Fix for House Script Bug

As many of you know, the interface for house scripts have been bugged for a year now, with the code editor basically not working at all and the script text being replaced with gibberish. Well, apparently there's a surprisingly easy fix for this bug.

https://imgur.com/a/90LVD

Basically, this bug is caused by a single missing file within the data.pak compressed file. All you have to do is copy a file called "aioncodeeditor.html" (which currently exists in the ui.pak file [Aion -> Data -> ui]) and paste it into the data.pak file [Aion -> L10N -> enu -> data]. 

Alternatively, for those who don't have the software to read .pak files, you can replace your broken data.pak file with someone else's fixed data.pak file.

Keep in mind that every time you update Aion, your fixed data.pak file will be replaced with the broken version (AKA the version with aioncodeeditor.html missing), so you have to do this after every maintenance if you regularly code house scripts.

Thanks to Angel Perez for discovering this fix.

9 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

Wow. If it is that simple to fix, why don't they just correct the problem themselves instead of leaving us to replace the missing file every damn time we have to update the launcher?

I wish I knew :/ 

My guess is that housing in general is at the bottom of their priority list, since it's 3.X content that only a minority of players are actually invested in.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 10:25 PM, Rinkusan-KT said:

As many of you know, the interface for house scripts have been bugged for a year now, with the code editor basically not working at all and the script text being replaced with gibberish. Well, apparently there's a surprisingly easy fix for this bug.

This fix worked partially for me (i.e. it restored the 'square' icon that lets you customize the output options for scripts like Greeting & Resize), but the whole "Script" field itself remains inaccessible. This can be a problem since most custom scripts you can still find online were based around the idea that players should copy-paste the script into the "Script" field directly (because the Import function has a very low character limit(.

So if you are like me and the "Script" field remains inaccessible on your end as well you can do the following, which was posted on the previous forum by user Aroch. You need to be out of the game to do this:

Go into your game folder/data/housing/lbox_archived.xml file, and manually copy-paste the script into this file. It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" ?>
<lboxes>
<lbox>
<id>10001</id>
<name><![CDATA[name of first script]]></name>
<desc><![CDATA[description of script]]></desc>
<script><![CDATA[paste the script here]]></script>
<icon>1</icon>
</lbox>
<lbox>
<id>10002</id>
<name><![CDATA[name of second script]]></name>
<desc><![CDATA[description of script]]></desc>
<script><![CDATA[just paste to here your second script]]></script>
<icon>1</icon>
</lbox>
</lboxes>

And finally, add the scripts in game by using 'deposit' tab (Edit Script > "+" icon > "Deposit" tab -> Select the new script -> Install)

In other words, by editing and adding stuff to the game's script container file directly it still is possible to use those advanced custom scripts people made in the past, even if in-game script editing is completely botched in 5.x. Again, maybe the solution from the first post solved all problems for you, but it it didn't (like in my case) you can do this.

19 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

Again, maybe the solution from the first post solved all problems for you, but it it didn't (like in my case) you can do this.

Rinkusan's solution working very well, but you need to apply fix after every weekly update.

20 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

Rinkusan's solution working very well, but you need to apply fix after every weekly update.

I have been doing that and more, trust you me, but all it does for me is restore the square icon. The script field simply won't show up. Nada. I have heard the same story from some others who also used the fix from the first post but found that, while it improves things, it didn't fix the issues for them completely.

I read somewhere that the issue may be related to whether you run a 32-bit or 64-bit client, with the latter giving more problems when it comes to this (I have 64-bit). Nevertheless, I eventually got it to work with your solution, so thought I'd just throw that in here in case there are others who also find that the first fix doesn't resolve all problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So just trying to catch back up on this. So recently got myself an Estate again since i returned and I remember our scripts being bugged. Do we still need to do this type of fix thing every maintenance or is there a perm solution script now? Help pls, I need mys place to look good. No other reason to log on Aion other then my Estate again.

• 8 months later...

Mirei, I put the codes into the  Ibox_archived file but ncsoft denies access to saving the file with the added codes.  It would be nice if someone who had NA corrected file would have a link so we could access and replace the file. I would like to have the fixed file as well.  It has been very frustrating.  I found they can make a game but are clueless how to deal with problems most of their doing.

Archived