Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Larxe-KT said:

Not a peeve, Ordered some new winter pajamas that will be arriving tomorrow. Flannel and red! My body is ready. <3

Looking forwards to the holidays.

Oooo! I love winter PJs. <3

2 hours ago, Dolanna-DN said:

Pet Peeve: As a floor associate of a craft store, I can't stand when customers decide to not get something and then don't put it back where they found it. I can understand if they find it misplaced, but if they knew where they got it from, at least put it back. Makes my day and my coworkers' days a little easier, especially now that we're putting Christmas stock out (which is a peeve in its own category due to being covered in glitter for the rest of eternity by just looking at everything covered in glitter).

I once watched someone put a tub of ice cream on a random shelf in the grocery store. :/ I grabbed it and gave it to an employee, saying what happened. I hate that so much.

and I hate Christmas season shopping in a craft store just because of the glitter lol. Never thought about what that must be like for you guys! Dx

2 hours ago, Gamegenie-KT said:

When I open twitter to see the best headlines

edit: wth is it going to do with a citizen ship

I’m all like 

Holy frick, this is being a pain to edit.

Didn't Saudi Arabia barely legalize driving for women??? Wtfffffffff.

Not a Peeve (yet a Peeve):

Officially told to my face that I'm type-2 bipolar...and the mania phase can manifest as stupidly increased depression. wtfbrain.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I once watched someone put a tub of ice cream on a random shelf in the grocery store. :/ I grabbed it and gave it to an employee, saying what happened. I hate that so much.

and I hate Christmas season shopping in a craft store just because of the glitter lol. Never thought about what that must be like for you guys! Dx

Holy frick, this is being a pain to edit.

Didn't Saudi Arabia barely legalize driving for women??? Wtfffffffff.

Officially told to my face that I'm type-2 bipolar...and the mania phase can manifest as stupidly increased depression. wtfbrain.

Damn that sucks but at least on the upside, you don’t have HIV 

1 hour ago, Bryos-KT said:

Saudi Arabia is such a progressive thinking country, isnt it?

They are basically San Francisco #2

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Winter PJ's! <3

I hope the new diagnosis doesn't change too much for you! Although it sounds that it does.(?)

/Hugs anyway!

Peeve but not a peeve- Had to clean all the cat stuff today, quite a lot of work, more stuff to do tomorrow, but as he's also going tomorrow, it's all worth it!

Peeve- When a short nap becomes a 2 hour nap. Idk how you single parents do this kinda thing,(at least in toddler phase)  such sorcery.?

Not a peeve- Finally opening a bank account in the UK! I always used my Dutch one cause lazy, mixed with PayPal and my bf's bank account, but it was too much of a hazard to keep managing three. Now I can blend in better with the British.?

- How much of a pain drinking more water is. I share the same dreams and wishes as my kidneys, but me and my bladder ain't getting along. Life is hard.

- Missing people like Cascabel and Faerarden.

13 minutes ago, Gamegenie-KT said:

Damn that sucks but at least on the upside, you don’t have HIV

I don't know why, but I laughed really, really, really hard at that. xD

12 minutes ago, Larxe-KT said:

Winter PJ's! <3

I hope the new diagnosis doesn't change too much for you! Although it sounds that it does.(?)

/Hugs anyway!

Peeve but not a peeve- Had to clean all the cat stuff today, quite a lot of work, more stuff to do tomorrow, but as he's also going tomorrow, it's all worth it!

Peeve- When a short nap becomes a 2 hour nap. Idk how you single parents do this kinda thing,(at least in toddler phase)  such sorcery.?

Not a peeve- Finally opening a bank account in the UK! I always used my Dutch one cause lazy, mixed with PayPal and my bf's bank account, but it was too much of a hazard to keep managing three. Now I can blend in better with the British.?

- How much of a pain drinking more water is. I share the same dreams and wishes as my kidneys, but me and my bladder ain't getting along. Life is hard.

- Missing people like Cascabel and Faerarden.

I've suspected it was type-2 BPD, but I never had a doc say it to my face or explain just how it affects me, so that was actually really nice. I have an appointment with my drug-dealer-brain-doc to adjust my meds on Monday, and another therapy-therapy to get me some coping skills (and someone to talk to, lol) next week.

I just...it's really weird, right? I'm just happy to have a straight-forward answer, because an answer means I can maybe do something rather than just running around wondering with no idea how to deal with it.

And I totally get the water thing. Gdammit, bladder!

Cascabutt. </3 I miss him.

7 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Just had my dog convulsing in front of me. But I gave him his medicine, and after I sat with him on my lap for some minutes he recovered. It has happened him before, but I was never around for it. :P

dang o-o

On 10/26/2017 at 11:35 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

I've also seen that in grocery stores, too (worked as a cashier for a year in a grocery store before my current job as a floor associate at a craft store). Some people will actually put cold foods in the coolers at the register that have cold drinks in them. Kind of unsettling to have a package of raw meat next to a drink.

For the craft store employees, we actually have to deal with Christmas stuff as early as August due to craft shows needing all holiday things done before the actual holidays. So I'll be covered in glitter from August until February. It's also a pet peeve when I get customers asking me why all of our Christmas stuff is out so early, or complaining that it's out so early. Or even worse, people complaining in December that we have little to no Christmas stuff left AND have Easter things out already. Fun times. xP

To be fair, the perk of working in a craft store is seeing all of the stuff that comes out and having an employee discount to get said stuff if you want it, so I can't be too mad about getting Christmas ornaments for friends' gifts in October for a good price. xD

Archived