NEXT AION 2018.1.17

Neleth-KT

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

The summary of that page:

• The regions you go through while levelling will change. Elyos only go to Poeta, Heiron, Inggison, Cygnea and the New Area. Asmodians only go to IshalgenBeluslanGelkmarosEnshar and the New Area. (By New Area, I mean the new shared map for level 80 players)

So they are removing Eltnen, Verteron, Altgard and Brusthonin???? I happen to like those maps! Oh, but I guess it's okay 'cause we get a "new area" for everyone to exploit. Total BS.

2 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Kinda lame they're removing maps again....

Here here! I never got to visit Sarpan, Tiamaranta or Katalam before they were removed. Why doesn't AIon care about new players, or those like myself that enjoy quest/story content? The campaign quests always get nerked up.

Ok, ok, ok. We all need to calm down. :P

They are improving the efficiency of the path you go through while levelling. This means, you are only required to go through the specified areas to reach max level. There is no mention of "we will remove all unused areas". I am 95% sure no ones will be removed, because they did not really hint at that and it is way too sudden as to how they phrased it. The only removed content we might see are some old quests, as old zones are being reworked (aesthetically and functionally).

The only ones that I am unsure of is Norsvold and Iluma, but, probably the same.

I honestly think it's about time that the leveling areas and quests had a complete overhaul. Think about it. They have been making leveling to 65 easier and easier with less and less quests to the point that you are on one of the old maps for a total of an hour, not seeing the whole map and missing more than half of the storyline. Nothing was making sense and the maps you and I loved so much were not being shown at their best.

So YEAH!

Let's get a leveling experience that makes sense. Something that teaches the game while telling the story on fewer, more interesting maps with less wasted or forgotten space.

You know. You have to crawl before you can run. In fact, you have to sit up before you can crawl before you can run. People need to be taught how to PLAY THE GAME before they can become cannon fodder for the e-peen swinging tardlets who run about in their freaking zerg shouting "trash" at every dead body that they see.. even if they didn't even touch them.. and then proceed to sit afk in Iluma/Nors in their shiny PvP gear that they bought from the broker.

cdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=117&h=1319c3

I'm preparing for deletion of daevanion quest lv 30,goodbye to daevanion lv 46 gears pretty much like how we say goodbye to daevanion lv 60 :(

Since leveling will focus on quests only then we can assume no more farming mobs/instances exp ? O.o (goodbye Haramel,NTC,FT,TL,Adma and whatever that got deleting)
We sharing same map with asmos ? I thought Koreans request they wanna play without invading enemy perhaps safe zone in new map ? :o

I am going to ignore the first part because my posts have fallen into blind eyes. :P

The issue with two separate maps is that activity between them will be limited by rifts, and that finding each other is more difficult. Shared maps concentrate players in one area, allowing more PvP possibilities.And, no, there seems to be no safe zones in the new map (except for one small spot). The issue that comes with it is WHERE level 80 players will hang around mostly. If level 75-79 players have to level around the outskirts of the map, there is guaranty level 80 players wont get to their area and stomp them.

7 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

I am going to ignore the first part because my posts have fallen into blind eyes. :P

The issue with two separate maps is that activity between them will be limited by rifts, and that finding each other is more difficult. Shared maps concentrate players in one area, allowing more PvP possibilities.And, no, there seems to be no safe zones in the new map (except for one small spot). The issue that comes with it is WHERE level 80 players will hang around mostly. If level 75-79 players have to level around the outskirts of the map, there is guaranty level 80 players wont get to their area and stomp them.

It pretty much sounds like they are trying to make a new Katalam/Danaria map which is really exciting, imo.

Also all those "maps will get deleted" posts are so not needed unless we are 100% sure, which we are not. Just wait for more infos like already suggested. This whole patch sounds quite nice though, not sure if there are people who are actually excited about it, I am. <3

One small note about this "leveling guide" they mentioned, sounds very much like the Black Spirit in Black Desert Online, which is very helpful. Hope it will be something similar to it. :3

14 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

One small note about this "leveling guide" they mentioned, sounds very much like the Black Spirit in Black Desert Online, which is very helpful. Hope it will be something similar to it. :3

Please explain what's Black Spirit in BDO and how it works.I wish to know :)

26 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Please explain what's Black Spirit in BDO and how it works.I wish to know :)

Here's a small description:

"The Black Spirit is a mysterious mystical black essence who is one of your companions along your travels. It cannot die and can be called upon by pressing the ' , ' key by default. The Spirit, along with being a major part of the storyline, will also give you quests and tips on how to play the game.

The black spirit will offer quests throughout the game, often these are triggered by exploring new areas, accepting quests or reaching specific levels. Some of the quests will have you explore ancient artifacts that empower the ancient spirit and unlock new abilities."

Not sure how NCSoft will develop this, but this is a good example which is actually new player friendly, imo.

1 hour ago, Neleth-KT said:

NWG6Ulddbtv11Do7t4sLSseAV58T0er7VvOFLSLmthis guy ? he looks evil o_O

I prefer someone who look like Brother Hajoon as my companion more :o

yeah that one it. I agree with you, I was always thinking he will turn against me but then i stopped playing xD Anyway to the topic I really how the redesigned maps will look beautiful q.q. 

Even some Koreans have mixed reactions.

To my understanding apparently kinah is being removed and replaced with 백민 금괴 which roughly translates to "million gold bars" or call it gold ingot. Korean powerwiki isn't saying much at the moment, so I'm not sure how is this going to work out.

Taken from the following link, both Elyos and Asmodians will have a companion. For Elyos, it's "Roie" (로이에) and for Asmodians it's "Cheska" (체스카) and those companions appear right from the start upon appearing in Poeta/Ishalgen.

In this here, at the bottom it speaks about removal of Essence Cores, their levels and the gold ingots you'll be receiving to compensate. 

Essence Core +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +10
Gold Ingot 11 15 23 31 47 80

I hope NCWest kinda adjusts that though, pretty sure not many people have a +5 essence core.

This Aion Refly (sometimes referred to Aion Again for some reason) intends to get rid of the dead and unused maps to make the game more beginner friendly. It's kinda why Korea also finally went free to play, but you still need a phone to verify your identity. I guess this is their attempt to save the game from collapsing. Korean players complained about the excessive pay to win content in the shop (and they were sub based lol), which eventually led their population to die off. In just one year they went from 15 live servers to just 3 (5 master servers to just 1).

P.S. - Stop insisting that NCWest will skip 5.8. It's not going to happen, and the 6.0 translation will take few months. Those kind of big changes will have tons of bugs NCKorea will have to fix.

On 28/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, Bryos-KT said:

If Aion is a PvP game, why am I here?

To use aetherhold on bosses.

They add PVE Tempering in 5.8, so I'll give you that.

On 28/12/2017 at 6:23 AM, Aly-DN said:

I don't like ethugs QQ Carebears are the best!

Yeah, we get it. You can give it a rest. The last thing elitists care about is your feelings. The opposite faction can't fuel your economy, so fodder they will remain.

Archived