Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pet Peeve: Figuring out all of the bases that need to be covered for a Terms of Service for future art commissions and typing said Terms of Service document until 4 in the morning. Not fun, don't try it, kids (the "work until 4 in the morning" part, at least).

Not a Peeve: Redid a piece I did back in 2009 for an art college poster contest and gave it so much more justice. Also made it with a less gremlin-looking child. What the hell was I thinking 8 years ago with my art skills back then. :S

26 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Not a Peeve:

Evaluation for LASIK this week! \o/

Peeve:

Ruminating and wondering how I nyerked up socially this weekend, whether or not I did nyerk up. CAKE Y R U SO HAWKWARD NOOOOO Q_Q

I do the exact same thing! Drives me nuts.

Peeve:

Going from happy/content/this is a good day to randomly sad and irritable in an instant. Wtf brain. Nyerk you toooo!

Not a Peeve:

Glad I didn't preorder Star Wars: Battlefront 2 because I knew EA was going to nyerk everything up (again). Going to wait for everything to chill tf out and see if the single player/self-made matches are worth the $60.

Peeve: The cold weather. I'm usually a fan of the cold, but it's been colder than I like. Having rheumatoid arthritis in my joints doesn't make the cold more tolerable, however. Even when wearing my gloves my hands still stiffen up a bit. Blech.

Not a Peeve: City trip was a success on Monday! One friend and his fiance gave me homemade cookies, and another friend gave me a chocolate orange. Not to mention seeing Murder on the Orient Express and getting hot pot and mochi afterwards was awesome. :D

4 hours ago, Dolanna-DN said:

Peeve: The cold weather. I'm usually a fan of the cold, but it's been colder than I like. Having rheumatoid arthritis in my joints doesn't make the cold more tolerable, however. Even when wearing my gloves my hands still stiffen up a bit. Blech.

Not a Peeve: City trip was a success on Monday! One friend and his fiance gave me homemade cookies, and another friend gave me a chocolate orange. Not to mention seeing Murder on the Orient Express and getting hot pot and mochi afterwards was awesome. :D

Oooou homemade cookies are the best! 

Having some sads right now that they're closing MXM, but the game is all but literally dead.

On the plus side, my fabrics-and-patterns-assembled "Honor Student" Innowin can be generic anime schoolgirl.

And both original Innowin and DevKit Innowin taught me a lot of new crafting methods.

But still sad.

Also kind of mad.

And a tiny bit nervous.

Just now, Larxe-KT said:

Huh, why? Didn't that open recently'ish?

June, lol.

In short summary, the game is dead; it's probably not making money.

They didn't really advertise ever. They depended on word of mouth. They made some EXTREMELY unpopular decisions about changing the pricing of masters in the game, and they had lots of lag problems for a really long time.

And Lineage 2 Revolution mobile game just released...

In all fairness, 5 months ago really isn't a very long time ago. xD rip

On the plus side, now I can recycle the box I was going to transport Nova (rifle) in since I'm not going to be traveling with it anymore, lol.

I know it was a whole shitstorm of things that went down to close it, but I still can't help but be disappointed that the biggest question I had, that I came up with at 6:30 am while eating breakfast in the hotel lobby (with a massive headache), was "how are you advertising" and getting a response that functionally equaled "we aren't; you (players) are!"

12 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

In all fairness, 5 months ago really isn't a very long time ago. xD rip

On the plus side, now I can recycle the box I was going to transport Nova (rifle) in since I'm not going to be traveling with it anymore, lol.

I know it was a whole shitstorm of things that went down to close it, but I still can't help but be disappointed that the biggest question I had, that I came up with at 6:30 am while eating breakfast in the hotel lobby (with a massive headache), was "how are you advertising" and getting a response that functionally equaled "we aren't; you (players) are!"

Yikes! 

2 hours ago, Larxe-KT said:

Well, it seems like people speaking up made a difference for BF2.

For now.

I don't trust EA. I think this is just a move to get people to buy the game today/this weekend.

Lootboxes are totally on their way to being regulated thanks to this. Not necessarily in the US, but EU nations got kind of peeved.

Archived