Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

Yeah. I'm just...so pissed and tired because this wasn't our fault, and no one is doing anything because nyerk potatoes everywhere. At least my mother's house is five minutes away, so we can use bathroom facilities.

Supposed to go look at one or two houses tomorrow/Tuesday/Wednesday/Soon(tm). There's, like, very few up for rent, but there's a bunch for sale. So...nyerk it. We get some gov thing for being first-time house buyers too.

Never prayed so hard that the Husband gets this job.

Tomorrow, going through the house and getting crap donated to charity. :/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Oh

my

God.

Finally reached a plumber...only to be told he can't do the work required because it requires the permission of the landlady, who we legit haven't heard from in over a year now. And the rental company itself isn't in the office on Sundays, and their idea of an emergency number is to give it to you in all the paperwork you get when you first move in. (3 years ago)

And the HOA got extra dramatic about their pending lawsuit yesterday.

Fuk this place, I'm done.

Uhhhh...  aren't they required by law to take care of your property? I would sue the hell out of them.   If you're renting from someone, I feel like they should be obligated to attend to these matters urgently unless you signed a contract saying it wasn't their responsibility. 

-----

peeve -  when I'm on my raft in the pool make believe playing that I'm lost at sea only to look over and noticed the neighbors watching me.   Don't nyerking judge me.   WTB taller privacy fence 

8 minutes ago, Gamegenie-SL said:

Uhhhh...  aren't they required by law to take care of your property? I would sue the hell out of them.   If you're renting from someone, I feel like they should be obligated to attend to these matters urgently unless you signed a contract saying it wasn't their responsibility. 

-----

peeve -  when I'm on my raft in the pool make believe playing that I'm lost at sea only to look over and noticed the neighbors watching me.   Don't nyerking judge me.   WTB taller privacy fence 

I think they're skirting the limits of the law by going "Well, we gave you the emergency number; it's not our fault you didn't keep it." Calling them first thing Monday morning because this is not dope.

And the pool thing is awesome, lol.

37 minutes ago, Gamegenie-SL said:

Man there has got to be some justification for a lawsuit against them. That whole situation stresses me out and it's not even my house. I'd be getting a lawyer involved in real quick though.

Dude, I'm so stressed, I feel sick. >_<

If they don't get back to me tomorrow when I call them at 9am, I'm contacting our lawyer friend and finding out what legal recourse we have left because, technically, our house is considered no longer livable with nonfunctional plumbing.

At least we have two places we can stay should shit really hit the fan (god, that seems like a terrible pun right now).

And it looks like this might not even be close to our fault. There's dirt, like, soil dirt, in the water. Probably had a tree root or something wreck the pipe. This is all so new to me because the last place I lived in the longest didn't have trees! lol

I'm really hoping I don't get some family drama tonight because I will punch a rock. ._.

Well hopefully they have some sensitivity about the issue.. I mean cmon you can't kick someone that is already lying flat on their face. 

I mean unless you're in a physical fight, then you go hundred percent the whole time. I've been itching for a good fistfight, has been a really long time

lol

So it looks like there might be some mild drama brewing. The Dad wants us to keep renting and get an apartment...and I'm like, dude. We've been renting for 8 years, and I'm a spoiled brat and not living in a little apartment again, especially one I can't be loud in. Especially one I can't use a heat gun/dremel/sewing machine/quietly played keyboard piano in. One I can't be excited about talking with people about my video game in. I did that. I dealt with the people stomping above us at 3am. I dealt with our neighbor blasting hip hop with mad beatz at 11pm. I've been spoiled by having a townhouse with halfway decent soundproofing, but I'm not moving into another one in this complex because the HOA has gone full retard and is probably embezzling the crap out of what we pay them. (and raised the HOA fee from $100 to $200 A MONTH wut???). The Dad just doesn't like us staying here because the Mom is moving here, and I don't blame him. I understand completely, but we were here first.

I'm just...ugh. I've had a bad feeling about this place since June, and it's only gotten worse. I don't wish to find out how much worse it can get.

Peeve:

I also just want to watch my new episode of GoT because I actually like this season. That's all.

Peeve 1: Getting lobstered at the water park despite applying sunblock every hour like a good little girl.

Peeve 2: Dad borrowing my car and then forgetting to give back my key, so I'm scrambling for an Uber this morning and late for work.

Peeve 3: Dog killed a wild bunny in the backyard which was a horrible shock and very unlike him.

Yaaaay... Monday...

19 minutes ago, Larxe-SL said:

Bad cheesecake, eat something!?

What did the plumber say so far?

So

Our main sewer pipe is PVC...and it's only buried 1.5" in the ground (3-4odd cm). Which is shallow af.

There is a bush planted right on top of that pipe.

The bush's roots grew into the pipe.

RIP pipe.

I need to go grocery shopping. >_>

2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

So

Our main sewer pipe is PVC...and it's only buried 1.5" in the ground (3-4odd cm). Which is shallow af.

There is a bush planted right on top of that pipe.

The bush's roots grew into the pipe.

RIP pipe.

I need to go grocery shopping. >_>

Well that was unexpected! So random. ;/ Will you have to pay for it or the landlady?

Just now, Larxe-SL said:

Well that was unexpected! So random. ;/ Will you have to pay for it or the landlady?

Since this was confirmed not our fault, it's the rental company that's supposed to be paying for it. :|

I think the plumber guy is having his boss come by to confirm everything because this is potato. xD

Archived