Forums

SM vs Sorc

Alvish-DN

spiritmaster can beat anything for the 1st time in 1v1 but the problem is if you are in an arena you are technically dead the 2nd time he will come to face you and that's not only about sorc but most of the classes,obviusly not the classes that spiritmaster counters like gladi or temp etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorc has always had the advantage vs SM in 1v1 outside of the classic instafear -> fearlock opener. In old patches SM could have a chance if they started from 40m distance with the wing root combo but after they nerfed that in 4.8 you pretty much had to get a perfect earth spirit wall to cancel a sorc cc and bury silence into fear, and even then if the sorc knows how to counter it then the sorc should win.

Medivac is right though. You could bypass the need for skill by just using msupp set as SM and tanking any burst the sorc outputs. Because that's what Aion has come to. Who needs skill when you can just switch to the right gear and auto-win? Every bad tryhard in 5.x just abuses gear and wins cuz aion autism lul

I'

2 hours ago, Miles-KT said:

Sorc has always had the advantage vs SM in 1v1 outside of the classic instafear -> fearlock opener. In old patches SM could have a chance if they started from 40m distance with the wing root combo but after they nerfed that in 4.8 you pretty much had to get a perfect earth spirit wall to cancel a sorc cc and bury silence into fear, and even then if the sorc knows how to counter it then the sorc should win.

Medivac is right though. You could bypass the need for skill by just using msupp set as SM and tanking any burst the sorc outputs. Because that's what Aion has come to. Who needs skill when you can just switch to the right gear and auto-win? Every bad tryhard in 5.x just abuses gear and wins cuz aion autism lul

5 minutes ago, Scarx-DN said:

I think a good sorc can have advantage vs sm.. take a look on this fight:
i dont know why sm didnt open with contract, but even if he do contract/instafear, sorc can easly weave and aoe insta cc, :)

I  would agree with Scarx, but then  a a good "insert any class" will have an advantage versus a a very poorly geared or really inexperienced SM, but honestly who cares? 

And Miles, sorcs have never had the advantage  versus sms, but they do stand a chance in very patch since release, you've not even mentioned old tactics that we don't have any more like gliding off fear, but people adapt.. The advantage however is to the SM. For those people who start theory crafting  theoretical CC lengths,  and saying that the sorc can't possibly survive a fear lock- well that works out very well in forums, but less well in practise, it's not a guaranteed win for either class.

9 minutes ago, Calista-DN said:

I'

I  would agree with Scarx, but then  a a good "insert any class" will have an advantage versus a a very poorly geared or really inexperienced SM, but honestly who cares? 

And Miles, sorcs have never had the advantage  versus sms, but they do stand a chance in very patch since release, you've not even mentioned old tactics that we don't have any more like gliding off fear, but people adapt.. The advantage however is to the SM. For those people who start theory crafting  theoretical CC lengths,  and saying that the sorc can't possibly survive a fear lock- well that works out very well in forums, but less well in practise, it's not a guaranteed win for either class.

this sm is not bad.. i mean 2x good players same gear etc etc both have chance to win.. dont think sorcs has more chacnes or the sm has more chances.. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A good sorc will have the up hand 90% of the time, the cast time its almost instant and as a "bonus" if a sorc gets interrupted while casting a charging sleep spell, it will not be interrupted but will cast it at the current charging level, I have a hard time to kill medium to good skilled sorcs with acceptable gear, as they still are using the lock combination since a long time. DoTs are great, but if you get resisted or do not make enough damage even the 3 fear lock will not be enough.

In a battle between similar geared chars, the odds are almost always in favor of the sorc, but it all depends on the skill of the player, so to put it in perspective the one locking the other 1st has the bigger chance to win, but that's not always the case, so I will go for a 60 to 70% sorc win rate vs a 30 upto 40% SM win rate

Why do people keep talking about tactics and gear? Isn't this just a mention of which class has the most r3t@rd3d skills?

Sm is by far more of a pvp class than sorcerer. Fear is the most ridiculous debuff in game, they can bury their silence much easier with all the debuffs, they can removed your buffs, they can decrease your c.speed. Please if anything, SM is anti mage along with an anti-everything. Has a summon, he has more shields, his summon takes his dmg making him the class with the most HP in game (char + summon combined).

Even if you get out of fear at some point, you are either silenced locked, and/or have all your scrolld removed and/or have a debuff for c.speed which renders 90% of your skills practically useless.

This is skills of a class vs skills of another class. It is like asking if SW is better or worse than a Sorc, when a SW is a sorc with heals and debuffs. Bringing gear and tactics in questions like this is stupid.

Archived