Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

That's when you look back at him and say, "That's okay. Daddy does."

When he gets older, he'll be scarred for life. >_>

Peeve:

Why is my craptop so extra crappy. Q_q I just want to listen to the Weather Channel while sewing, dammit!

I should have! xD

2 hours ago, Nyali-IS said:

When many of your friends live on east coast and you keep looking at the hurricane tracker... keep checking your phone for messages. My prayers are with you. Q-Q 

Storm is freaking bigger than the state of Florida. Even a Cat3 is gonna be facewreck. But it looks like people are actually listening this time. Maybe that was the one blessing from Harvey...it got people to take hurricanes seriously again just long enough. :|

It's interesting seeing these major Florida cities be ghost towns.

9 hours ago, Larxe-SL said:

Yet everyone will be getting it just because it's the iPhone!

I still have my Nexus 5 from 2014(?)I never got this "must have the latest phone" every year. I guess I'm just not "hip" like everyone else!

I still have my Galaxy S5 from early 2015 and have no plans of upgrading it until it breaks. It's still going strong, not even a scratch on the screen. I don't see the point in getting rid of perfectly good phones.

Peeve - consistent inconsistency between company reps you talk to on the phone and the contractors they send out.

Me: I was told it would be fixed today

Him: Nope, I just came out to identify the part.

Me: That's why I gave the part # to the rep over the phone, and they said it would be fixed today.

Him: Those call center people are a bunch of dummies.  But I do have to charge you a service fee of $150.

Me: (thinking obviously this man is suicidal)(eye twitch) Will there be any charges when the next contractor actually comes out with the part?

Him: No

Me: Super.

MerryAntiqueAmericangoldfinch-max-1mb.gi

On 9/7/2017 at 8:27 PM, Cheesecake-IS said:

Hahahaha

So Equifax got hacked, and they just now chose to announce it. (One of the big three credit reporting agencies)

RIP 143million peoples' sensitive, identifying data and credit.

Apparently, there's a lot of shady business behind the events post-hack.

Archived