Frozen Magic 2017 Reward & Instance List

Cyan

On 12/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, Cyan said:

Hello Daevas, 

below you can find the list of rewards and available instances for Frozen Magic. Full details can be found here. 

Rewards:

[Event] Noble Melted Bundle

• Golden Wing Mark (x5)
  • Golden Wing Mark (x15)
  • Shining Enchantment Stone
  • Crafting Boost Charm II - 500%
  • Plastic Surgery Ticket
  • Berdin's Lucky Star
  • Stigma Sack
  • Tempering Solution
  • Omega Enchantment Stone
  • [Event] Snowflake Crystal

Is the Plastic Surgery Ticket tradeable? (please say yes)

23 hours ago, Stickie-KT said:

The thread says this is for 30+ but if your under level 66 you don't accumulate the Snow Balls every 30 mins.

Working as intended?

I am incredibly disappointed by this new level restriction. It use to be that everyone level 30 and up could obtain 8 free snowballs a day. Now it is down to a measly 2. People will say that it isn't a big deal; just level up your toons! But I am not complaining about having to level my toons. I am complaining about the lack of interest ncsoft has for its young player-base. Why does it seem like low-levels are being punished for not speed-leveling through the game? It makes sense to have level restrictions on certain events -- ones that are actually geared toward high-level content -- but what possible reason can you give to justify putting a level restriction on an event the entire player-base can enjoy?

34 minutes ago, Azeriah-KT said:

I am incredibly disappointed by this new level restriction. It use to be that everyone level 30 and up could obtain 8 free snowballs a day. Now it is down to a measly 2. People will say that it isn't a big deal; just level up your toons! But I am not complaining about having to level my toons. I am complaining about the lack of interest ncsoft has for its young player-base. Why does it seem like low-levels are being punished for not speed-leveling through the game? It makes sense to have level restrictions on certain events -- ones that are actually geared toward high-level content -- but what possible reason can you give to justify putting a level restriction on an event the entire player-base can enjoy?

It was done to counter the fact that a lot of players have made multiple accounts of level 30 characters (~1-2 hours leveling if you're lazy) just to profit massively off of snowballs (one guy on Danaria was bragging that he has 27 full accounts of level 30 characters). It was changed to 2 snowballs last year.

This morning someone was selling coins and passing them off as snowballs. 

When some brought this up in LFG they were insulted, demeaned, chided.

When I stepped in, I was also insulted, told to "grow a pair" and told to basically stfu.

___

This type of behavior is incorrect.  We are trying to point out to other players that this is a scam. 

However, then we are told by those yowling insults at us in LFG, that this is not a scam, not against TOS and it's on the fault of the buyer, not the seller.

___

I think that anyone who can behave in such a manor needs to take a long look at why they feel it is okay to jump on someone verbally and begin harassing them because they tried to stand up to them and say "No, this is not okay and I'm going to say something about this person selling something as something else for profilt".

Some of those who were tossing insults even decided this is something they should be doing.

___

I think that we need to talk about this and how we feel about these types of disruptions in LFG and how best to handle folks selling silver coins for snowballs and on their sign, indicating they are snowballs.

Ode

I'm sorry, @Ode-DN

While I am not surprised someone stood up for these scammers, I am surprised that no other legit players spoke up with you. I posted pictures of several players setting up shops next to scammers to warn them against buying from these shops.

Unfortunately they are correct. It isn't against the ToS and Support will do nothing to these scammers. There are players who have run this exact same scam for years and years and are quite proud of themselves.

It's disgusting and I am sorry you were abused. Please please please send in a ticket to Support. Get some of these idiots a 3 day sit down for being potatoes.

Shining Enchantment Stone

Enchantment Stone 5

How can you justify these as being part of the rewards for the +10 snowball?  They RNG to get *TO* a +10 snowball was terrible already.  At least have the decency to make the least reward a lowly essence core.  Take the regular and shining enchantment stones off the list.  Or better yet, take the essence core off of there too and replace it with 100 Palasite Crystals.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to admit it, but snowballs this year was really meh. I stopped afking characters for extra snowballs after the first week because the rewards were just so meh. 

Though if NCWest takes away nothing else from the Year of the Failed Snowballs, please please -please-.. bring back to blood medals and get rid of the golden wing marks. Talk about a totally useless participation reward. At least with blood medals, everyone could do something with them.

15 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I hate to admit it, but snowballs this year was really meh. I stopped afking characters for extra snowballs after the first week because the rewards were just so meh. 

Agreed... I did the same thing. Just not worth the effort. I opened thousands of snowballs and got nothing good besides tempering solutions and omega stones... I'm sure some didn't even have the same "luck" as I did... lol

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived