half an hour from San Antonio, there is Sea world, A good zoo, loads of historic missions and mansions, gorgeous parks and, of course modern museums and shopping too. Off season, hotels are cheap there - we stayed at a Raddison for just 50/night. (used Booking.com to find the deal. Places like Motel 6 are like 40/night off season.)

Galveston is great for a seaside/ ocean fishing trip too and, again, off season, good hotel prices. (100/night for a Hitlton Suite on the beach.) If you buy seafood to take home, Katie's has really fresh stuff and, 100.00 or more gets you a free BobbleHead of the captain of their fishing fleet if you ask. LOL ) Yes I got one :D

8 minutes ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Yes, San Antonio is good. The Alamo, Riverwalk and, must go to a pub there called "The Biergarten" German food and, the staff are all in Liederhosen (old wold German attire.) Natural Bridge Wildlife ranch (as drive through safari) is just half an hour from San Antonio, there is Sea world, A good zoo, loads of historic missions and mansions, gorgeous parks and, of course modern museums and shopping too. Off season, hotels are cheap there - we stayed at a Raddison for just 50/night. (used Booking.com to find the deal. Places like Motel 6 are like 40/night off season.)

Galveston is great for a seaside/ ocean fishing trip too and, again, off season, good hotel prices. (100/night for a Hitlton Suite on the beach.) If you buy seafood to take home, Katie's has really fresh stuff and, 100.00 or more gets you a free BobbleHead of the captain of their fishing fleet if you ask. LOL ) Yes I got one :D

This made me smile a lot, since I'm from Austria and I've very familiar with the whole German stuff. Might skip that since I get this on a daily base here, but my boyfriend might like it. X3 I'm a very nature oriented person so this sounds amazing! I wasn't aware that I've been missing out on this. D: Ye... I love the ocean so Kemah was really great with the pie and all those restaurants around it. I just didn't have time to go see Galveston, but it's on my go-to list. I ate a lot of seafood though (lovvvveee shrimp). \o/

Luckly my boyfriend is from Texas, so I don't have to worry about getting lost or so since I'm from EU. We got planned to go to Disney World (HUUUUGGGEEE Disney fan) in fall. Super hyped about it. Been 2 years since I was at Disneyland last time. >o<

4 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

I really hope it won't be as busy as in summer times. We'll be going late October. <3

That should be good. :>  /crossesfingers

I want to go again, but it's so expensive ;_;

Edit - inc potentially inappropriate humor:

So my cousin posted this on FB:

JGlH78T.jpg

and I want to say, "And if someone is eating you, eat them back," (not necessarily in the innuendo fashion!) and I can't. She'd laugh, most of my family would laugh, but there are some prudes who'd be like OMGCAKEHOWDAREYOUOMGMYVIRGINEYES.

(legit pineapples eat you while you eat them; it's incredibly rude)

18 minutes ago, Gamegenie-KT said:

Like an actual metal sword? Badass.  That's a goal of mine during retirement, learn weaponsmithing and have the mats for it

We have some metal swords in the house. lol One is even a sparring sword.

Since it has to be convention allowable, it'll be foam and thermoplastic. xD still not 100% sure what I'm reinforcing the core with since it's not very thick. Might be cardboard. :|

Not a Peeve:

After 8 years, I finally have a desk, and it has LEDs in it (I didn't know it had LEDs) and it's pretty awesome.

New keyboard. It lights up pretty. Only thing I don't like is having to use function keys for adjusting volume and stuff, but I'll get used to it. It's way better than my old one.

Both are Chinese off-brand stuff, lol, but, I mean, razer products are all Chinese nonsense. At least I'm not shelling out razer prices for the same things. :| The Engrish instructions are pretty funny, though.

11 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Not a Peeve:

After 8 years, I finally have a desk, and it has LEDs in it (I didn't know it had LEDs) and it's pretty awesome.

New keyboard. It lights up pretty. Only thing I don't like is having to use function keys for adjusting volume and stuff, but I'll get used to it. It's way better than my old one.

Both are Chinese off-brand stuff, lol, but, I mean, razer products are all Chinese nonsense. At least I'm not shelling out razer prices for the same things. :| The Engrish instructions are pretty funny, though.

Like my stuff, Wannabe Razer from Fasttech.com. Okay so I wait 4-6 weeks on shipping, it's free shipping and, a gaming keyboard is like 20.00, 5.00 for the gaming mouse. All the extra keys, fancy LED lights and so on.

5 minutes ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Like my stuff, Wannabe Razer from Fasttech.com. Okay so I wait 4-6 weeks on shipping, it's free shipping and, a gaming keyboard is like 20.00, 5.00 for the gaming mouse. All the extra keys, fancy LED lights and so on.

Hahaha, yeah, mine is Redragon from Amazon, and I have prime, so I got it all in three days (normally two, but bigger items usually take more time).

17 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

I just realised something, if Aion lasts until 2108, we could get most of the Wonder Girls based dances without worrying about copyright! So close! 

Gosh, this would be so great~! *o* 

What ever happened to raising kids right - respect, obey, don't speak unless spoken do, do it because I'm the parent and I said so. You have to do it because the parents said you had to, you can't because mom or dad said no. End of discussion.

That's the problem, kids now think they get a choice in whether to obey or not, whether to be respectful or not and, how to behave in general. That's why 2 of my six grand kids are not allowed in my house - they can't seem to ask for things and simply take whatever they want without asking. Las time it happened, one ate the shredded cheese I needed for dinner. It's a 20 minute drive to the closest store, taking food that is for planned meals without asking is not okay. The mother blew it off as "She was just hungry." Okay fine, but she should have asked me for food, I'd have gotten her some popcorn, a sandwich or whatever I had that wasn't planned for a specific meal.

6 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

/is hungry

/eats all the shredded cheese

Sounds healthy. :|

(As I sit here eating a pastry at work...)

Hey, beats her older sister when she was a toddler. That one ate margarine by the fist fulls if you let her. Still the lack of respect for my house rules is what irked me enough to ban the kid from my home until she learns to listen to me better.

Today's peeve. DTV refusing to allow my stepson to move to a lower package to save money since money is tight for him right now. I told him to cancel that 100 bill and get internet for 50.00 instead. (he has no internet right now.)

6 hours ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Hey, beats her older sister when she was a toddler. That one ate margarine by the fist fulls if you let her. Still the lack of respect for my house rules is what irked me enough to ban the kid from my home until she learns to listen to me better.

Today's peeve. DTV refusing to allow my stepson to move to a lower package to save money since money is tight for him right now. I told him to cancel that 100 bill and get internet for 50.00 instead. (he has no internet right now.)

Margarine...................................................

I was a butter kid myself.

and I hate DTV. Hate.

Yeah, my aunt's kids are a lot like that. Spoiled brats, and she refuses to discipline them (or she tries but doesn't stick with it, so her kids walk all over her). Then she accuses us kids of being spoiled and ungrateful, and it's like, just because your kids are like that doesn't mean we are holy truck rude. 

Pet Peeve:
My arm. Got bit by my dog earlier this week and the bite's infected (despite cleaning it multiple times a day). She's up to date on her shots, as am I, but I guess it came from her mouth. Who knows. Either way, it's sore, It's gross, and I just want this infection to go away. Hopefully the 2000mg/day antibiotics will fix that in the next week or so. Thankfully it's my right and not my left (I'm left-handed), so I can still write and draw while this heals.

Not Peeve:
I applied to an illustrator position! It's for writing and illustrating children's books for kids from kindergarten to second grade. If I get it then I'll be relocating to the other side of the state, so I'm crossing all my fingers in hoping this works out.

First book idea's clearly going to be "Baby's First PvP." xD

Archived