Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

33 minutes ago, Dolanna-DN said:

Pet Peeve:
My arm. Got bit by my dog earlier this week and the bite's infected (despite cleaning it multiple times a day). She's up to date on her shots, as am I, but I guess it came from her mouth. Who knows. Either way, it's sore, It's gross, and I just want this infection to go away. Hopefully the 2000mg/day antibiotics will fix that in the next week or so. Thankfully it's my right and not my left (I'm left-handed), so I can still write and draw while this heals.

Not Peeve:
I applied to an illustrator position! It's for writing and illustrating children's books for kids from kindergarten to second grade. If I get it then I'll be relocating to the other side of the state, so I'm crossing all my fingers in hoping this works out.

First book idea's clearly going to be "Baby's First PvP." xD

aww :<

And good luck! :D 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

aww :<

And good luck! :D 

Thank you! <3 I'm pretty excited, but I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch. I'm gonna call them probably next week to see how things are going, and hopefully that leaves a good impression for them that I'm interested in this. I'm even more pumped in the opportunity to move, since a lot of my friends are on the other side of the state (with the exception of a few friends hours away from me, and one in Wisconsin who's probably going to move to Canada to live with his boyfriend at some point). It'll be nice to have a place to call my own and plant roots. -w-

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

Peeve:

I want my own dog, I really want to snuggle one one until its eyes pop out. Either a Shiba or St Bernard. We have already had dogs before, but they were always my parents' or my sister's.

I can borrow you my Golden Retriever baby! I got two of them. <3

Something nice that turned into a peeve:
Today was my last day in the company I worked at. The boss gave me a cupcake as a goodbye gift. (There's a shop near the office, where they make cupcakes, that are real pieces of art and it was one of those.) It was really nice gesture. :) But... the cupcake was in cute pink box and the boss said: "I apologise for such sexist colour of the box." WTF? Seriously? At that moment I was wearing a T-shirt of almost exact same colour! How could I possibly be offended by the colour of my clothes? Really, why do we live in a time, when people have to apologise for giving someone a gift? :( It was very sad... 

44 minutes ago, Seinka-DN said:

Something nice that turned into a peeve:
Today was my last day in the company I worked at. The boss gave me a cupcake as a goodbye gift. (There's a shop near the office, where they make cupcakes, that are real pieces of art and it was one of those.) It was really nice gesture. :) But... the cupcake was in cute pink box and the boss said: "I apologise for such sexist colour of the box." WTF? Seriously? At that moment I was wearing a T-shirt of almost exact same colour! How could I possibly be offended by the colour of my clothes? Really, why do we live in a time, when people have to apologise for giving someone a gift? :( It was very sad... 

Awww :<

Pink can be such a nice color, too. There's a guy here at work who wears a powder pink tie, and it's just fine.

Yeee cupcakes!

I had the weirdest dream in quite a while. It was basically a combination of Aion stuff, Silent Hill, an acid trip drawn dinosaur and a team that hunts down ghost sightings but are not actually ghosts but holograms created from machines placed years before tyrant/president. Oh, and a drama about an old divorced couple who hate each other and also hate their daughter and her son (they all end up loving each other un the end).

TLDR: I overslept.

The Aion stuff was actually fairly interesting. It was like Adma, Padmarashka and old Raksang. Your group started in the main hall in Adma, then trained through these narrow Balaur infested hallways, up until a balcony with a very deep pit in whose bottom you could see Padma. Once you reached the balcony, Padma would say "Cease security in 12th floor" and all guards would stop chasing you. She then proceeded to monologue about how she is in pain and wishes to die. Suddenly another group of people would ahow up, being chased by Krall and the Fatty Balaur, and they all fell down the hole to their deaths, an incredibly hilarious view.

I finished watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I really liked it. Cant wait for another season. Their humour is just so contagious. So much green and black joles.

They recommended it to my mother because it was "serious", as it expressed lots of matters, like elderly, relationships, self-improvement, etc. The first episodes I kept asking her "Are you sure this is serious?", which became a meme between us through the entire duration of the show. :P

If you ever decide to visit Monaco, don't do it when they are preparing for Grand Prix. Trust me. You'll regret it. That city-state has like 5 and half streets in total and half of them are closed.

The Oceanographic museum was awesome, though.

Did anyone get the "allow cookies" message for the first time in forums today? Did they enable something? :P

52 minutes ago, Seinka-DN said:

If you ever decide to visit Monaco, don't do it when they are preparing for Grand Prix. Trust me. You'll regret it. That city-state has like 5 and half streets in total and half of them are closed.

The Oceanographic museum was awesome, though.

Generally, going to any proper big city during big events is a bad idea. Yet, despite my warnings, my parents really want to spend Christmas/New Year on New York. NY was just ok the last time I travelled, because I hate people. And it will just get worse with holidays.

Edit:

Well, thats the mystery of the additional cookies solved.

how fking G*ddamn ridiculous is that?!   MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH YOUR BABY BEFORE YOU CHANGE THEIR NAPPY.   if i was the baby i'd be super weirded out and wouldn't be comfortable with the situation at all, get your fking hands off me.  come back when you're not a creepy pos 

__

Also, I've been wanting to reinvest some time into a good game, like realllly invest. but can't get the feel on anything.  played For Honor, Far Cry 5, BDO, watched a ton of Fornite streams, and many others.. but really don't know what to do.  Cant bring myself to log Aion, that curse has finally been lifted I think..   i really cant think of a more difficult situation to be in, at all.  no matter who you are.

23 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Generally, going to any proper big city during big events is a bad idea. Yet, despite my warnings, my parents really want to spend Christmas/New Year on New York. NY was just ok the last time I travelled, because I hate people. And it will just get worse with holidays.

Yeah, well, it wasn't -during- the event, it was before, so not too many people - but the race won't prepare itself in a day so it was a construction in progress everywhere. I wouldn't even think of going there -during- the race...

Also, I'd like to see NY one day too, but I'm also not really enthusiastic about that many of people...

Anyway, I kind of missed Aion, so I logged in last week and it was... meh... nothing to do, really.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Solo is a standalone, like Rogue One. It just came out last night.

I will make sure to check it out then.

I gave Silent Hill 2 a try, seeing as most people say its their favourite horror game of the whole time. I have never even touched that franchise and my old reliable PS2 is right in my room, so, why not. Despite the AMAZING theme song (Theme of Laura), I found the game just below average and didnt see why the hype about it.

The zones were repetitive, enemies not particularly interesting. The "boss fights" were meh. Like, for instance (and spoilers), fighting Eddie with firearms for more than a minute, dodging an incredibly slow Pyramid Head. And the camera angles...

At least the story is interesting, but just that. The Pyramid Head "sexy" scenes were... the different kind of interesting, but a nice touch. Some puzzles were enjoyable, like the hangmen or the spinning room.

Chances are the game just has not aged well, which is no one's fault, really. It is just I didnt feel scared or even creeped out like other games. I remember going through the dangerous zones of Amnesia or evading the Xenomorph in Alien Isolation. I had to take breaks because I was that scared.

Archived