State of the aion??? Come back?

Vandekist-DN

On 12/12/2017 at 0:15 PM, Orihime-KT said:

Heres the brutal truth:

Its a quiet lonely ride from 1-65. Once you leave Poeta/Ishalgen, you'll soon realize no one groups, no one does instances, no one does anything open world related. There's just the solo mad rush to 65. (Even LFG chat is dead.) You'll often find yourself wondering if theres anyone even left playing. 

66-75 is a hardcore grind wherein you'll be navigating through hacker infested waters, breakable gear, horrendous RNG mechanics, and endless/mundane and frustrating, (see hackers), hardcore grinding. Just to hope for the 3% chance to upgrade your gear without the extremely frustrating RNG mechanics exploding said gear and taking you back to square one. All in the name of going out and hoping you don't get insta-pwned in 2 seconds flat by some ultra mega whale, while you're headed to that dull instance you need to run daily just so you can grind through yet even more frustrating mechanics.

If none of that scares you, then by all means give it a try. It is free after all.

If this is how you truly feel about the game...... why do you play ?...

1 hour ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

Find a moba of your preference, intercalate with a battle royale of your preference. Forget Aion until they take actions agains hacking people, stop pay to win mechanics and ease 75 grind.

I dunno. I've found that session based games are more cancerous than any MMO I've played. 

19 hours ago, Altoencocaina-DN said:

If this is how you truly feel about the game...... why do you play ?...

Idk Orihime, but writing on the forum doesn't necessarily imply that you play the game, you know.

Also logging-in few minutes to chat with your friends doesn't probably mean "to play" the game.

To Be Honest with the changes coming up in 6.0 it is a good time to play the game again.  6.0 what has come out so far looks very very promising.  To get to officer on your 2 toons again just need to make 1450 gp a month and you will get a rank again.  

Does the game have some issues yes they really need to do more about hackers though not nearly as bad as it was when had more servers imo.  That said NC needs to actually find a way to deal with the issue once and for all but I think many of those who did got banned in the Fallen Poeta exploit.  Though many of the more famous ones seem to still be around some even on their 2nd and 3rd toons as the community enables them and gets them other toons.  So all games have issues and if Nc would actually deal with this one better it would remove the biggest qq from the community and make the game more enjoyable to play.  Keep in mind many of those who complain about hacks don't know game mechanics or other bugs and everytime they lose will say it was cause of hacks.  

2 hours ago, Tyd-KT said:

To Be Honest with the changes coming up in 6.0 it is a good time to play the game again.  6.0 what has come out so far looks very very promising.  To get to officer on your 2 toons again just need to make 1450 gp a month and you will get a rank again.  

Does the game have some issues yes they really need to do more about hackers though not nearly as bad as it was when had more servers imo.  That said NC needs to actually find a way to deal with the issue once and for all but I think many of those who did got banned in the Fallen Poeta exploit.  Though many of the more famous ones seem to still be around some even on their 2nd and 3rd toons as the community enables them and gets them other toons.  So all games have issues and if Nc would actually deal with this one better it would remove the biggest qq from the community and make the game more enjoyable to play.  Keep in mind many of those who complain about hacks don't know game mechanics or other bugs and everytime they lose will say it was cause of hacks.  

You acknowledge that hacking is a problem, but in the same post you then go on to downplay its effect on the game?

Like for example, saying "many" players that complain about hacks do so cause they suck or are inexperienced, not cause there are actual haxors involved. Or condoning NC inaction by saying things like, "well...all games have problems...". Yeah no game is perfect, still most games aren't MMO's, and most MMO's in NA, (if nothing else), take combating haxors very seriously. One players action can have a greatly adverse effect on a large majority in any massive multiplayer game; let alone dozens of them as you have in this game. 

Nothing enables hackers more than people denying or downplaying hackers or exploiters existence, or that they represent a MAJOR problem. 

6.0 could be the greatest developed expansion or revamp of all time, however unless this games cheating and/or anti hack/exploit safeguards are secured, it'll all be for naught. At least in NA.

Btw, most of those that got banned during the DP exploit drama only recieved temp bans. Upto 2 weeks in most cases. In the grand scheme of things, that proverbial slap on the wrist solved nothing. NCWest needs to get serious about this issue, and NOT allow player spending to dictate punishment parameters.

1 minute ago, Orihime-KT said:

You acknowledge that hacking is a problem, but in the same post you then go on to downplay its effect on the game?

Like for example, saying "many" players that complain about hacks do so cause they suck or are inexperienced, not cause there are actual haxors involved. Or condoning NC inaction by saying things like, "well...all games have problems...". Yeah no game is perfect, still most games aren't MMO's, and most MMO's in NA, (if nothing else), take combating haxors very seriously. One players action can have a greatly adverse effect on a large majority in any massive multiplayer game; let alone dozens of them as you have in this game. 

Nothing enables hackers more than people denying or downplaying hackers or exploiters existence, or that they represent a MAJOR problem. 

6.0 could be the greatest developed expansion or revamp of all time, however unless this games cheating and/or anti hack/exploit safeguards are secured, it'll all be for naught. At least in NA.

Btw, most of those that got banned during the DP exploit drama only recieved temp bans. Upto 2 weeks in most cases. In the grand scheme of things, that proverbial slap on the wrist solved nothing. NCWest needs to get serious about this issue, and NOT allow player spending to dictate punishment parameters.

I agree with what you said however I don't believe everyone when they say so and so is hacking.  So yes Hacking is a problem, No it isn't as widespread as many try to make it out to be, Yes Nc needs to actually Ban people and deal with the issue.

Imo what Nc West actually needs to do is find a told to find the no ani hammers get many of the big names doing it who most of the community knows is doing it and name and shame the hackers.  This has to be done at the highest levels because support has no idea Game mechanics or what is or isn't a hack, I would say support has never even played the game to know.

In Conclusion I have said for years they need to do a better job but too many come in here making it seem like 1000's are hacking and that just isn't the case as to me those false accusations are a pretty big issue to.

Archived