Forums

If you were in charge of the 6.0 class rebalance, how would you go about it?

GlutenFree-DN

1 minute ago, Skyline-DN said:

In terms of pvp, sins are pretty strong at the moment. Many people shy away from the class is because it is the most ping dependent class. Not everyone has 40< ping even with broadband connection / proxy.

Do not use names it will get thread shut down plz edit it <3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, meme-KT said:

@Bryos-KT is correct, SW got buffed in 4.8 and now everyone plays them because you can press 1,2,3 and win every fight.

Apart from the glaring SW OPness I'd say classe balance is not terrible right now considering the archdaeva mess they created.

The least played class at the moment seems to be Assassin? I hardly see any of them around especially not in PvP. Maybe a sin can weigh in on why they are so underplayed?

maybe ATs are the underplayed class

If I can do anything I want ? :P

Then I'll allow ATs to weaer magic plates,make throne song as individual buff not chain not attack skills but a buff like WoI so SW can play support like everyone without switching target or just make it AoE attack with buff around caster.
Add 3rd blue stigma for every class,let people select vision stigma freely.
Make focus shot a damage skill without cast time and buff physical attack for 30% for 10 hits :P
Make reroute power a physical attack and buff in same time.

That's all for now :)

Oh yeah and make ascension spell stacking with WoI too xD

u know if i could see my cute toon that i spent hours working on the face and with cute skins that i spend billions of kinah on (i even skin my earrings) instead of only being able to skin my weapon i would consider AT but this is barbie online and your arguments are invalid, i cant even tell the 1 AT from the next, line them all up and i'm looking at them like white people look at us Asians "basically all the same"

4 hours ago, Skyline-DN said:

AT nerf list

1) double boost has a 4min CD like glad/templar charge

2) increase conversion beam CD to 1m (like sins blood rune) and have it share same CD as siphoning stab

3) hypergate detonation regenerates no additional hp. (this is probably the most broken move... its basically 2k dp heal for templars)

4) increase kinetic slam CD to 1m

There's a reason why Hypergate Detonation takes us ATs out of our Bastions. Just silence an AT or if you're a plate, stumblestumblestumble constantly. It is NOT broken, LOL.

22 minutes ago, Commission-DN said:

There's a reason why Hypergate Detonation takes us ATs out of our Bastions. Just silence an AT or if you're a plate, stumblestumblestumble constantly. It is NOT broken, LOL.

I'm not sure if you were reply about that specific skill, or ATs  in general. Of course I don't main an AT, but a geared AT is a very tough opponent. I would think that a lot of ATs would even agree- rRecently, there was a poll in the AT class forum entitled something like " as an AT, what class gives you a challenge in PVP"- if  I recall the answers correctly, at of approximately the 10 classes in the game only 2 or 3 were really problematic to most ATs that answered,  and one of them was "other ATs". 

I wouldn't say that silencing an AT was anywhere near as crippling as silencing a sorc.

I have been thinking about this ever since i first saw the post hours ago.

Honestly i can not come up with anything... i mean i have come up with probably about 100 different ideas but then when i think about them go OK i am going to type it i realize how unfair some would be. I will be one of the first to say i could not do a class balance change as much as i feel i have good ideas many people would be upset by them.

Everybody is saying which classes need to be nerfed, I on the other hand will say which class is gimped and needs a boost.

Sorc has been the power house and one of the top classes up to 3.0 and including. After that sorc has only become a heavy DPS class for PvE and gets stomped on by any other classes if decently played.

I may be slightly biased towards sin, but making counter attack stun more reliable would be great as well as making sprinting upkeep a number instead of a percent. Another matter entirely is removing the bug where people are stunned, but are either actively sliding away from the sin or are actually about 10m the other direction. That would essentially be 2nd Christmas.

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake-DN said:

I may be slightly biased towards sin, but making counter attack stun more reliable would be great as well as making sprinting upkeep a number instead of a percent. Another matter entirely is removing the bug where people are stunned, but are either actively sliding away from the sin or are actually about 10m the other direction. That would essentially be 2nd Christmas.

The "people moving to africa after being stunned" thing is a product of NC's poor netcode and the fact that everyone has high ping.

I do agree however that sins could need a bit of love right now.

• Slayer form should be a toggle like mau form

• Windwalk should be a normal skill.

• Sprinting should not take mana (or not as much at least)

Increase songweaver's resurrection skill from 3s cast time to 6s -- just like clerics and chanters. OR reduce cleric/chanter resurrection cast time to 3s to match songweavers. There's no reason a songweaver should have a shorter res time than the two ACTUAL support classes, especially considering most songweavers have no desire to resurrect someone because they'd rather just afk 1,2,3 the whole time.

Turn archdaeva skills into regular skills if we're going to be losing the CP system -- or, at the very least, turn them into acquirable stigmas. i.e., please don't make me lose group Protection Ward. T___T

Increase the amount of HP restored to a few of the cleric's skills. Restoring 1k HP when everyone has a minimum of 20k HP these days is just insane. It made sense years ago, but not now.

Give chanters a dispel skill. P L E A S E. Like 3min cd, I don't care, just SOMEthing.

Any other ideas I have would be too unfair if I'm being honest hahaha.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Increase songweaver's resurrection skill from 3s cast time to 6s -- just like clerics and chanters. OR reduce cleric/chanter resurrection cast time to 3s to match songweavers. There's no reason a songweaver should have a shorter res time than the two ACTUAL support classes, especially considering most songweavers have no desire to resurrect someone because they'd rather just afk 1,2,3 the whole time.

Erm, sw is actually a support class too, just really few players goes support sw, maybe they find it boring, but sw is a support class too, they have feelings too, don't discriminate them xD(you will be blacklisted by all sw's and don't receive mana).

Just give ranger's skill healing wings(10 mins), less CD, give the same CD as SW soaring skill (3mins).

increase range of bestial from 15m to 20m at least.

i have more things in mind, but well -_-

1 hour ago, Asniel-DN said:

(you will be blacklisted by all sw's and don't receive mana).

Chanters don't need mana help lol. xD

But seriously, yes, there are a few support songweavers out there -- the BG of my legion is a good one -- but they are rare. Most songweavers will not ever help heal. And that's totally fine. But they should not have the shortest cast speed resurrection.

My beef with SWs is the fact that they are well-rounded, and not in the good way. Devs wanted a third support class, which is fair. Problem was that they chose SWs for this. They are cloth, which in Aion usually mean squishy but high damage. They got this when they were first released. Then they wanted to make them better support classes, so they gave them more/better shields and heals. So, basically, what a SW is now is a class that has to deal damage to survive, but has good means to recover/withstand, and does not give up high damage for a defensive playstyle, AND can effectively wear down opponents by draining their MP.

3 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

My beef with SWs is the fact that they are well-rounded, and not in the good way. Devs wanted a third support class, which is fair. Problem was that they chose SWs for this. They are cloth, which in Aion usually mean squishy but high damage. They got this when they were first released. Then they wanted to make them better support classes, so they gave them more/better shields and heals. So, basically, what a SW is now is a class that has to deal damage to survive, but has good means to recover/withstand, and does not give up high damage for a defensive playstyle, AND can effectively wear down opponents by draining their MP.

SW are not "well rounded" , they are some horrid, bastardized combination of a sorc, cleric and and mana healer.As you said,they gave them great heals and shields, which doesn't match with a class that has both the ability to CC AND heal and para and debuff and dispell themselves do damage.  They do't even have to worry about long cast times, plus their animation skills have been improved, so they're fairly mobile. They don't even have PVP damage nerfs, plus the skill cap is so low anyone can (and does) play one.

That being said, any class is viable in PVP right now. Contrary  to some earlier posts, no class gets stomped on, but the skill cap is definitely higher on some classes.

Some classes do need some QOL improvements, I would rather not nerf clases - with the exception of AT and SW- I'd rather bring up the classes that had useles vison stigmas and/or nerfed skills in the past (sorc, potentially ranger). Templar, chanter, sin are fine.

Doesn't matter what we say anyway- KR will do what it wants.

Archived