Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niiiice! I just added a security system to the house. x__x

I'm looking at getting the landscaping in front of the house redone, repainting the inside of the house, and getting new carpet in the house. Just not sure when! It's been so hot, a lot of the lawncare and landscaping companies haven't been taking on additional work, and the lawn guy I did have got heat stroke and just started working again. .-.

Still waiting on my tax return, but a lot of legal shit happened to me, so I gotta wait on the lawyer + the accountant dude to straighten it all up. Freaking nyerk this year. .__.

Wow the lawn guy had a heat stroke and kept working? Bills gotta get paid but dang lol.  Contractors in our area have been booked solid since like March when everyone was sent home.  Everyone had time on their hands so lawns landscaping and house upgrades were going like crazy

Sorry to hear about legal issues.  I get anxiety just thinking about court hearings, litigation.. so much stress ?

Everyone I know hates lawyers.  Even my lawyer friends.  Rightfully so, most are weasels just trying to get the most $$ out their clients.

it’s like they all start off wanting to hit the courts fighting for what’s fair and just, but at some point, they become more concerned with the payout.

School is AWFUL.  Glad you won’t have to suffer through it much longer.  Some days I’m like PhD ?

but then the horrors.. the anxiety and stress, razor sharp time management, punk a** kids.. never again.  Even if PhD is mostly solo.  Nah

The fact that I'm the oldest kid in all my classes. The only nice thing I have going for me is I apparently look 20/21, so I blend in.

I had a psychology class this summer, during which proceeded to have the worst month of my life outside of school, so I'd contacted the professor, told her what was up, and she gave me a three week extension to turn my work in for the class.

I love that woman.

3 weeks!?  That’s awesome.  Most of mine woulda been like “you have one week or your life ends as you know it”

One time I thought about crying to a prof but couldn’t bc I cried the whole way there so I failed rather pathetically. 
ok thats a lie but I kno it’s happened to someone and that’s just sad

I’m sure you braced for this last year tho!  Then it’s just staying current with your field 

Having it be a psychology professor was freaking dope, plus my physical safety had potentially been in danger then, so I needed to be open to moving and stuff, so she was willing to show me mercy.

I'm so ready for this last year of school to be done, to have my pretty piece of paper, and then to hope someone hires me in a destroyed economy. >_>

Woah that sounds like a terrible time.  Hope things have settled or are settling. Last thing you need is that kind of stuff on top of literally the worst year.  

I hate to be the one, but I feel obligated to mention 2A.  

yeah I don’t think people understand just what we’ve done to our economy, yet.

I have played so much GW2 since quarantini began.

This site tracks your hours in GW2 (to a certain distance), and you can see where quarantine started lol. Was at 1444 total game hours in March. 2500 now (a lot AFK, but still).

xIdsOsT.png

Made a bunch of ingame friends, tho, so that's nice. I boss people around ~ every 2 hours a few times a day and have made myself a little following of minions. I have a lot of people who apparently recognize me in game from there now who say Hi to me and "omg it's [Cheesecake]!" and "I love running that meta with you! I watch for you to tag up every day!", and I'm just like

z26Y6Vf.gif

I have no idea who most of them are, lol.

And I get to help people a lot, which is my favorite thing, and I'm not somewhere that breeds toxicity nor am I super involved in the community outside of that one meta event. It's been really nice.

I did do streaming for my cosplay work for a little while, and then school started and I got hella busy, and then I almost finished a costume when quarantine started, and I've been too meh since to do anything.

GW2 is a tough one to stream because there's so much visual noise going on that it's hard to see what action there is, and I haven't done PvP in a very long time lol. That's where the saltmines are.

Arenanet even made an item called "Vial of Salt" that you get from PvP. It's an accessory. And it can be further used to craft a salt forged diamond, which is used to craft a legendary item. xD

Kinda tempted to make a cheese build and go try PvP again.

I hate to think of how many 10s of thousands of hours I had in Aion. :| Not even AFK.

I just literally have nothing else I can/want to do right now. I had like 6+ nerd cons planned this year. :( Was gonna go to Anaheim for Star Wars Celebration and everything. Was going to go to a DC con to meet my favorite comic creators (finally). Was gonna do a bunch of local cons dressed up like a princess. Was going to go visit Japan. Was going to do a Halloween Disney Cruise where I'd spend the day dressed up as Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon and switch to my Second Sister (Jedi: Fallen Order) cosplay at night. q_q Damn it, covid. I was actually feeling great at the beginning of the year.

I made plans for a vacation in October next year. All I can do is hope that I can go.

Yeah, it suuuuuucks. I just wanted to have fun gdi. Now I'm having to have fun by playing a video game in the comfort of my own home, that I'm trying not to lose, while dreading going to the grocery store or otherwise outside. Kinda super dreading going back to school. We have to do covid testing next week, and then my first three week class is fully online anyway. Really hoping the governor shuts down the schools in the state before we wind up like Georgia.

Also got new neighbors. I've been avoiding them, but I avoid all my neighbors, so it's nothing personal. .-. I just don't want to socialize. (She says as she sits here wearing a "Keep Out of Direct Sunlight" shirt.) Plus the other neighbors have been calling me the wrong name for a year and a half now, and I don't have the heart to correct them. It's too late, lol.

9 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Yeah, it suuuuuucks. I just wanted to have fun gdi. Now I'm having to have fun by playing a video game in the comfort of my own home, that I'm trying not to lose, while dreading going to the grocery store or otherwise outside. Kinda super dreading going back to school. We have to do covid testing next week, and then my first three week class is fully online anyway. Really hoping the governor shuts down the schools in the state before we wind up like Georgia.

Also got new neighbors. I've been avoiding them, but I avoid all my neighbors, so it's nothing personal. .-. I just don't want to socialize. (She says as she sits here wearing a "Keep Out of Direct Sunlight" shirt.) Plus the other neighbors have been calling me the wrong name for a year and a half now, and I don't have the heart to correct them. It's too late, lol.

This post gave me anxiety and I already had anxiety but it made sure I still had it.  I'm kind of surprised all colleges/unis aren't 100% online atm, but I know people want that classroom feel.  

I can think of many ways to subtly tell your neighbors what your correct name is. A few:

Lemonade stand called (your name)'s Juice or something

Call the cops on them for something absurd but vital (not wearing masks) and then use it as a meet and greet for the neighborhood

Act like you received their mail and take it to them.  When they correct you by stating it's addressed to (your name), take the mail, apologize, and go home knowing they now know.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...don't worry we are covered. Sailor Bubba won't let us down.

Iee9B8q.jpg

10/10 on costume quality and cleanliness.  1/10 on him not even trying to get in shape for the character. 

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...don't worry we are covered. Sailor Bubba won't let us down.

Iee9B8q.jpg

Cosplay is for everyone! :P

2 hours ago, Gamegenie-KT said:

This post gave me anxiety and I already had anxiety but it made sure I still had it.  I'm kind of surprised all colleges/unis aren't 100% online atm, but I know people want that classroom feel.  

I can think of many ways to subtly tell your neighbors what your correct name is. A few:

Lemonade stand called (your name)'s Juice or something

Call the cops on them for something absurd but vital (not wearing masks) and then use it as a meet and greet for the neighborhood

Act like you received their mail and take it to them.  When they correct you by stating it's addressed to (your name), take the mail, apologize, and go home knowing they now know.

10/10 on costume quality and cleanliness.  1/10 on him not even trying to get in shape for the character. 

They've gotten my Amazon packages before, lol.

I also had a dream about getting tested for COVID last night, and now I'm not okay. DX They shoved the swab thing all up my nose! D: I'm not ready for that IRL!

Archived