Forums

Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

Just now, Bryos-KT said:

Be a proud weeb. :P

I hate deliveries so much. Our doorbell doesnt work, so, when we get one, we have to guard the door as well.

So freaking weeb though. lol

I had to put a big piece of tape over our doorbell because they kept trying to use it. >_<

All this talk of sushi, I went to the sushi place nearby. It was tasty. xD

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mines broken too ;__; well not exactly broken, but the house our apartment is in is so old that we have one of those antique turning doorbells that no one knows how to use except us xD And we're not allowed to stick a modern one outside because of weird codes the town has about the facades of old houses.

Peev 2: Those maneless Elyos-with-black-wings asmodians in the new aion mobile game anger me >:{ I want REAL asmos! With claws. And so much back hair they look like boars D< !

Mmmmm suuushi <3

4 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Finally sitting down and trying to learn a new language, but feeling like a weeb while I'm doing it. :|

I've been kind of in the same boat recently. My mom found out earlier this year that she has a half-sister in Serbia that she never knew about (long story short, her dad's side of the family were dicks), and we've gotten to talk to her and her two sons over Skype. They speak fluent Serbian, as well as my mom. I however know little to none. xD I know more Japanese than Serbian, and even that's only been learned from watching subbed anime over the years. I do want to learn in the rare off-chance that I could get a job in Serbia and live there, as well as know what the hell's going on in conversation. Then again, my best friend and I have been friends for almost 15 years and I still don't know much ASL, since both her parents are deaf. >>;; I should pick up on those...

Not a peeve: I have two days off in a row! And I got next Monday off to go hang with friends in the city! I can smell the Korean hot pot already~

I aced a test so good today. Felt amazing.

I did not know it was going to be today, so I didnt study at all. To my surprise, when I arrived to class, everyone was rather shaken up. Then the professor began passing sheets around.

I was surprised, but after checking the questions, I knew every answer. If it was not a 100%, it was really close. It felt even better when I noticed my classmates frustrated with certain exercises.

24 minutes ago, Larxe-KT said:

- How hard it is to think of a character name!

I basically made my Aion characters the same characters that I play in D&D. >w>;; But for their names, it takes a while until I find a name that suits the character really well, whether it sounds cool or it means something that suits the character's personality or other trait about them. Normally it starts as the former, and then later on I find that the latter fits them as well.

My main Dolanna is actually a gnome bard/barbarian/duskblade that uses a banjo as a weapon in D&D. Long story short, in her campaign she started off as a male gnome bard/barbarian as Dolan, and by gypsy shenanigans, she  got turned into...well, Dolanna. I picked the name Dolan because it sounded nice in my head, and then later on I found that Dolan is Irish for "black-haired." Which...Dolanna's a redhead. >>;; But I found that in this one Gnomish dictionary I found online, the word "doliin" means "song." A little bit of a stretch, maybe, but it works for what I was going for. xD

52 minutes ago, Dolanna-DN said:

I basically made my Aion characters the same characters that I play in D&D. >w>;; But for their names, it takes a while until I find a name that suits the character really well, whether it sounds cool or it means something that suits the character's personality or other trait about them. Normally it starts as the former, and then later on I find that the latter fits them as well.

My main Dolanna is actually a gnome bard/barbarian/duskblade that uses a banjo as a weapon in D&D. Long story short, in her campaign she started off as a male gnome bard/barbarian as Dolan, and by gypsy shenanigans, she  got turned into...well, Dolanna. I picked the name Dolan because it sounded nice in my head, and then later on I found that Dolan is Irish for "black-haired." Which...Dolanna's a redhead. >>;; But I found that in this one Gnomish dictionary I found online, the word "doliin" means "song." A little bit of a stretch, maybe, but it works for what I was going for. xD

The last time I was creating D&D character name, I googled "tiefling name generator" and kept clicking "Generate", until I found something I liked. Then I typed random staff into notepad, edited it to make it readable and that's how I got her surname. Then I added some reasonable middle name, because reasons. The result is Ararissa Euphemia d'Argthaor, you can call her 'Ari'.

But the funniest name origin was, when we started playing 4e and I created eladrin-cleric. After we got the classes and stats, we got test combat and during like fourth or fifth round, when all my spells did radiant damage, someone said "so shiny". And I replied: "OK, I'll call her Shaine".

And of course my dwarf barbarian with a greataxe is called Ruby. Because reasons.

7 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

Cheese with a Pikachu onsie. That would be the best.

Kawaii af, lol.

Sylvana's would be super hard because armor, but it's really cool! I'd also need to work out on my core lol. (not that I don't need to be doing that anyway.../fatcake)

Genderbent Mario is actually feasible. I'll pass that by Husbando. :o

Archived