Forums

NEXT AION 2018.1.17

Neleth-KT

20 hours ago, chotan-KT said:

They post an update about the upcoming item change.

1) They reduce 6 ranks of level (ex. mythic, eternal, etc) to 3 ranks (ancient, legendary, ultimate)

2) You get new PVE items in the pve instance only, and new PVP items in the PVP instance and siege activity.

2-1) You can upgrade better PVP items by PVP activity on the new map.

3) You can not add idian, augment, godstone anymore.

4) Manastone socket slot changes from 6 slot to 3 slot.

5) Added 2 new enchantment item that use to enchant gear, PVE stat and PVP stat.

6) You can not use Omega Enchantment Stones and Tempering Solution anymore. (can trade for new enchantment item)

7) Max enchantment level is +15. You can not enchant anymore after +15.

I can see it now gents. The glory days of 55-era Aion again.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Skyline-DN said:

Unless they address the leveling grind issue, their player base will forever shrink

Korean streamers are claiming leveling is easy in 6.0. Not sure if there are any real sources to back that up yet though.

46 minutes ago, Skyline-DN said:

Unless they address the leveling grind issue, their player base will forever shrink

Sorry, I forgot to add that part on the translation.

They said players will be able to reach max level easily by doing campaign and quests without any exp boost items.

They emphasized "similar to older version of Aion"

8 minutes ago, Drealud-KT said:

My question is how will this affect na and eu because we wont be getting the patch until a few months after... will people still buy ncoin and spend real money on temperings and omegas knowing they will be removed soon. Just wondering if this will affect cash shop sales of both regions.

They should be fine. There will always be people willing to pump money into the game if something unique pops up, and NC can put those items behind paywalls. Look at how many people shelled out for Magna Carta items. We'll probably see more and more promotions like that in the future to ensure a steady cash flow into NC's coffers.

4 minutes ago, Skyline-DN said:

I'm hoping NA devs/admins completely skip 5.8 and release straight to 6.0...

Uh...but we already know we're getting 5.8 on Jan 10th...

1 minute ago, Forgotten-DN said:

They should be fine. There will always be people willing to pump money into the game if something unique pops up, and NC can put those items behind paywalls. Look at how many people shelled out for Magna Carta items. We'll probably see more and more promotions like that in the future to ensure a steady cash flow into NC's coffers.

Uh...but we already know we're getting 5.8 on Jan 10th...

Shhhhh don't burst my bubble :(

I always facepalm so hard when I see people suggesting "skip 5.8". Too bad there is no funny image fro that anymore. :P

Anyway, no need to worry. 5.8 is already announced and making its way. Meaning the NCWest team is (almost) done with the update and that their focus will now be to adapt anything they get from Korea.

IMO, Aion 6.0 should've been released as Aion2. It would have been a perfect way to get new and old players into the game and giving everyone a fresh start. People who worked their butts off in 5.8 would've been able to keep everything they worked for and said farewell on a high note and people who left on bad terms would be reinvigorated by all the changes they see in the new game.

So, with Aion 6.0, we're probably going to see many people return...but NC is still going to have a hard time marketing a 10 year old game to NEW players, at least in NA. This is what confuses me the most about their decision. If it had been done as A2 with a shiny new game engine, it would be a much easier sell.

Also, with such a drastic pivot BACK to casuals, it makes me wonder how far along they are in A2's development, if it had even started at all.

ncsoft just needs to release A2 with a brand new graphics engine that utilizes more than a single nyerk gpu thread and make the game not suck.

problem fixed.

man, i should be a dev for this brilliant idea.

or just start a petition here on the forums for NA to release 6.0 on Feb 10, 2018. Give people a month to "enjoy" the shitty 5.8 patch :D

And Since 6.0 marks the end of a subscription-based Korean grindfest (for Korea), expect the cash shop to be much more Gacha-centric than before, which NCWest and Gameforge most likely have to follow...

Examples of current gachas in NA 5.6:

• Luna dice (Permanent)
  • Upgrade Arcade (event)
  • Shugo Sweep (event)
  • All event bundles
  • Minion contracts
  • Stigma bundles

Expect the something similar to below to happen: (FFBE)

14 hours ago, Forgotten-DN said:

IMO, Aion 6.0 should've been released as Aion2. It would have been a perfect way to get new and old players into the game and giving everyone a fresh start. People who worked their butts off in 5.8 would've been able to keep everything they worked for and said farewell on a high note and people who left on bad terms would be reinvigorated by all the changes they see in the new game.

So, with Aion 6.0, we're probably going to see many people return...but NC is still going to have a hard time marketing a 10 year old game to NEW players, at least in NA. This is what confuses me the most about their decision. If it had been done as A2 with a shiny new game engine, it would be a much easier sell.

Also, with such a drastic pivot BACK to casuals, it makes me wonder how far along they are in A2's development, if it had even started at all.

I agree and disagree, remember when they annouced Blade and Soul for NA and how many years and hype before it was actually released. May as well have a fun patch to play as they work on it.

Also to add to the whole capping everything at +15 I feel like the NA community will be hugely appreciative of this than the korea since most of us barely have +20.

13 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

With 80 AP and enhanced Harvester going back to untradable and without destruction on enchantment failure, it was pretty clear what the direction of the game's future was gonna point toward to. But if Aion Powerbook and the Refly update posts, enhanced Harvesters will already be obsolete on arrival.

Also heard we will need the new 5.8 L80 abyss gear if we want to trade in for the newer stuff in 6.0 but will reconfirm and let everyone know.

On 12/21/2017 at 11:07 PM, chotan-KT said:

They post an update about the upcoming item change.

6) You can not use Omega Enchantment Stones and Tempering Solution anymore. (can trade for new enchantment item)

So should I be selling my tempering solutions and omega stones now, or keep them and trade them in after the patch hits? Last time I waited to trade something in, the npc ripped me off. >:P

The summary of that page:

• Character levelling will be changed. We will get helpers to guide us through it (or that is what I understood)
  • The regions you go through while levelling will change. Elyos only go to Poeta, Heiron, Inggison, Cygnea and the New Area. Asmodians only go to IshalgenBeluslanGelkmarosEnshar and the New Area. (By New Area, I mean the new shared map for level 80 players)
  • Once you reach the new area, there will be a feature that will allow you to reach level 80 within 2-3 days or so, starting from 75.
  • Content in the new area unlocks at 80.
  • "Norsvold and Iluma are gone" (아스테라와 노스폴드는 사라지고). Not sure if they mean "You wont need to go here" or "Same story as Sarpan, Tiamaranta and Katalam".
  • You can see the new area's layout.
  • More will be added to the feature that helps you level in the future.
  • Next Friday they will issue another article, this one going further into levelling and items.
  • Incoming reward for those who worked hard on improving their Archdaevas (as in reaching level 75).

53 minutes ago, Bryos-KT said:

The summary of that page:

• Character levelling will be changed. We will get helpers to guide us through it (or that is what I understood)
  • The regions you go through while levelling will change. Elyos only go to Poeta, Heiron, Inggison, Cygnea and the New Area. Asmodians only go to IshalgenBeluslanGelkmarosEnshar and the New Area. (By New Area, I mean the new shared map for level 80 players)
  • Once you reach the new area, there will be a feature that will allow you to reach level 80 within 2-3 days or so, starting from 75.
  • Content in the new area unlocks at 80.
  • "Norsvold and Iluma are gone" (아스테라와 노스폴드는 사라지고). Not sure if they mean "You wont need to go here" or "Same story as Sarpan, Tiamaranta and Katalam".
  • You can see the new area's layout.
  • More will be added to the feature that helps you level in the future.
  • Next Friday they will issue another article, this one going further into levelling and items.
  • Incoming reward for those who worked hard on improving their Archdaevas (as in reaching level 75).

Thankies for the summary! <3 So there is no mentioning about Kaldor either then... lol Time to lay back and wait for more infos. Interesting! :3

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

Thankies for the summary! <3 So there is no mentioning about Kaldor either then... lol Time to lay back and wait for more infos. Interesting! :3

So far, they said Iluma, Norsvold, and Kaldor will be removed.

There can be more, but nobody knows yet.

Archived