Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chetana-TM said:

it was pineapple+peach with grand marnier. Literally burned my throat, not doing it again >.<

You should have tried mead. That's far superior to any other spirit! Or if you want something lighter, honey-flavoured cider is awsome too.

16 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

I don't like it, plus I medically can't drink it. xD

I was so happy, when they started selling non-alcoholic version of cider here. It's not as great as honey-flavoured one, but for medical reasons I can't drink alcohol either, so it's good enough substitute.

The number of people on these boards that can't drink because of medical reasons IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

We hosted a larger-than-expected party last weekend.  At the start of the night, I had bought one bottle of rum and mixer for Pina Coladas.   GROSS UNDER-ESTIMATION.  

By the end of the night, we cleared through 5 times as much rum as I'd expected, and my blender needed a f*cking cigarette.  Can never go wrong with Pina Coladas.

_________

Peeve - when I'm 2 hours deep into reorganizing a couple rooms and realize I forgot to turn on the music and have been bouncing random thoughts around the whole time.. ./eyetwitch/   hahah grandma pass the meds because this ceasar salad is fully fcking cooked lool

Add one more to the "I can't drink anymore because of medical crap" list lmao. I drank waaay too much in my early 20s though, so it's for the best. I have invasive fungal sinusitis, which technically has no cure. It's managed (after you have surgery) by healthy living and not doing anything that upsets your sinuses. My ENT told me, "Alcohol upsets the sinuses. Stop drinking." So now I don't drink lol. I'll tell you this though, it's kind of funny how some friends will actually get ANGRY at you for not drinking. Like, YOU can still drink just because I'm not... lol. Anyway, I digress. xD

Hahahaha! They always got angry at me if I used the religious beliefs excuse (you all can drink, I just don't, but it's all cool! I'll enjoy my sprite here, lol). Heaven bless the medical excuse now because I've yet to have someone get fussy about that one! xD

#PeopleAreWeird

So adventures in homeownership (week 1):

Our water heater doesn't work. RIP. Home warranty claim inc. (we turned temps up, pilot light seems to be lit, hot water valve is open, etc etc; the thing is probably over 10 years old)

My dryer, which has functioned flawlessly for four years, won't turn on after a single load. (reset breaker and everything) RIP, bro. (probably blew the thermal fuse, but I want a guy to come look at it to find out why it quit/blew the fuse)

10/10 would recommend buying your own home again.

13 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Hahahaha! They always got angry at me if I used the religious beliefs excuse (you all can drink, I just don't, but it's all cool! I'll enjoy my sprite here, lol). Heaven bless the medical excuse now because I've yet to have someone get fussy about that one! xD

#PeopleAreWeird

So adventures in homeownership (week 1):

Our water heater doesn't work. RIP. Home warranty claim inc. (we turned temps up, pilot light seems to be lit, hot water valve is open, etc etc; the thing is probably over 10 years old)

My dryer, which has functioned flawlessly for four years, won't turn on after a single load. (reset breaker and everything) RIP, bro. (probably blew the thermal fuse, but I want a guy to come look at it to find out why it quit/blew the fuse)

10/10 would recommend buying your own home again.

Please please just know that owning a home is a never ending task.  Multiple tasks all the time.  Never no rest.  

But doesn’t it feel good to OWN everything? 

Gratz on house!!

6 hours ago, Gamegenie-SL said:

Please please just know that owning a home is a never ending task.  Multiple tasks all the time.  Never no rest.  

But doesn’t it feel good to OWN everything? 

Gratz on house!!

It is. It is never-ending task. xD

But it does feel nice. No worrying about renewing leases. No 24-48 hour notices of visit by landlords. I can be loud because we're not sharing walls with people. We finally have a place we can do what we want to. So nice.

-crawls out of hole-

Eyyyy I finally managed to log in, holy nyerk. ("There was an error on our end, please try again!" -shanks it-)

-Have I ever mentioned my dislike of math? In particular, pre-calculus? No? Okay, well, I hate it with the passion of a thousand suns.

-To add, college in general, and the constant, constant shoving of political beliefs down everybody's throat. I didn't like my grandma force-feeding me as a kid. I don't like being force-fed kool-aid now. Feck off. (Ironic, how I'm enjoying the politics course though. The professor isn't as one-sided as the rest of the college.)

-Mothers, and constant nagging and spouting of bullshit. The doctor said to take a pill every day? I'm taking it. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing, unlike you, who is still harping on my diet, which has literally nothing to do with what I went in for, and which the doctors also said was perfectly fine. So, please, save my ears. Shut. Up. Already. Youaren't helping, you're just making my blood pressure rise and giving me a headache. (Neither of which were the issue before)

-Speaking of, doctor's offices. And hospitals. And ambulances (That was a first, and may there not e a repeat. Pretty please?)

-People in the dorms running all up and down the halls, and screaming loudly. All night. I got 2 hours of sleep, starting at 7 in the nyerk morning. -incoherent growling-

-Missed about a week of spanish assignments. Gotta make all of them up before this week is over. Ugh. They're long and tedious and it takes an hour to watch a 5 minute video (that's unskippable) with the campus wifi being as it is here.

8 hours ago, NotCheesecake-KT said:

Yeah, someone took my name on Danaria (where Cheesecake was). Ticket in with Support now. >_> 

It's fun watching people brag about stealing names...bragging about breaking the name policy...lol.

I stayed up till servers came online just to make sure no one got my name.  

3 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Did you get Cheesecake back? Nice.

Edit:

Didnt you say some weeks ago someone took Cheesecake on certain servers, but that they were nice? Could have been them.

No. Unfortunately, the person who took it yesterday happened to brag on FB about taking it, thinking I wouldn't hear about it, but it's a small world... I have a fan club! :/:(:|

C9aIVKq.png

There was only one Cheesecake who could even possibly compete with me for the name on Danaria, and they haven't played in years. As to Katalam, that was the one where I wasn't certain if the SL-Cheesecake existed or was a good person or anything.

I owned Cheesecake on BR, KR, and IS; IS Cheesecake for years (2010?).

Oh well. It was just a mild inconvenience since I got my ticket in at the beginning, and now I know for certain that my fan club still luuuuuuves me dearly.

Everything I could ever want in my life.

i-dont-know-what-i-expected.png

6 minutes ago, Larxe-KT said:

- Not a peeve, I'm getting a Mini Lop Bunny tomorrow! I'm so ready.

Bunnehhhhhhh!

Archived