Matsukamy-SL

We need to talk about the Chanter...

This is something that it's going to shock some of you. It's a well hidden secret in Aion. So secret that only a few chosen know about it. They distract you talking about SMs, ATs, Templars, Clerics and sorcs. But the real truth is that the most OP class in this game is the Chanter. But you will say well, SMs and sorc own Chanter. Well, any Chanter will a decent MS set will be immortal to those classes. It's not even a fight. But you will say, well, a plate with UD, att buffs can destroy a chanter any day. Well, the truth is that Chanters laugh at UD as they can go through it easily, and assuming you are not going to be stunlocked in UD to death when fighting one, they still can fight defensively till your attack buffs run out, and when that happens you are basically a sitting duck to a chanter. Let's not even talk about a fight without UD, in which case you are a dead duck. And lets not even bring his 2k dp which is the same as a berserker, except better and have a very small CD, very usefull on arenas... But you will say, well, sins can stun lock a chanter any day and has enough damage to kill him. Sry to say, but with 2 remove shocks and tons of demand stuns, the Chanter is going to stun lock you, not the opposite, and you will be dead before you can say Azphelumbra. And lets not forget how absurd is the advantage of constant healing with no CDs, no MP consumption problem, etc. Chanter is basically a walking tank(a very fast walking tank) that regens itself to complete health every 15 sec.

This must be fixed ASAP,

Bryos-TM   

Even if it was true, let Chanters be OP for a while. All other classes have had their chance. :P

If Chanter is OP, the only reason is cause when they get +20 gear the bonus magic boost and white attack benefits them the most, while the rest of the classes will only benefit from either magic boost or white attack but not both.

22 hours ago, Matsukamy-SL said:

This is something that it's going to shock some of you. It's a well hidden secret in Aion. So secret that only a few chosen know about it. They distract you talking about SMs, ATs, Templars, Clerics and sorcs. But the real truth is that the most OP class in this game is the Chanter.

What is your MA?

My 'judge a book by the cover' skills are telling me you simply don't have enough MA to be able to reliably chain bury. Signet resist much?

Either become a 3m CD hero with Slayer and Oath or buck up and resocket Precision until you have a working level of MA.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:33 PM, Matsukamy-SL said:

This is something that it's going to shock some of you. It's a well hidden secret in Aion. So secret that only a few chosen know about it. They distract you talking about SMs, ATs, Templars, Clerics and sorcs. But the real truth is that the most OP class in this game is the Chanter. But you will say well, SMs and sorc own Chanter. Well, any Chanter will a decent MS set will be immortal to those classes. It's not even a fight. But you will say, well, a plate with UD, att buffs can destroy a chanter any day. Well, the truth is that Chanters laugh at UD as they can go through it easily, and assuming you are not going to be stunlocked in UD to death when fighting one, they still can fight defensively till your attack buffs run out, and when that happens you are basically a sitting duck to a chanter. Let's not even talk about a fight without UD, in which case you are a dead duck. And lets not even bring his 2k dp which is the same as a berserker, except better and have a very small CD, very usefull on arenas... But you will say, well, sins can stun lock a chanter any day and has enough damage to kill him. Sry to say, but with 2 remove shocks and tons of demand stuns, the Chanter is going to stun lock you, not the opposite, and you will be dead before you can say Azphelumbra. And lets not forget how absurd is the advantage of constant healing with no CDs, no MP consumption problem, etc. Chanter is basically a walking tank(a very fast walking tank) that regens itself to complete health every 15 sec.

This must be fixed ASAP,

As a chanter myself, I have to disagree with this post.

You're exaggerating when you say that we "laugh at UD"; we have a skill that helps penetrate through UD, but only by 300, so what happens is that their UD is essentially weakened from 800 to 500 stun/stumble resist for a limited time. We have the best physical CC in the game, but it still takes some effort to lock a plate through 500 resist within a small window.

Full MS sets aren't viable anymore. 

Chanters do NOT have any on-demand stuns. All of our stuns are either RNG or have some prerequisite condition. Don't get me wrong; we have the best physical CC in the game, but using it to its full potential means adapting to opportunities rather than guaranteed CC that assassins have.

If by "constant healing with no CDs" you mean healing light, popping this healing skill is one of the worst things you can do in the middle of an encounter. It's easily interruptable, doesn't heal much, and immobilizes you for a good 2 seconds, which is one of the worst things you can do to yourself since one of this class's strengths is mobility.

Avin-BR   
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rinkusan-SL said:

Full MS sets aren't viable anymore. 

Do you think making an SR set would still be viable? I saw some chanters wearing full Physical def manastones +100 on all their gears including mace and shiedk, now i wonder if those are effective against melee classes...

Edited by Avin-BR

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Avin-BR said:

Do you think making an SR set would still be viable? I saw some chanters wearing full Physical def manastones +100 on all their gears including mace and shiedk, now i wonder if those are effective against melee classes...

They buffed the amount of physical defense you get from power stones, so I would not make a P-def set if I were you. As for SR, I haven't looked into it so I can't say for certain; I know some magic class players that use a lvl 65 strike resist set made of ancient manastones though. But my advice to every chanter is to complete a power/precision set that you plan on using for a while before even considering making a defensive set, and only even consider making a defensive set if you're trying to beat certain 1v1 match-ups.

Edited by Rinkusan-SL

Bogel-KR   

I wish chanter is this OP so all I have to do is just roll my face on keyboard and get the profit

I don't think chanters are the problem here. Clerics are far more aggravating. At least the ones on the opposing faction who always seem to be gods while your clerics can't even walk straight.

d6UVqZB.png