Aion Error E02018

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did all the procedures that were provided to me by email and none of them solved unhappily.
I do not know what to do to solve this problem.
In many years of Aion and with the same internet that I have never had this problem ...

the suport of my internet came to my house yesterday, and I was informed that there was nothing wrong :(

Yes it is a network problem, and it's completely on their side. But there is a workaround for this.

You'll need one of the 2 things: VPN or Ping Reducer that connects on launcher.

Ok why is that? NCsoft has possibly closed some ports to where they send data to, which sadly included some of you here on this thread. This error is quite simple to resolve as they just need to revert the changes they made to network or if it was an automatic action they'd just need to restore a previews build from their network to fix it. They won't do it, any time soon.

Work around is: you'll use a proxy.

A VPN, allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet, they can be used to access region-restricted websites, game servers, etc. When a game has a region lock to your country you can bypass it using a VPN. NCsoft is NOT region locking your country, it just locked/secured some doors to get to their server, probably because of the DDOS they received last week.

To use a VPN you'll need to pay for decent one or look for a free to use one. Free unlimted VPN's are rare and usually have limited data up to 500 to 1GB. With the vpn activated to US Texas region you'll be able to download your game normally, with a lower download rating but it'll get the job done.

The other way to solve that problem is to have a ping reducer. However WTFast won't solve that problem, as WTFast only takes effects after game is already open. So you'll need to get a ping reducer that connects you to a network before you open the game. The ones that I know that works 100% like this are: ReduceTheLag and NoPing. If you activate one of those PRIOR start downloading, you'll guarantee that your port won't be locked.

Again, NCsoft is not region locking you, the ports they have closed could affect any country even some regions in the US. When your internet tunnel from your computer to their server, it goes through one of those ports that are locked, and to bypass that you'll need to change that rout. The method I gave works 100% and it's safe.

Disclaimer: I do not encourage use of FREE VPN, their installation are usually accompanied by unwanted programs that will by installed if you don't pay attention, malware or trojans. If you are going to use this method to bypass that problem, use a safe and secure VPN or Ping Reducer, that is known by a community you are part of.

Good Luck~

13 hours ago, Korok-KT said:

Yes it is a network problem, and it's completely on their side. But there is a workaround for this.

Ok why is that? NCsoft has possibly closed some ports to where they send data to, which sadly included some of you here on this thread. This error is quite simple to resolve as they just need to revert the changes they made to network or if it was an automatic action they'd just need to restore a previews build from their network to fix it. They won't do it, any time soon.

A VPN, allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet, they can be used to access region-restricted websites, game servers, etc. When a game has a region lock to your country you can bypass it using a VPN. NCsoft is NOT region locking your country, it just locked/secured some doors to get to their server, probably because of the DDOS they received last week.

To use a VPN you'll need to pay for decent one or look for a free to use one. Free unlimted VPN's are rare and usually have limited data up to 500 to 1GB. With the vpn activated to US Texas region you'll be able to download your game normally, with a lower download rating but it'll get the job done.

The other way to solve that problem is to have a ping reducer. However WTFast won't solve that problem, as WTFast only takes effects after game is already open. So you'll need to get a ping reducer that connects you to a network before you open the game. The ones that I know that works 100% like this are: ReduceTheLag and NoPing. If you activate one of those PRIOR start downloading, you'll guarantee that your port won't be locked.

Again, NCsoft is not region locking you, the ports they have closed could affect any country even some regions in the US. When your internet tunnel from your computer to their server, it goes through one of those ports that are locked, and to bypass that you'll need to change that rout. The method I gave works 100% and it's safe.

Disclaimer: I do not encourage use of FREE VPN, their installation are usually accompanied by unwanted programs that will by installed if you don't pay attention, malware or trojans. If you are going to use this method to bypass that problem, use a safe and secure VPN or Ping Reducer, that is known by a community you are part of.

Good Luck~

Ty for your help, but even with no ping it doesn't work. It stops in XIGNCODE3 that never load, and if I try to repair I get again the same problem at 100%.

On 31/03/2018 at 5:00 AM, Korok-KT said:

Good Luck~

19 hours ago, SendaiNoMiko-KT said:

Ty for your help, but even with no ping it doesn't work. It stops in XIGNCODE3 that never load, and if I try to repair I get again the same problem at 100%.

I'm a ReduceTheLag user and still have the same problem........... cant logging for 4 days, RIP Prestige Pack,
Time to quit.

6 hours ago, Extase-KT said:

I'm a ReduceTheLag user and still have the same problem........... cant logging for 4 days, RIP Prestige Pack,
Time to quit.

I was with this error for 3 days, yesterday I was able to repair the aion using the faster tunnel, maybe it will help with your problem.

good luck

26 minutes ago, Harleen-DN said:

I was with this error for 3 days, yesterday I was able to repair the aion using the faster tunnel, maybe it will help with your problem.

good luck

Thanks for the tip, but it dont work for me. I turned off my RTL, intalled the tunnel and got the same error ! ;c

You need a Latency Fix. NC soft does not like slow to respond connections. I play over satellite so, yes High latency but, never a problem because of the fix I use to make my computer respond better to NCSoft servers. No this does not actually lower ping, but it does make your computer respond to each request by the server one by one instead of waiting for the server to ask 3-5 things the replying to all at once. Thus the remote server, NCSoft in this case, thinks you have a decent ping and, allows the download.

In plain English: Default is:

Server:Hi. You there? Hello? Anyone home? Who are you? Do you want something? No, okay, bye. (server refuses connection at this point.)

Your computer: Hi, yes, Hello, Yep, I'm a player, I need an update. Hey, where'd you go?

With fix:

Server: Hi

You: Hi

Server: What do you need?

You: An update.

Server, great, here you go.

You: Thanks, downloading now.

Server: Good, I'll sit tight and let you get it.

You need to make two changes to your Windows Registry.

Use Windows-R to bring up the run box on the system.

Type in regedit here and tap on the enter key

Navigate to the following Registry key here using the tree-like structure on the left: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Here you need to go through the list of sub-keys to locate the network adapter entry that is used to connect to the Internet. If you are using DHCP, you need to look for DhcpIPAdddress here to find the correct adapter, otherwise you need to look for IPAddress here.

Most of the entries did not contain any useful data on a test system, so that finding the right one should be relatively easy.

If you do not know your local IP address do the following to find it out: Use Windows-R to bring up the runbox, type in cmd and hit enter. Here you then need to enter ipconfig to display the IP address.

Once you have located the correct key right-click it and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value.

Name it TcpAckFrequency and click ok.

Double-click the value afterwards and set its value to 1. (To restore the default setting, change the value to 2 or delete the key)

Now navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

Right-click on the key again and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value.

Name the new parameter TCPNoDelay

Double-click it afterwards and change its value to 1. (To restore the key at a later point in time change it to 0 or delete the key)

3 hours ago, Azraiel-DN said:

You need a Latency Fix. NC soft does not like slow to respond connections. I play over satellite so, yes High latency but, never a problem because of the fix I use to make my computer respond better to NCSoft servers. No this does not actually lower ping, but it does make your computer respond to each request by the server one by one instead of waiting for the server to ask 3-5 things the replying to all at once. Thus the remote server, NCSoft in this case, thinks you have a decent ping and, allows the download.

In plain English: Default is:

Server:Hi. You there? Hello? Anyone home? Who are you? Do you want something? No, okay, bye. (server refuses connection at this point.)

Your computer: Hi, yes, Hello, Yep, I'm a player, I need an update. Hey, where'd you go?

With fix:

Server: Hi

You: Hi

Server: What do you need?

You: An update.

Server, great, here you go.

You: Thanks, downloading now.

Server: Good, I'll sit tight and let you get it.

You need to make two changes to your Windows Registry.

Use Windows-R to bring up the run box on the system.

Type in regedit here and tap on the enter key

Navigate to the following Registry key here using the tree-like structure on the left: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Here you need to go through the list of sub-keys to locate the network adapter entry that is used to connect to the Internet. If you are using DHCP, you need to look for DhcpIPAdddress here to find the correct adapter, otherwise you need to look for IPAddress here.

Most of the entries did not contain any useful data on a test system, so that finding the right one should be relatively easy.

If you do not know your local IP address do the following to find it out: Use Windows-R to bring up the runbox, type in cmd and hit enter. Here you then need to enter ipconfig to display the IP address.

Once you have located the correct key right-click it and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value.

Name it TcpAckFrequency and click ok.

Double-click the value afterwards and set its value to 1. (To restore the default setting, change the value to 2 or delete the key)

Now navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

Right-click on the key again and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value.

Name the new parameter TCPNoDelay

Double-click it afterwards and change its value to 1. (To restore the key at a later point in time change it to 0 or delete the key)

wow, worked, ty very much. WTFast is with a login problem right now, but when it come back I'll test better.

@Extase-KT for me worked, I'm sad that you uninstalled the game and maybe didnt need. I hope it work for you too.

Glad it helped. Some of us don't have cable of fiber (ground based) ISP options. We are stuck with high latency satellite or, other high latency connections. Viasat, TooWay and, HughesNet being the big three for that but, there are others. (TooWay is Viasat Europe, FYI)

2 hours ago, Azraiel-DN said:

Glad it helped. Some of us don't have cable of fiber (ground based) ISP options. We are stuck with high latency satellite or, other high latency connections. Viasat, TooWay and, HughesNet being the big three for that but, there are others. (TooWay is Viasat Europe, FYI)

All working including WTFast, ty angel

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GrimSP-KT said:

Can I get help with this error:

E02018 CFI_DDF_D5__188/ffffffff 

File name "FileInfoMap_AION_188.dat.zip"

Thanks in advance.

Did you restart your modem and PC? What internet provider are you using? Also, are you on Wifi or satellite or DSL?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived