Real Life Pet Peeve Thread v2

Cheesecake-DN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Laser eye surgery to hopefully get me to no longer need glasses or contacts.

I won a steep discount on it from a raffle loool.

Which version are you getting? I heard there are bladeless versions now.

I always wanted Lasik but I always cringed at the thought of having to watch a scalpel approach my eyes during the procedure and not being able to do anything about it. *shudder*

4 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

I always wanted Lasik but I always cringed at the thought of having to watch a scalpel approach my eyes during the procedure and not being able to do anything about it. *shudder*

I think it's bladeless. The one I youtube'd and watched had this really weird device that did the cutting for the flap that wasn't a scalpel. I'll let you all know sometime next week what they did for mine lol.

I asked about sedatives, and they said no, q_q 

4 hours ago, Larxe-KT said:

My bf is jelly, his eyes are super bad!

I'm hoping it works out nice because it'd be awesome to not need these glasses anymore. xD Wear my costumes without problems!

On 11/16/2017 at 1:37 AM, Mayinne-DN said:

At least you have warning, that it's cold outside, when you wake up and you can prepare before leaving the house. :D 

That is true. xD I also just get warning via my RA when it rains as well - I know when rain's coming a day or two before by my joints acting up. Thankfully I have some really nice double-insulated knitted gloves that can go from fingerless gloves to mittens, they're a lifesaver in cold weather. Even better when I can get a thinner glove layered under them for extra warmth and prevent my hands from getting too stiff.

I also have a pair of compression gloves I wear when the stiffness/inflammation is really bad. I should start using them more when I knit or do computer work, honestly. Might help lessen some of that I have from just the cold alone.

36 minutes ago, Dolanna-DN said:

That is true. xD I also just get warning via my RA when it rains as well - I know when rain's coming a day or two before by my joints acting up. Thankfully I have some really nice double-insulated knitted gloves that can go from fingerless gloves to mittens, they're a lifesaver in cold weather. Even better when I can get a thinner glove layered under them for extra warmth and prevent my hands from getting too stiff.

I also have a pair of compression gloves I wear when the stiffness/inflammation is really bad. I should start using them more when I knit or do computer work, honestly. Might help lessen some of that I have from just the cold alone.

Every time I buy gloves, sooner or later one of them(!) magically disappears. ¬¬ 

Some time ago a friend recommended me chilli-band-aid. When put around wrists, it does miracles - it goes from "Ow, so comfortably warm" to "OMGWTFBBQ it burns! But hey, it doesn't hurt anymore!"

At 60, I spammed Refined Morio Dissolving Fluid.

they take 50 spirit stone of dark stamina per (cheap)

and 1 morio diss fluid per (not cheap) 

to craft about 2,000, it costs about 180m because the fluids

might there be a cheaper way?  No idea, but that recipe had fewest mats needed 

On 11/18/2017 at 0:10 PM, Forgotten-DN said:

So good news, you don't see the cutting device because mine used a suction device that has the bonus effect of blacking out your vision. Tbqh, that was the worst part. Most uncomfortable, alarming, and painful part. The laser was ez look at blinking light.

Doc also gave me stress balls to squeeze, for which I was much appreciate because I was trying to not flip tf out.

Afterward, it felt like what I imagine being pepper sprayed in the face feels like. Feel a lot better after a nap. Still can't use a computer until tomorrow or drive. And I'm too drained to want to anyway. /wuss

Vision is so much better now! Already!

22 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

Aww, that is good, Cheese. Blacking out your vision... damn, and I thought shattering my wisdom tooth and taking it piece by piece was uncomfortable. :P

Bruh, I'm not looking forward to that one. Like, I would so rather not, lol.

It's so weird not needing glasses. 16 years with them!

Just now, Bryos-KT said:

Wait. How are you typing now if you cannot use computers until tomorrow?

I am too much of a wuss to even consider eye surgery. I cannot even put on contact lens. :P

Phone. At comfortable distance and lots of blinking. xD

1/10 do not recommend trying to use a phone within the first 4 hours after surgery. xD

There's a story behind why I got lasik, and I'll try to type it tomorrow. It's too long to phone. xD

Archived