We need to talk about the Chanter...

Matsukamy-KT

This is something that it's going to shock some of you. It's a well hidden secret in Aion. So secret that only a few chosen know about it. They distract you talking about SMs, ATs, Templars, Clerics and sorcs. But the real truth is that the most OP class in this game is the Chanter. But you will say well, SMs and sorc own Chanter. Well, any Chanter will a decent MS set will be immortal to those classes. It's not even a fight. But you will say, well, a plate with UD, att buffs can destroy a chanter any day. Well, the truth is that Chanters laugh at UD as they can go through it easily, and assuming you are not going to be stunlocked in UD to death when fighting one, they still can fight defensively till your attack buffs run out, and when that happens you are basically a sitting duck to a chanter. Let's not even talk about a fight without UD, in which case you are a dead duck. And lets not even bring his 2k dp which is the same as a berserker, except better and have a very small CD, very usefull on arenas... But you will say, well, sins can stun lock a chanter any day and has enough damage to kill him. Sry to say, but with 2 remove shocks and tons of demand stuns, the Chanter is going to stun lock you, not the opposite, and you will be dead before you can say Azphelumbra. And lets not forget how absurd is the advantage of constant healing with no CDs, no MP consumption problem, etc. Chanter is basically a walking tank(a very fast walking tank) that regens itself to complete health every 15 sec.

This must be fixed ASAP,

22 hours ago, Matsukamy-SL said:

This is something that it's going to shock some of you. It's a well hidden secret in Aion. So secret that only a few chosen know about it. They distract you talking about SMs, ATs, Templars, Clerics and sorcs. But the real truth is that the most OP class in this game is the Chanter.

What is your MA?

My 'judge a book by the cover' skills are telling me you simply don't have enough MA to be able to reliably chain bury. Signet resist much?

Either become a 3m CD hero with Slayer and Oath or buck up and resocket Precision until you have a working level of MA.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:33 PM, Matsukamy-SL said:

This is something that it's going to shock some of you. It's a well hidden secret in Aion. So secret that only a few chosen know about it. They distract you talking about SMs, ATs, Templars, Clerics and sorcs. But the real truth is that the most OP class in this game is the Chanter. But you will say well, SMs and sorc own Chanter. Well, any Chanter will a decent MS set will be immortal to those classes. It's not even a fight. But you will say, well, a plate with UD, att buffs can destroy a chanter any day. Well, the truth is that Chanters laugh at UD as they can go through it easily, and assuming you are not going to be stunlocked in UD to death when fighting one, they still can fight defensively till your attack buffs run out, and when that happens you are basically a sitting duck to a chanter. Let's not even talk about a fight without UD, in which case you are a dead duck. And lets not even bring his 2k dp which is the same as a berserker, except better and have a very small CD, very usefull on arenas... But you will say, well, sins can stun lock a chanter any day and has enough damage to kill him. Sry to say, but with 2 remove shocks and tons of demand stuns, the Chanter is going to stun lock you, not the opposite, and you will be dead before you can say Azphelumbra. And lets not forget how absurd is the advantage of constant healing with no CDs, no MP consumption problem, etc. Chanter is basically a walking tank(a very fast walking tank) that regens itself to complete health every 15 sec.

This must be fixed ASAP,

As a chanter myself, I have to disagree with this post.

You're exaggerating when you say that we "laugh at UD"; we have a skill that helps penetrate through UD, but only by 300, so what happens is that their UD is essentially weakened from 800 to 500 stun/stumble resist for a limited time. We have the best physical CC in the game, but it still takes some effort to lock a plate through 500 resist within a small window.

Full MS sets aren't viable anymore. 

Chanters do NOT have any on-demand stuns. All of our stuns are either RNG or have some prerequisite condition. Don't get me wrong; we have the best physical CC in the game, but using it to its full potential means adapting to opportunities rather than guaranteed CC that assassins have.

If by "constant healing with no CDs" you mean healing light, popping this healing skill is one of the worst things you can do in the middle of an encounter. It's easily interruptable, doesn't heal much, and immobilizes you for a good 2 seconds, which is one of the worst things you can do to yourself since one of this class's strengths is mobility.

14 hours ago, Rinkusan-SL said:

Full MS sets aren't viable anymore. 

Do you think making an SR set would still be viable? I saw some chanters wearing full Physical def manastones +100 on all their gears including mace and shiedk, now i wonder if those are effective against melee classes...

3 hours ago, Avin-BR said:

Do you think making an SR set would still be viable? I saw some chanters wearing full Physical def manastones +100 on all their gears including mace and shiedk, now i wonder if those are effective against melee classes...

They buffed the amount of physical defense you get from power stones, so I would not make a P-def set if I were you. As for SR, I haven't looked into it so I can't say for certain; I know some magic class players that use a lvl 65 strike resist set made of ancient manastones though. But my advice to every chanter is to complete a power/precision set that you plan on using for a while before even considering making a defensive set, and only even consider making a defensive set if you're trying to beat certain 1v1 match-ups.

• 3 weeks later...

You're exaggerating when you say that we "laugh at UD"; we have a skill that helps penetrate through UD, but only by 300, so what happens is that their UD is essentially weakened from 800 to 500 stun/stumble resist for a limited time. We have the best physical CC in the game, but it still takes some effort to lock a plate through 500 resist within a small window.

To be honest, it's not like theres a need of something else oter than a small window. You just simply do your thing and it will work. There's a very big number of stuns and KD skills with the chanter. And with the speed they attack, it works pretty well in terms of being lucky at the right time. Regardless, yes, a glad and a Temp will most likely be at a advantage against a Chanter when FULLY buffed, and facing it head on. When they don't have UD and their physical attack buffs, it's such a ridiculous ugly beating that is not even funny. 

Chanters do NOT have any on-demand stuns. All of our stuns are either RNG or have some prerequisite condition. Don't get me wrong; we have the best physical CC in the game, but using it to its full potential means adapting to opportunities rather than guaranteed CC that assassins have.

The only on demand stun of a sin is Ambush, and the one he starts from Hide, (making not on demand). Chanters have a guaranteed KD, and since soul strike is 12 sec you can throw whenever is out of CD, and proceed to throw whatever you have with no particular concern of what is the turn out. The Sin on the other hand has to plan ahead and use ambush only when he can guarantee a stun lock or a kill because he will be dead before the next ambush is avaidable again. Chanters on the other hand, never die.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-SL said:

To be honest, it's not like theres a need of something else oter than a small window. You just simply do your thing and it will work. There's a very big number of stuns and KD skills with the chanter. And with the speed they attack, it works pretty well in terms of being lucky at the right time. Regardless, yes, a glad and a Temp will most likely be at a advantage against a Chanter when FULLY buffed, and facing it head on. When they don't have UD and their physical attack buffs, it's such a ridiculous ugly beating that is not even funny. 

The only on demand stun of a sin is Ambush, and the one he starts from Hide, (making not on demand). Chanters have a guaranteed KD, and since soul strike is 12 sec you can throw whenever is out of CD, and proceed to throw whatever you have with no particular concern of what is the turn out. The Sin on the other hand has to plan ahead and use ambush only when he can guarantee a stun lock or a kill because he will be dead before the next ambush is avaidable again. Chanters on the other hand, never die.

We do have quite a lot of RNG stuns and stumbles, but that still doesn't change the fact that you exaggerate when you say that we laugh at UD. 800 resist with a small 500 resist window makes lockdowns difficult to pull off.

I strongly disagree here; chanters, just like ANY other class with stuns, have to plan ahead with their stuns. If anything, there's even more planning involved for chanters compared to other stun classes because our stuns are RNG; we have to plan what to do if the stun lands, and what to do if it doesn't land. Also, chanters do die; we're semi-tanks, but we're not actual tanks.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-SL said:

Show to me vid proof that it's possible to kill Vaticen and I'll believe you.

Why are you referencing the most geared chanter of his time? You do know that he had +5 accessories across the board back when people had a mix of +3's and +4's, right? 
Saying that chanters never die because Vaticen was so tanky is like saying spiritmasters never die because BornTwoOwn is so tanky. You're taking an extreme example and then generalizing it to the entire class. 

Why are you referencing the most geared chanter of his time? You do know that he had +5 accessories across the board back when people had a mix of +3's and +4's, right? 
Saying that chanters never die because Vaticen was so tanky is like saying spiritmasters never die because BornTwoOwn is so tanky. You're taking an extreme example and then generalizing it to the entire class. 

Of course I dont mean that Chanters dont literally die, do you understand that it's hyperbole, right ? There plenty of videos of Koreans chanters in 6v6, or discipline/gold, where you can assume that most players have high enchant, much higher than here and high tempering as well, and still I don't see it much. Look at the Zoly channel, Ji8sook or Bryan fox that you can see many fights.

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-SL said:

Of course I dont mean that Chanters dont literally die, do you understand that it's hyperbole, right ? There plenty of videos of Koreans chanters in 6v6, or discipline/gold, where you can assume that most players have high enchant, much higher than here and high tempering as well, and still I don't see it much. Look at the Zoly channel, Ji8sook or Bryan fox that you can see many fights.

Your response to Vantheria made it seem like you weren't exaggerating :/ 

Archived