The "Filthy Casuals" of Aion

Rinkusan-KT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Your entire post was about "low level" content. Sad news.. Aion has passed you by, Tweak Boy.

First, let's take the Fast Track Server. That server has zero PvP. No rifts. No contact at all with characters of the opposite race. Bye-bye, 'low level' PvP.. which was just another name for two shotting those that haven't even the possibility of fighting back.. something you later in your post decry has horrible when a geared level 75 does it to a quest geared level 66. Hypocrisy? Sure! Why not?! Let's have an extra large scoop. Since the Fast Track Server was created to give players a safe environment to level and learn their classes, those server low level areas were totally empty. So the devs added the guards (that drop relics and ap potions) and opened the rifts to max level characters. Those areas were re-purposed into now useable areas. Hooray for the devs! Taa-daa! Why the rifts were and should have been opened to all levels in a nutshell.

The second big draw of the Fast Track Servers (aside from safety from e-peen) is that while leveling there you get double xp! Another hooray for the devs! Since Aion is a game that is focused on end-game content (though now instead of just being max level content, it is arch-dava - 66 to 75 - content), leveling is now so much easier and faster. That means that playing the game as intended, players don't really have time for B or C Dredg as they end up blowing past those levels. Anyone choosing to hang out around B level dredg level has only themselves to blame for long long queue times. Arch-daeva PvP instances pop a whole lot quicker, as they should.

P.S. Yes. This is an anti-tweak rant. Though in my defense that you brought up all tweak issues in a thread that is speaking about the plight of the "casual" player just burns my bacon. Tweaks are not casual players. Tweaks were, back in the day, the bane of casual players. You had to be pretty hard-core to push past the constant gank-fest that existed prior to the arrival of the Fast Track Server. Tweaks have driven away far far far more causal players from Aion than any other single thing since Aion went live. So I say.. Good riddance, Tweaks. Put on your big boy panties, level up and come play with the adults. 

Show us on the doll where the bad "tweak" touched you.  The fact is, there used to be a campaign quest that took you to the abyss at 25.  Maybe you were too busy hiding in town from the evil "tweaks" to get it?  I know that I had a lot of fun PvPing in the abyss, as well as Morheim, Elten, Beluslan, Heiron and even Gelk.  I had a blast PvPing in sieges too.  All of that was available, if not advisable, from 25 on in the abyss, anyway.  Not so much any more, and reading your post, I'd say it's because of PTSD from low level PvP?

I find it more than a little ironic that you feel the devs have to build the game to please as many players as possible (except those evil tweaks).  Pick a side of the fence and come down on it, mate, because I'm getting dizzy from trying to follow your diametrically opposed view points.  As to "Aion passed you by, tweak boy", in three weeks I have 3 Archdaevas, and a brand spanking new level 4 legion with exactly one person in it, me.  It would seem that, despite your fear of "tweaks", when I came back, after three years gone, to a different game, I adapted just fine.  Sorry if you can't see how a new player that may want to get shoulder deep in PvP is going to feel left way behind when they can't start generating the AP they need for entry level PvP gear until it made you happy.  So see a therapist mate, your issue with "tweaks" has little to nothing to do with me.

You made it all about "tweaks" mate, not me.  I made it about being able to generate AP for entry level PvP based gear.  The lower abyss went from 25 to 48.  How is that helping, when there aren't any groups running instances for those 48s?  New players may want to PvP too, you know, and frankly, they're shut out of it until they hit the abyss, although, with the fast track servers, spy quests are 100 times easier, if 2000 times more boring.

59 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Have i been calling Tweaks wrong this whole time? Is it not meant to be Twink?

Pfft. Not enough coffee this morning. Fixed it. Thanks!

@Ashlayna-DN.. the naughty Twinks didn't touch me anywhere. I was already 50 when they became a thing. I have watched the devs in Korea try everything in the book in order to -stop- the game bleeding new and casual players due to Twinks since 2009. Finally we have a game that does that.

So here you come into a thread that is trying to suggest ways to make the game more palatable to the casual player and you cry about rifts in low levels with no level cap. Since 99.9% of the characters being leveled are on the Fast Track Server, why does it matter if the rifts have no cap? Only a twink looking to slaughter the undergeared would since they can't get at their targets now. See.. twink problem.

Then you cry about C Dredg never popping for you. Who the hell runs C dredg any more? Everyone is busy leveling so fast that they blow by those levels. So who cares about C Dredg? That's right! Twinks again. 

Lastly you cry about the abyss not being accessible until the 40s. How exactly is that a problem for the casual player? The casual player is not going to be PvPing until they reach arch-daeva. Their first PvP set is probably going to be an arena set or a myth ancient coin.. neither of which needs ap. They have plenty of time and plenty of ways as arch-daevas to get both ap and medals to slowly build their 70 or 75 abyss set. The only person that is going to want a baby abyss set would be a twink. 

All your points have nothing to do with casual players and everything to do with twinks.

If you were an active twink back in the day, you knew what you were doing. You knew that killing someone in blues and greens over and over and over was going to make them logout. You knew that doing that day after day was going to make them quit. You knew that your enjoyment of the game was actually hurting the population of the game. The Korean Devs also knew what you were doing and put a stop to it and not by telling you that you can't twink, but by making it boring and unprofitable. No one is telling you that you can't twink to your hearts content. Just don't cry that somehow the steps taken by the Korean Devs to stop twinks somehow hurt the casual player.

On a random note for getting AP as a "low level"...

You can do kumuki (solo instance) starting at level 46 and get a crackton of AP/spinel medals.

So much faster than farming "players" and dredges.

Edit 2:

You can also get level 50 and below AP gear and trade it through your account warehouse to an alt on the same server/account.

After playing for a month now this is how i feel about Aion

I honestly believe that if you took away every map in Aion and gave players a Giant white room as far as the eye could see with entry portals to all instances and event NPCs in the middle of the room. You would have the same experience you are currently having in Aion as a new/casual/returning/veteran player.

@Cheesecake-DN Your post about kumuki got me thinking even tho i consider it the best thing to ever happen to Aion's legitimate playing community. All my upgrades have came from running this instance selling items i got from kumuki and then buying my items outright that people probably got from events.

So are we talking about twinks now? Idk why Aly is so mad about them, maybe some bad experience in the past. They did hurt casual players in the past, true. But now they are harmless. Twinking at lv 40, like Ashlayna said, has no impact on casual players. Especially after the introduction of the fledgling gear, every abyss gear is useless below lv65.

And the FTS covers you until lv65, don't forget it. If someone still plays on the standard server at level 40 or 50, maybe it's because they WANT (or better they would like - since they are desert) to pvp with other similar players?

Casual players can keep playing on the FTS now. Twinks are not a threat for them anymore. And if you want to enjoy some PvP instance without spending billions of kinah to enchant your gear, a lowbie dredgion could have been a solution. If you don't want to be killed by twinks, you could just skip it (not that hard to level up 5 levels). Dredgion is dead anyway at low levels. From my point of view, twinks WERE annoying like hell for casual players in the past, but nowadays, as the game changed, they were one of the few ways to enjoy some fair pvp with other similar players.

It's the zerg on the new maps that casual players cannot avoid, not <65

I’m gonna stroll in and comment that there’s very good arguments and opinions here regarding the issue. For me personally, the game was more fun pre 5.0, now it’s a race to 75. The game doesn’t feel pvpve but either just PvP or just PvE. It can be a challenge to balance those two out if you live outside the US due to time zones. Seeing FTS so dead is actually quite depressing. 

5 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

Twinking at lv 40, like Ashlayna said, has no impact on casual players. Especially after the introduction of the fledgling gear, every abyss gear is useless below lv65.

Casual players can keep playing on the FTS now. Twinks are not a threat for them anymore.  From my point of view, twinks WERE annoying like hell for casual players in the past

... That's what Aly was saying lol. She's saying twinks hurt casual players IN THE PAST and caused them to leave the game. Ashlayna implied that low level PVP being gone now was a problem. Aly was saying no, it's not, it's actually good because if it still existed, twinks would STILL be hurting casual players.

16 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Pfft. Not enough coffee this morning. Fixed it. Thanks!

@Ashlayna-DN.. the naughty Twinks didn't touch me anywhere. I was already 50 when they became a thing. I have watched the devs in Korea try everything in the book in order to -stop- the game bleeding new and casual players due to Twinks since 2009. Finally we have a game that does that.

So here you come into a thread that is trying to suggest ways to make the game more palatable to the casual player and you cry about rifts in low levels with no level cap. Since 99.9% of the characters being leveled are on the Fast Track Server, why does it matter if the rifts have no cap? Only a twink looking to slaughter the undergeared would since they can't get at their targets now. See.. twink problem.

Then you cry about C Dredg never popping for you. Who the hell runs C dredg any more? Everyone is busy leveling so fast that they blow by those levels. So who cares about C Dredg? That's right! Twinks again. 

Lastly you cry about the abyss not being accessible until the 40s. How exactly is that a problem for the casual player? The casual player is not going to be PvPing until they reach arch-daeva. Their first PvP set is probably going to be an arena set or a myth ancient coin.. neither of which needs ap. They have plenty of time and plenty of ways as arch-daevas to get both ap and medals to slowly build their 70 or 75 abyss set. The only person that is going to want a baby abyss set would be a twink. 

All your points have nothing to do with casual players and everything to do with twinks.

If you were an active twink back in the day, you knew what you were doing. You knew that killing someone in blues and greens over and over and over was going to make them logout. You knew that doing that day after day was going to make them quit. You knew that your enjoyment of the game was actually hurting the population of the game. The Korean Devs also knew what you were doing and put a stop to it and not by telling you that you can't twink, but by making it boring and unprofitable. No one is telling you that you can't twink to your hearts content. Just don't cry that somehow the steps taken by the Korean Devs to stop twinks somehow hurt the casual player.

Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.  I have laid out exactly what I observed upon returning after a 3 year hiatus, and you have gone on a tirade about twinks.  Of course I've replied about them, since it's your main obsession in life, however, I would qualify, at this point, as a casual returning player, and yet, according to your tirade, I was part of the problem, and the devs shouldn't be building the game to suit me, although they should be building it to suit as many players as possible.

I run C Dredge, or would, if I could get it, leveling up one of the toons that you have spent the last two pages crying about.  Those new players that we're supposed to be discussing?  They may want to run it too.  Way to drop the ball on catering to new players, eh?  So long as those filthy twinks are nuked, you're fine.  Perhaps you should evaluate where it is you really stand, and then edit your posts accordingly?  Ironically, I was looking at one of my lowbies yesterday, clearing out inventories and shuffling stuff into the legion warehouse, and it had a whopping 6 kills.  Then I realized what the issue was, I'd looked at the level, and thought I had been using it to PvP.  Turns out, I was using it to store a +10 Flash set that I had made sometime around 2009-2010.  I get that you believe that date has major significance, and maybe that you think that that date gives you superior knowledge to anyone else posting in the forums, but I preordered my Collector's Edition after playing during the closed betas, and rolled up my pre-select toons as soon as I could get in.

As to what it has to do with casuals, I addressed that too, but in your blind rage to "thrash that twink in forum PvP", you completely missed it, making blind rage the most appropriate term to describe your tirade.  We can't address casual players, because they may not want us to address them.  They may not have the time to play in order to be competitive, or they may simply not want to be.  The problem is, if they dumb the game down any more there won't be a game left.  The "anti-twink" measures they've taken have been absolutely stellar for retaining players, I mean, let's look, the game went from 5 servers to 2...  Wait, that's not right, is it?  That means that, despite these efforts to "thwart the twink", the population is in an overall worse state now than when I left.  Using my little ranger as evidence of what's wrong with the game, your half hearted attempt at ridicule demonstrates it perfectly:  She can't get a C Dredge to pop, and she needs one win for her title.  I can get it later, if any of those are popping, or I can be SoL.  If I were a new player, and this was my only toon, I'd quit after a week of that.  How are your "anti-twink" measures accounting for that player?  They're not 70+ or geared, so they're not getting into a legion.  I made my own, and the act of taking my two accounts and getting 13 of my toons into it raised it to level 3 on the first day.  I surely didn't do that by farming Rank 9s and bots in Elysea.

Short of making every instance in the game solo-able, there's not much more they can do to accommodate a casual play style.  Short of handing out, or selling lvl 75, fully geared toons, there's not much else they can do.  I mentioned in another thread that I was going to be playing out an Elyos toon until Archdaeva, to see how that story compares to the Asmo version, but after that, I'm probably out of here, again.  They took away the things that I found the most entertaining in the game, and while you focus on "twink", there was a lot more context to it than that, even in the initial post that got you started on this tirade.  {b]You{/b] are the one focusing this discussion on twinks, not me.  I've even reiterated some of what I see as a problem for new players, but hey, they nuked the twinks, screw the new players, right?  Save the white knighting of design choices for someone that hasn't been around for a while, they may actually believe it's good for the game.  I know better, and I know better because I've been around for a long time too.

8 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

... That's what Aly was saying lol. She's saying twinks hurt casual players IN THE PAST and caused them to leave the game. Ashlayna implied that low level PVP being gone now was a problem. Aly was saying no, it's not, it's actually good because if it still existed, twinks would STILL be hurting casual players.

The one problem with Aly's perspective is that, despite how bad they apparently hurt her, some of them weren't farming casuals.  I know that my twinking didn't even start until my first legion bailed for Runes of Magic because of twinks.  So, I made a toon to fight them.  Upon returning, and finding that that aspect of the game was dead, I leveled it, despite not really needing two rangers, and now, since that toon can't get a C Dredge to get her Fenris Fangs title, I'm open to even more rage and ridicule, despite not farming her alts for AP...  That C Dredge pop issue I mentioned would affect new players a lot more than it affects me, I know I can probably get it later, if any of the dredges are popping, so as much as I want to get that title and close that chapter, I can't, but I can play toons that are a lot closer to cap than that ranger.  Ironically, linking Elyos in the upper level range has the same effect that linking twinks did in the past, everyone's too busy running Kumuki(sp) to be bothered, all while complaining about the PvE...  When the same guy is posting the same set of Elyos for an hour, in the same place, there's no improvement for casuals, and there's no Fast Track for 'em to jump to either.  So, at 66, they're subjected to the same things that Aly is crying about happening in the past, getting nuked and being unable to progress.  Only now, it's not twinks, it's capped toons farming people that can barely hit them due to levels and gear separation, and that's even if they're just trying to run their campaigns.  How many "well, I'll come back later"s do you think it takes before they decide "well, I'll just go back to (insert MMO here)"?

Of course, I pointed this out earlier, but in the blind rage against twinks, it was lost to the aether.

2 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

KMzVL_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-

Ok, no need to ruin this thread, it was going well... twinks are dead anyway. FTS will remain until 65 (at least for now) and I don't think any casual player that quit in the last year did it because of them. Right? Neeext

That's kind of my point, in regards to the twink argument.  If FTS was doing all that much for the game, it wouldn't have been necessary to cut it back to two servers from the 5 it had when I left.  So obviously, if that was an attempt to keep the population steady, it failed.  They can't build to suit the casuals, or LFG won't ever be anything but P2W discussion all day, and it has it's days already.  Unless they're planning to market lvl 70 characters with appropriate gear, they're going to have to do something to revitalize the entire game, and no, before it comes up, twinks aren't what I'm referring to, but in order to retain new players, and casual ones, they're going to have to do something to get them, and retain them so that they can get as far into end game as they want to.  I have no doubt that I could level a toon from 10 to 70+ running just Luna, but since part of the argument is "doing the same repetitive quests day in and day out" that's not much of a solution, since it's running the same quest day in and day out.

FTS did a ton for the benefit of the game when it came out in 2012ish (FTS came out well post rift-buffs and post-no PvP level zones, so rifting was already long dead). Even still benefits the game, considering how low the population is and it would be impossible for you to find a group on your own standard server (which was part of the original purpose of the FTS). The game itself is just now mainly catering to existing players rather than new ones. That's the route Korea has chosen to take.

You say you've been gone for the last 3 years, right? So you've missed the grand decisions that have actually led to ruin in the game. Pro-tip: It wasn't the FTS or the death of "rifting" or even EB-phone-home from 4.5 - 5.X.

What really done nyerked the game is patches 4.8-4.9 were god awful and got rid of all the good they'd managed up to that point (entire zones, entire lore, entire game mechanics, entire everything), and 5.0 and its attempt to go back to the glory days of 1.X Aion...including killing casuals in the leveling zones + stupid-ass tedious grind, and other decisions made by NC in 5.0, have literally destroyed the game in Korea and here.

So let's repeat:

It wasn't the FTS that caused Aion to go down from 5 servers to 2. It was a series of shitty decisions made from 4.8 until now that really saw the destruction of the population in NA especially, but has also affected Korea, who have had two major server merges that I know of in the last year and a bit.

4 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

... and now, since that toon can't get a C Dredge to get her Fenris Fangs title, I'm open to even more rage and ridicule ...

Well maybe you can do some research instead of raging :D
There are 3 diferent Captains you can kill to finish the quest : Captain Adhati in B Dredgion, Captain Zanata in C Dredgion, and Captain Mituna in open world Locations here.   Fenris's Fang last quest : Loyalty and Affableness

4 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

...  That C Dredge pop issue I mentioned would affect new players a lot more than it affects me ...

Dredgions can be quite fun and are a really important part of the Lore, but i think is not a big issue for new players, they are going to get in at lv +66 with out much trouble anyway, maybe NCsoft should remove lower levels Dredgions, just like they did with lv 46-50 arenas, or redesing dred for low lvls with a smaller map and only 3vs3 teams to get a faster pop, but i don't thinks that is going to happen or even if it would be really necesary or profitable.

Casual's are never going to stick to aion in it's current state.

If you have a job and a actual life you cannot afford to invest the time into this game,and run your army of Alts to get geared and afford item's.

Even if you spent 20 dollars as a casual which is a sub in most game's you would still not be able to compete.

The next few things i really do believe would bring back more player's and actually make the game somewhat fun again.

Reduce the Xp needed to level,increase experience across the board and i mean majorly so quests and instances give like 5-10% a level not 0000.2%.

Revisist the old maps and design new one's similar to those it's clear that the kata/tia/danaria era was the highpoint of this game work on things that actually work.

Finally the biggest aspect that is killing this game pay2win/gearing aspects.Make enchanting only +15 and temper +5,everyday in trade you see people selling +7/8 access and +20 gear,why is any player going to stick around and invest thousands to be competitive in endgame pvp.

Ncsoft need's to make money from other sources be it skins,housing items instead of encouraging this never ending pay2win gear drive.

Most game's have a point when gearing stops,Aion doesnt chanting is not capped nor is tempering it is a flawed system because it create's far to many gaps and doesn't make the game competitive in anyway.And as far im concerned any player that needs gear over +15 or +5 must seriously suck at pvp,just like most twinks back in the day.

People can belittle and flame my post but it phase's me not the number's speak for themselve's another merge dead starting are'as and a ton of people who sit afking in illuma looking pretty,this is not a very very healthy active game,i saw more activity on release during the first 6 months than have the last 2 years.

And if and when we get this chanting at 20/25 and 28+ i can see the game losing even more people,cause it isnt fun at all,and no casual wants to compete with those smacking down a credit card and getting geared in a few hours with +20 or higher items.

I haven't read the whole thread, ironically, I'm getting ready for work. I'm also Australian, so that puts my playing time when I get home from work at a time when there are the least amount of people logged in. I love playing with the few friends I have online at that time and run the instances I can, but I rarely get to go to sieges or dred - I'm either asleep or working when they are running. When I do (weekends), I try my best to keep up, but I'm out of the loop with the tactics that regular players use. Often, I'm in a group where no one speaks English and I'm still none the wiser when it's all over. Runescape has been mentioned in the OPs post, that's the game I like to return to when Aion pisses me off and I need a break from it. I've been playing Aion for 6 years, but Runescape for much longer. The best way for me to enjoy Aion is not to try to compete, I just build my characters at my own pace and set my own goals. For example: my current project is to run the Alabaster quests to get all my characters a couple of storage pets. Why? Because it gives me a goal that has an achievable end, unlike trying to get, socket, enchant gear that will become outdated with the next update before I can finish it. Sure, there are days when I think "urgh, not Ghostshrooms again..." but it changes every day and I like to see my token total creep ever closer to getting that pet. Small goals. Some of my alts are level 71 and still in lvl55 Cygnea gear, that's fine by me. Sometimes I like to go back to my roots and do all the camp quests they've missed by running Luna to level. I know it's pointless, but I'm a completionist and it makes me happy to do that. I know a lot of people will scoff and won't understand, and that's fine. You do what you do, I'll do what I do, and we can both be happy.

2 hours ago, Kalliann-DN said:

I know it's pointless, but I'm a completionist and it makes me happy to do that. I know a lot of people will scoff and won't understand, and that's fine. You do what you do, I'll do what I do, and we can both be happy.

Dude, no, I totally get it. I actually really, really want to do ALL of the title-related quests (I'm aware some of them require a group or alliance or something nearly impossible such as the current event's title), but I can't seem to find a complete list of them online anywhere. The only lists I've found don't include all of them.

3 hours ago, zikira-KT said:

Casual's are never going to stick to aion in it's current state.

If you have a job and a actual life you cannot afford to invest the time into this game,and run your army of Alts to get geared and afford item's.

Even if you spent 20 dollars as a casual which is a sub in most game's you would still not be able to compete.

The next few things i really do believe would bring back more player's and actually make the game somewhat fun again.

Reduce the Xp needed to level,increase experience across the board and i mean majorly so quests and instances give like 5-10% a level not 0000.2%.

Revisist the old maps and design new one's similar to those it's clear that the kata/tia/danaria era was the highpoint of this game work on things that actually work.

Finally the biggest aspect that is killing this game pay2win/gearing aspects.Make enchanting only +15 and temper +5,everyday in trade you see people selling +7/8 access and +20 gear,why is any player going to stick around and invest thousands to be competitive in endgame pvp.

Ncsoft need's to make money from other sources be it skins,housing items instead of encouraging this never ending pay2win gear drive.

Most game's have a point when gearing stops,Aion doesnt chanting is not capped nor is tempering it is a flawed system because it create's far to many gaps and doesn't make the game competitive in anyway.And as far im concerned any player that needs gear over +15 or +5 must seriously suck at pvp,just like most twinks back in the day.

People can belittle and flame my post but it phase's me not the number's speak for themselve's another merge dead starting are'as and a ton of people who sit afking in illuma looking pretty,this is not a very very healthy active game,i saw more activity on release during the first 6 months than have the last 2 years.

And if and when we get this chanting at 20/25 and 28+ i can see the game losing even more people,cause it isnt fun at all,and no casual wants to compete with those smacking down a credit card and getting geared in a few hours with +20 or higher items.

I think you fell in to the trap card. I fell in it as well :D You are looking at it from a competitive point. I think many of the people here actually agree with you. Some of us like my self included will disagree with some of the things you say but not your point as a whole its a valid point.

1 thing i will mention about your post is no matter how much you want the BCM to change it will always be p2w. If all they sold was skins that means they would take them out of the luna rotation and put the BCM price them higher to accommodate the lack of money they are making from Flash sales on Tempering. This would make 30 dollars skins now worth 2+ billion in game.

5 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

There are 3 diferent Captains you can kill to finish the quest : Captain Adhati in B Dredgion, Captain Zanata in C Dredgion, and Captain Mituna in open world Locations here.   Fenris's Fang last quest : Loyalty and Affableness

Dredgions can be quite fun and are a really important part of the Lore, but i think is not a big issue for new players, they are going to get in at lv +66 with out much trouble anyway, maybe NCsoft should remove lower levels Dredgions, just like they did with lv 46-50 arenas, or redesing dred for low lvls with a smaller map and only 3vs3 teams to get a faster pop, but i don't thinks that is going to happen or even if it would be really necesary or profitable.

That's what I meant after the line you snipped to reply to in the first part about "get it later".  As it stands, that toon is about to level past C Dredge anyway.  When I logged it out, it was a bubble and a half away from 55, but I'd just run Taloc's, and needed a break.

On 12/14/2017 at 5:52 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Dude, no, I totally get it. I actually really, really want to do ALL of the title-related quests (I'm aware some of them require a group or alliance or something nearly impossible such as the current event's title), but I can't seem to find a complete list of them online anywhere. The only lists I've found don't include all of them.

*snuggles* I'm not the only obsessive Title Hunter, yay!

On 12/14/2017 at 2:43 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

This is no longer accurate. Captain Mituna was moved to the LOWER ABYSS.

He's on one of the "new" islands. The place is crawling with balaur elites. At level it's nearly impossible without a group. If you've already leveled past 50 it's best to keep going to at least 65 if you intend to tackle the Captain alone.

Archived